[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Apocalypse is capekino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 22
File: xmen apocalypse.jpg (100 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
xmen apocalypse.jpg
100 KB, 600x887
>X-Men Days of Future Past 92% on Rotten Tomatoes: "I liked it because it wasn't completely forgettable like the Marvel movies!"

>X-Men Apocalypse 49% on Rotten Tomatoes: "I didn't like it because it wasn't enough like the Marvel movies!"

The fuck?
>>
File: 1460342395639.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460342395639.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
Bump, seriously what happened? Why should a good movie suffer because of Marvel fatigue?

Why should a movie be criticized about being "formulaic" while the Marvel capeshit gets high 80s and 90s on RT?
>>
>>70075186
Are those retarded opinions of the same critic, or what are you trying to say?

Personally, I loved Apocalypse, but I get that it wasn't as strong and well paced as DoFP.
Also, DoFP had a LOT going on, trying to reboot the franchise at the same time of dealing with political issues as well as annihilation. It kinda makes the strongest villain pale in comparison, because that was the only thing motivating this movie. Maybe human compassion and selfishness, but that was very subtle.

What Apocalypse has over DoFP are God tier performances by both lead characters, and even Lawrence wasn't that bad.
>>
>>70075186
Why did people think this movie was going to be good? It's looked like shit from the beginning.
>>
>>70075463
It's a generalization but many of the same people who loved DofP for not being a generic Marvel movie hate Apocalypse for the same thing. It's retarded.
>>
>>70075186
Just came back from seeing this, and it is goofy as fuck. The entire theater was cracking up at a good chunk of the movie, including shit that wasn't supposed to be funny. Also, Apocalypse still looks and sounds ridiculous
>>
>>70075763
Was your theater full of nignogs or something?

People were totally invested in my theater and I live in upper class New York.
>>
Fassbender talents were wasted. Shit, I thought even McAvoy phoned it in a few scenes (and I like him as an actor).
>>
>>70075810
I'm in an upper class Maryland neighborhood, movie was just goofy

Like the scene where Magneto's daughter makes all the birds go crazy and then her and the mother get shot to death with an arrow
>>
File: 1460345286183.jpg (92 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
1460345286183.jpg
92 KB, 717x960
>>70075879
My theater was completely silent as if they were watching a Martin Scorsese/Tarantino movie.

Sux2BuM8
>>
>Forced plot
>Terrible dialogues, every other line is trailer bait
>characters are 20-30 years older than DOFP but haven't aged
>way too much mystique, and way too much non-blue mystique
>Rehashed Deus Ex Machina Quicksilver Scene
>Apocalypse is a stupid villain
>Jean Cray can't act, Psylocke is terrible
>Wolverine scene is cool, but unneccesary
>Jean using Phoenix Force in the end without killing everyone in the area
>>
>>70076113
Charles, Moira and Magneto are aged as fuck. The latter being naturally so, and I think Charles and Moira was mostly a bit of makeup.
Raven and Beast are not supposed to age as fast as humans.
Havok and Quicksilver were also aged a bit, but it's like going from 18/28 where there's not much difference.

Also I was a dressing this in another thread that died so I'll just copy-paste here because it's one of the big complaints about the movie...

About Jean's powerlevel:

Indeed, Charles never put the restrains that X3 did, so she could easily access her full inner strength.
This also explains why she had nightmares and trouble coping, because it's safe to assume X3 Jean had a much easier time with said mental blocks in place.
It even kinda checks out with the first Xmen movie where she is weak as fuck, she basically moves a pencil and gets a headache afterwards.

This new Jean Grey could be really awesome if they keep her power level this way.
>>
>>70075186
You have those in reverse. Apocalypse is your typical capeshit movie.

Days of Future Past was capekino.
>>
Bump for Oscar Isaac looked actually pretty good.
His height made sense since he switch bodies around, and people were scientifically proven shorter during the Egyptian Era.
>>
I never got exactly how Apocalypses powers worked

Why was he blue? Why did he have space tech? From my understanding he had so many powers since he had been repeteadly been switching bodies with mutants, adding more and more powers (because apparently powers are stored mentally not physically)

But what did he have originally then?
>>
>>70076391
This.
>>
there was many blue ppl, this movie should have started with

>HEY LISTEN UP, HERES A STORY
>>
>>70077452
>>70077452
Because of not having any rights to the other half of the Marvel Universe, Apocalypse was half-assed. He was originally giant gray mutant who was indestructible and could shape shift his body into hard objects. Kang the Conqueror time traveled back in time to ancient Egypt where he was Kang n' shit. No really, he was Kang n shit. Apocalypse defeated Kang and took his future technology. He spent his mutant-longevity learning how it works and used it on himself. Thus, Apocalypse.

It was strange watching him in ancient egypt already garbed in his Celestial future tech body armor.
>>
>>70075186
Had good scenes but felt sloppy. Charles revelation near the end allowing him to do the mind battle with big blue seemingly came out of nowhere. Tho it was cool for the mind battle to take place in the school and Charles got a few good punches in before being overwhelmed. It was nice to see him not look like such a pussy for once. Wolverine scene was cool as well. Wolverine is always so damn cool. Quicksilver was handled well. Tho I thought it was stupid he didn't tell Magneto anything.
>>
>>70076347
>not a different between 18 and 28 year olds

are you fucking serious?
>>
>>70077452
Obviously the power of stealing powers.
Starting from that, it makes sense that he acquired so many over the centuries.
Also, his comic book origin states that he was born blue, that's why he was abandoned and started developing hatred towards mankind and the weak.
>>
>>70077686
They all should have looked older. We're supposed to believe magneto and quicksilver are father and son and that 10 years has passed since previous events? That's bullshit. They look to close any age.
>>
>>70077618
Oh, I see, cool. So the different parts his horseman moved from one body to another in the opening scene was his celestial future tech body armor?

>>70077708
Wait a minute, wasn't he sealed under the pyramid for 5000 years? How could he steal powers during that time? Also how could Moira heard of him if he was gone for 5000 years?

Also it's pretty funny how there's supposed to be much more mutants in the present than 5000 years ago yet Apocalypse egyptian horseman had WAY better powers than his present ones
>>
This movie was all over the place.

There was a literally fistfight inside a brain and it was dumb.
>>
To the contrary.

Days of Future Past was good because of the social commentary aspect it had.

Apocalypse juts went full-on avengers capeshit.
>>
>magneto kills thousands
>xavier shrugs and gets his school rebuild

i guess theyre still buddies
>>
>>70077686
Take your millenial head out of your millenial ass and realize that people looked much older in past decades.
Pic related. They look like a bunch of middle aged citizens, yet they're 18 in average.

>>70077763
Also see pic.

And no, you big dummy, I meant he stole powers from the centuries prior of the Egypt event.
Considering that people used to have an average lifespan of 50, even if he was active for 400 years, he should've stolen around 8 bodies with 8 different powers before being sealed.
>>
This movie was nowhere even close to being half as good as First Class. It was also worse than DOFP. None of the character had development.
>>
>>70077992
>people looked much older in past decades

ya wot m8

they just had hair and dress styles you associate with your parents generation
>>
Here comes the death of capeshit.

Any capeshit movie that doesn't conform to the typical MCU formula will now be deemed shit.

>not enough quips!
>tone is too dark!
>too much violence!
>too many consequences!
>villain is too menacing!

I warned you, /tv/. You didn't listen.
>>
>>70078831
That's not the reason Apocalypse or Batman V Superman was panned tough
>>
>>70078870
you forgot your evans laughing image, MCUck
>>
>>70078831
explain Deadpool
>>
>>70078891
The sequel will be panned and you know it.

Along with the new rated R Wolverine
>>
>>70078900
Apocalypse wasn't panned, it was mixed.
>>
>the two female characters are Front & Center and look amazing
>the males are all caked in makeup, faces covered, or plain JUST looks
>>
>>70076347
Dude it's been 20 years. They're all close to their 40s by now
>>
>>70078916
>thinking a 50% is "mixed"

Don't kid yourself. Movie reviews are just as bloated as video game reviews. "Mixed" starts at 70%.
>>
File: 1409186318524.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409186318524.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
>X-Men movie
>Jennifer Lawrence front and center
>She's not even in her mutant form
>I'm suppose to buy that she's the leader of the X-Men over Cyclops or Wolverine

Movie can't be Kino when they're reshaping their entire cinematic universe around her
>>
>>70075846
>I thought even McAvoy phoned it in a few scenes
Really? I thought he was the only one that tried. Fassbender basically showed up for the bit where he was in Poland with his family, the rest felt like he phoned it in.
>>
>>70078959
No they aren't.

Less than 45 is panned

50 - 60 is mixed.

70-80 is generally favorable.

80+ is generally praised.
>>
>>70079015
t. MCUck that thinks Thor 2 was good
>>
>>70078991
What is Kino?

I only come to /tv/ 10% of the time I am on 4chin and I have yet to learn the origin of this epic new meme.
>>
>>70079098
Movie that the general audience thought was shitty, but /tv/ will go full contrarian to defend
>>
>xmen apocalypse 43% RT
>BvS 27% RT
>MCV 90% RT

Conclusion: The majority of comic book movie-goers in the world are filthy casuals and are fed with so much capitalism into their brain dead skulls.

P.S. Disney is run by the jews.
>>
>>70079098

Terrible movies that /tv/ will argue as art films
>>
>>70079125
>>70079131
Alright, where did it begin and why?
>>
>>70079151
You could probably argue it was brought to the forefront by BvS and it's endless shitposting. And because of ironic shitposting that at some point stopped being ironic and actually tricked people into thinking it was real
>>
>>70078938
How old do you think McAvoy, Byrne, and Fassbender are exactly?
>>
>>70079151

Batman v. Superman started receiving terrible reception.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is absurdly popular franchise.

Therefore, /tv/ went to bat for Warner Bros. just so that they're not the other guys.

It's gotten out of hand though. At this point, I seriously believe that some people out there honestly consider BvS to be some sort of under appreciated work of genius.
>>
>>70079174
40s? I was referring to the younger cast. Havok, Beast, etc, are in their late 30s by now. First Class took place 20 years ago by their timeline
>>
>>70079130
Samefag here.
ask any marvel cuck fanboy a trivia of their beloved characters beyond the cinematic universe and see what they only know. Its depressing as fuck. Why?

>because they dont
>>
>>70079172
>>70079209
yeah, but what is k-i-n-o? Where did that phrase come from?
>>
>>70079230
German word for movies. Which in itself was somewhat of a long running joke on /tv/ of flick vs movies vs film vs kino, when they all mean the same thing
>>
File: 1461147203429.jpg (458 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
1461147203429.jpg
458 KB, 1254x1138
>>70079259
No it doesnt retard
>>
File: 1377935431788.jpg (243 KB, 728x952) Image search: [Google]
1377935431788.jpg
243 KB, 728x952
>>70079322

>Kinography
>Examples:
>Pacific Rim (2013)
>>
>>70079360
Pacific Rim is Kino you dumbass
>>
>>70079230
German word for cinema. /tv/ started using it as a go-to meme buzzword to describe only the absolute top tier of important artsy avant garde patrician film, but it's been rendered meaningless by capeshitters globbing onto it in order to feel validated in their pleb taste and now everyone here calls everything kino. And when everything is kino, nothing is.
>>
>>70075186
>"I liked it because it wasn't completely forgettable
wtf i saw this LAST NIGHT and ive already forgotten most of it it was that fucking generic
>>
>Sophie Turner's line delivery was so bad it was embarrassing
>Some of the dialogue assumed the audience was fucking retarded by stating things that you could figure out yourself easily
>Nightcrawler not being able to teleport through electricity was dumb
>Surprising amount of gore
>Magneto killed hundreds of thousands of people and this is never mentioned after the fact
>Quicksilver hogged the best parts again

The movie doesn't deserve as bad of a rating as it's getting on RT right now. It's still a good movie, just the worst of the new X movies.
>>
>>70075679
>many of the same people who loved DofP for not being a generic Marvel movie hate Apocalypse for the same thing
[citation needed]
>>
>>70082087
10 years since DoFP, which was 10 years since FC
>>
>>70076113
>>characters are 20-30 years older than DOFP
It's 10 years after DOFP you dipshit.
>>
>>70077618
>It was strange watching him in ancient egypt already garbed in his Celestial future tech body armor
Well they explained that some Pharaoh was basically an alien and that Apocalypse killed him and took his shit.
>>
File: 653463463.jpg (87 KB, 516x598) Image search: [Google]
653463463.jpg
87 KB, 516x598
>X-Men team in their prime get rekt by fucking Toad
>X-Men team as kids beat Apocalypse
>>
anyone else catch the ghostbusters easter egg? it's a part where cyke blasts a michelin man billboard diagonally making it look like the gb logo
>>
>>70078870
>Reviews literally saying "Why wasn't this funny like a Marvel movie?"
>"T-that's not the reason BvS was panned though..."
>>
>>70082972
>Someone says it's not fun
>That means it doesn't have jokes.
>It doesn't mean the movie wasn't entertaining.
>>
>>70082175
Because that team version was weak as fuck.
They didn't know better because they just trained their abilities to basically not kill anybody, not to defend themselves or protect anybody.
Remember that Magneto was their very first enemy.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 220x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 220x336
>>70075186
I thought mystique was supposed to be blue and shit, why the fuck does she just look like regular Jennifer Lawrence when shes not a copy of anyone? As far as i know Mystique is only not blue when she is a copy of somone else, did she copy JLaw at some point?
>>
>>70076113
>forced plot
Holy shit, how is this criticism? You're a fucking joke man
>>
>>70075186
Disney saw a threat to their precious franchise and they paid off critics to give bad reviews to non MCU movies. The only reason Deadpool wasn't critically panned was because they didn't see it as a threat. I expect Deadpool 2 to get similar reviews when it comes out.
>>
>>70085443
Did you not watch First Class?
She has a normal appearance which is basically her, if she wasn't a mutant.

Gosh people, seems like they really have to spell it out for you.... She was blue for most of DoFP because she was a rebel against everything, hated mankind, and deemed her non blue form a disgrace. Having to hide was her trigger so it makes sense she was mostly blue and naked.
This movie specifically states that after the events of DoFP she went into hiding, after becoming iconic for mutants of course, and found herself disappointed because she achieved nothing from her rebellious phase. Then a way for her to cope, was presenting herself to society as her regular form. She kept doing things for the mutant community but not openly.
>>
I thought Apocalypse was better than Days. But thanks for all the bashing, it keep my expectations low, making me enjoy the movie more.
>>
>>70076347
>I was a dressing
what kind?
>>
>>70085672
I hope you aren't serious. General public has no idea about Marvel x DC, about disney!Marvel x non disney!Marvel. They'll see the super heroes, or see the Marvel logo in the beginning and assume it's from the same shit
>>
>>70075307
Christ, you're a fucking moron. Yea of course its because people are simply blinded by Marvel movies. It has nothing to fucking do with the movie being a piece of shit. Step out of your /tv/ hugbox for one second you god damn idiot.
>>
File: 1464313632789.jpg (565 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1464313632789.jpg
565 KB, 2000x1333
Soundtrack was glorious

https://youtu.be/wqVCFsnNjFQ
>>
>>70086352
Can't wait to see it again desu.
>>
File: Jubilee_EW.jpg (63 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee_EW.jpg
63 KB, 640x478
Why cast Jubilee and give her a comic accurate costume only to have her do jack shit?
>>
>>70087718
Nobody likes jubilee

fuck off
>>
>>70087718

>only to have her do jack shit?

Just like in the comics!
>>
>>70087718
I heard she did stuff in the unseen mall scenes.
Maybe we'll see those in the director's cut.
Also, keep in mind this was just a stepping stone for the new cast. An introduction. If that rumored 90s themed movie does happen, I expect Jubilee and the rest to kick all sorts of ass.
>>
Better than BvS worse than Civil War.

idk... the X movies always felt so small in scale compared to the MCU movies. Wish they were bigger.
>>
>>70087718
Because her purpose - fun 80's fashion, normal teen shopping - scene was cut. Mall cut when.
>>
>>70075307
>Apocalypse
>Good movie

Ah ha. Ah ha ha ha ha ha.
>>
>>70088400
U wot m8?
>>
>>70075186
>the hate on X:A

Probably because Wolverine isnt in it
>>
>>70090017
>Probably because Wolverine isnt in it

hue
>>
>>70090017
I don't think it's hate, just plenty misinformation.
It also doesn't help that, as many have said, most critics/normies are so used to the MCU that they deem anything that deviates from it "a clusterfuck", "edgy", "too serious" etc etc.
>>
>>70075186
What the fuck happened to beast? He looked decent in first class
>>
>>70077992
>average life span
It was actually a lot longer than that IF (that's a big one), IF you made it out of childhood.
>>
File: Kino meme.jpg (250 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
Kino meme.jpg
250 KB, 1254x1138
>>70079360
That's an eric edit shoop PacRim is kinography though.
Here's the original. There's another shoop with BvS floating around.
>>
I fucking love Apocalypse this is the best X-Men movie yet.

X-Men > Civil War > Deadpool > whatever is the shittiest non cape movie to come out this year > BvS
>>
>>70093051
I know, right?
>inb4 samefagging
No. It's not.
>>
File: paska vittu.jpg (16 KB, 582x632) Image search: [Google]
paska vittu.jpg
16 KB, 582x632
>>70078991
>movie doesn't cater to fan's needs
>get's deemed shit
This is why we get shit. We deserve nothing new.
>>
>>70075186
Why did they go back to all wearing similar boring armor?
>>
Apocalypse was trash, are you being fucking serious right now?
>>
File: Dawn of JUST.jpg (56 KB, 414x438) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of JUST.jpg
56 KB, 414x438
>>70075186
Maybe, just maybe, DoFP was good and Apocalypse was bad.

Source: I've seen both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14JojQfFg5E

Look at this shit and tell me this is good acting or well crafted dialogue.
>>
>>70094605

the armor is flight suits taken from the Weapon X lab they are sent to, at the end of the movie they get proper individual outfits. Sadly they look like shit compared to NTW's uniform from Deadpool
>>
I just saw it, I definitely think Psylocke and Storm are rule34 material. Hot faps will be had, thanks Singer.

Apart from them, the Emo kid and Raven were trash tier. Apocalypse was pretty shitty too.

Magneto and his child, QS saved the movie though. I still think James McAvoy was perfectly cast in his role as Prof. X, but what took me by surprise was the Phoenix reveal at the end. I actually found Sansa pretty fappable in her last shot, her hair should be exposed and wild, looked much much better.

Personally though, I just want a spin-off where QS dates Storm and Magneto bones Psylocke. Greatest story never told.
>>
>>70094553

jävla finne
>>
>>70094553
haha what a cute face
>>
File: JUST.webm (3 MB, 624x272) Image search: [Google]
JUST.webm
3 MB, 624x272
We retconned X-3 for this?
>>
>>70075186
"X-Men Apocalypse is capekino" Fox-Paid Anonymous. Sorry.
>>
>>70075186
Isn't Nightcrawler suppose to be Mystique's kid?
I don't watch the films and havn't read a comic book in over a decade, but I do know that Jennifer Lawrence plays the character Mystique.
How do they explain this in the film?

This literally looks like a x-men teen movie
>>
>>70094699
>watching things in shit quality
>blaming the movie for being underwhelmed
>>
So what do they do know?

Psylocke vanished at the end, but who's going to be able to combat the new Aven-X-Men with fully powered Jean Grey? They'll have to go into ETs, right? I don't see how the next movie will come together unless Psylocke finds some ultra badass X-men
>>
>>70094632

Jesus, that's awful.
>>
>>70094867
they don't, nightcrawler is literally the worst character. emo^10, even with the 90s hairstyle.

i dont even know if JLaw will be back for another movie, but they end it with her character being still super important. they could've literally left emo kid out and the movie would've beeen BETTER
>>
>>70094914
Jean is still young. She tapped into the upper threshold of her power under extreme circumstances. Normally she won't be that strong. At least not in the next movie I'm guessing.
>>
but guys, dat slut outfit jennifer lawrence wears in the beginning.. uhh was i the only one who just wanted her to get a good German multi-culti dicking?
>>
>>70075186
Apocalypse's biggest problem was that it was too much like the MCU films with shitty quips, 1 dimensional motivations, and a "hurrr durr let's destroy the world" villain.
>>
>>70094867

they never bring it up in the original trilogy either, it's pretty much handwaved away that they're not related, same way that Havok is the older brother to Scott, that and Scott's inability to control his blasts is just inexperience, not hitting his head on debris saving them from a plane crash
>>
>>70075679
source it.
>>
>>70095111
>Apocalypse's biggest problem was that it was too much like the MCU films with shitty quips, 1 dimensional motivations, and a "hurrr durr let's destroy the world" villain.

So every X-Men movie since 1?
>>
>it's a hurrr Marvel ruined a movie thread

you guys are pathetic lmao
>>
All the capeshit movies are throwaway trash.
>>
>>70079219
>20 years
FC was late 60s
Apocalypse was early 80s
>>
>>70085443
Jennifer is a big star now, and she refused to wear the blue make-up. Even for the few scenes she's actually using it, it's just the face, and it's badly done.
>>
>>70094955
>>70095138
Strange man
I'm just going to assume none of these films are canon
>>
>>70075879
potomac brah?
>>
Why was Quicksilver so slow fighting Apocalypse? Quicksilver should have been able to land dozens of blows in the blink of an eye. Hell he could have just pushed shrapnel into his body, and considering the speed that he moves it would have been like cannon shot.
>>
>>70075186
>marvel shitposting reaches new heights
Stay classy /tv/
>>
>tfw they finally got rid of halle berry but now we have to stand jlaw instead

Fucking hell.
>>
>>70095365
he's too OP, but obviously that's countered by a gothic, narcissistic and broken character. something marvel movies aren't well known for, see scarlet witch
>>
>>70094632
Mystic scenes, except the one of her saving Kurt, were bad. But I enjoyed the movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh6xs8GNFU8
>>
>>70095468
was this logan from the future? how does any of this make sense continuity wise with X1 + X2
>>
>>70095180
X-Men movies are the only capeshit with real goddamn villains who have proper motivations. I love how half of them don't even have powers, but are threats through politics and public perception.
>>
>>70094699
That scene was awesome.
>>
J-Law almost ruined this movie.

The movies are GAY Jew Hollywood
>>
>>70095511

At the end of DOFP Stryker (or mystique, what the fuck) takes Wolverine away to be experimented on for the Weapon X project, at the time in the 70s he had bone claws, here he's undergone the process to get the adamantium put in which is before any events in X1 and 2
>>
>>70075763
>Apocalypse still looks and sounds ridiculous
The make-up looks bad, but Oscar delivered a powerful performance, he behaves and acts like a real villain.
>>
>>70076113
>Psylocke is terrible
You fucking take that back, she had like 4 lines and 5 minutes overall, but she was good, way better than expected. I wouldn't mind if they had cut Angel and Mystique time to add more Psylocke and Storm.
>>
>>70095905
storm was great, real cutie actress too. hope she gets it interracially on with QS. angel and raven were definitely bad, but i agree they should've given psylocke more screentime.
>>
So next movie is Mr. Sinister and Psylocke? Sounds good to me, hopefully they'll keep him as a longer lasting villain, that's something Marvel has learned and X-Men movies lack - continuity and a "bigger game".
>>
File: hHNlYkG.gif (215 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
hHNlYkG.gif
215 KB, 500x279
>>70078831

Exactly.

>dark
>violence
>consequences
>menacing villain

All the reasons no one liked The Dark Knight, right? Oh ... wait. No, I was mistaken. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>70096080
>continuity in X-Men movies
We are talking about the guys who send the Wolverine into program Weapon X, 3 different times, and we had 3 Strykers as well.
>>
>>70095111
>"hurrr durr let's destroy the world" villain.
This literally hasn't been the case since X2 and even that is debatable.
>>
File: Snyderfags Excuses.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags Excuses.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>70078831
Fuck off already
>>
>>70075186
Going by the poster alone this movie looks terrible. Guess I'll find out for sure in 3 hours.
>>
>>70096160
>>dark
>>violence
>>consequences
>>menacing villain
This works when the hero/superhero is a normal "human bean", and there are not "Superpowered freaks" in their universe. Batman, Punisher... etc. In a world with superhumans like MCU, DCU or XMU, you can not use violence as a form of threat because some guy could come and will make you explode in little chunks. And consequences must be very different, because there are also large, world/universe threatening villains.
>>
>>70075186
It was ruined by the terrible teenager cast
>>
>>70096160
>TDK
>July 2008
>Iron Man
>May 2008
Back then capeshit formula is not as nuanced as now.
>>
>>70096473
You are awfully fucking new and retarded if you base shit off posters.

X-Men First Class had dogshit posters and it turned out well, retard. /tv/ had a shitstorm with photoshopping those FC posters 5 years ago.

I bet you fucking weren't even here then, like 90% of this board.
>>
>>70096586
>It was ruined by the terrible teenager cast
Not really, JLaw is the worst, with Beast guy going second. Most teenagers were pretty cool, Storm and Twinkcrawler were amazing, Jean was better than I expected, Cyke and Jubilee were meh (But to be fair they had almost no screentime)
>>
File: dcuck.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
dcuck.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>70096462

b- but muh excuses!
>>
File: X-Men-First-Class-poster-1.jpg (28 KB, 480x710) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-First-Class-poster-1.jpg
28 KB, 480x710
>>70096685
>X-Men First Class had dogshit posters and it turned out well, retard. /tv/ had a shitstorm with photoshopping those FC posters 5 years ago.
I can't believe someone paid for this, and someone approved this.
>>
>>70096420
It's never been the case in X-Men until now, it's a bullshit MCU crutch, that's my problem.
>>
I liked First Class and DoFP
I don't mind Jennifer Lawrence but only when she's a supporting actress

Will I like this? Deciding between this and Gosling's new movie for tonight
>>
>>70097324
Watch Goose
>>
>>70097324
I'd say is a bit worse than both, but still better than all previous ones (Except X2). JLaw basically becomes the main character at some point (And ironically she and Archangel are the worst of the movie}

It's a nice end part for a trilogy, and a good set-up for the next trilogy/sequel.
>>
>>70097355
>>70097525
Goose it is. I'll watch Apocalypse at matinee or $5 Tuesday
>>
>>70085821
During the first half of the movie I thought it was better in every way, but closer to the end it had some noticeable pacing issues and some of their ideas were just fucking out there. Still, loved it.
>>
Is Nightcrawler still Mystiques son?
>>
Do mutants ever have human children or is it a 100% guaranteed mutant offspring rate
>>
>>70097713

He was never Mystique's son in the movies, or at least it's never brought up at all.
>>
>>70097768

Sabertooth had a human kid with Mystique, who later creates the hate group Friends of Humanity.
>>
>>70097768
One of the original X-Men (maybe X3?)gave the ice guy a normal brother iirc
>>
>>70075498
Pretty much this
More twink-mode teen casting, Sansa Stark-Jean Grey, underutilized new characters, Mudslime Storm (dafuq), rushing shit with zero buildup Phoenix right out of the gate, consequence-free genocide cough, Magneto

Seem's like Singer is just going through the motions at this point
>>
Faraci Savage af
>>
>>70097880
ice guy's dad wasn't a mutant though.
>>
>>70097986
The only thing savage about that man is the fucking that his bull gives his girlfriend.
>>
>>70097888

>Mudslime Storm

how is this a critique of anything?
>>
>>70097888
Cracks me up how through the entire movie all the young mutants keep making comments to Mystique about what a hero, role model, etc she is...

Christ, I'm fucking tired of her being shoehorned in as not only a good guy, but the main character.

>inb4 "She didnt have much screentime guyz!"
True, but as of the end of this movie she's literally in Cyclops' role as lead under Xavier
>>
>>70098086
That's because Cyclops is like 16, Quicksilver has been NEET for over a decade, and Hank is too busy being useful.
>>
>>70098060
>Storm
>Literally an African priestess from Kenya's jungle
>Now a Middle Eastern street-urchin
Gee I wonder...
>>
>>70098126
>and Hank is too busy being useful.

Should've built better blast doors
>>
>>70098185
Uh no, her backstory was always a Cairo street-urchin.
>>
>>70076113
>>characters are 20-30 years older than DOFP but haven't aged
they literally said in the movie it's been 10 years since DOFP
>>
>>70098185

This a troll? Go read her origin, she was originally from America who lost her parents during a trip to Africa at an early age and had to become a thief to survive.
>>
>>70096869
Beast was harmless, and a cute.

If anything, Havok was the weakling.
>>
>>70097880
>>70098009
Humans have low chances of having mutant kids. However all mutants have mutant kids. This is in the comics, but basicaly the same for the movies.
>>
This shit looks so fucking gay its not even funny. I bet even the porn parody will have better production values
>>
>>70079368
It wasnt even shot well
>>
>>70077789
>Wait a minute, wasn't he sealed under the pyramid for 5000 years? How could he steal powers during that time? Also how could Moira heard of him if he was gone for 5000 years?
He had all those powers before he was sealed, he literally had just been sealed during the acquiring of a new power, super healing, which made him live longer, as one of the horsmen also said in the intro.

And Moira knew about him because she was observing those fanatics for a while, that were trying to find Apocalypse
>>
>>70079368
>Calls it Pacific Rim
>not ONE Pacific Islander rimmed
intoletrash.trashmang
>>
>>70095416

New Storm was qt as fuck tho
>>
>>70078991
>Wolverine
>leader of the x-men
Wolverine is no leader. Scott is the leader and Storm is second in command in the comics.
>>
New Scott, Jean and Storm are better. That already is a good indication for the future, if Fox doesn't fuck things.

They need a decent Rogue now
>>
>>70095365
He was basically showboating. And got his shit slapped for doing so.
>>
>>70098185
That is literally her real back story, moron. Storm was indeed a street rat/crook in Ciro before she ran into Shadow King, who used her for her powers.
>>
Why was fast guy dressed same as was in ten years ago?
>>
>>70099586

Fast runner, slow fashion sense.
>>
>>70075186
Young Magneto and Prof X were literally what made First Class interesting. The less we got of them, the more people generally disliked the film. It's now the Jennifer Lawrence Show and nobody gives a fuck about that.
>>
>>70099586
He is a loser that lives in his mom's basement.
>>
>>70099710
I bet all the NEET here dress the same as they did when they went in
>>
>>70099710
Not anymore. Nigga an X-Men now, slamming on that jailb8 minge.
>>
>>70094699
This was great in IMAX 3D
>>
>Apocalypse wrecks everyone's shit non-stop for the whole movie
>Then, all of a sudden: "Jean, do your thing!"
>Jean fries him easily

Why the fuck didn't they just unleash Jean in the first place. This film was utter, utter trash, and I'm just mad at myself for expecting it to be decent.
>>
>>70099362
Not really. You don't need even more characters to be main characters when those 3, plus Nightcrawler have enough possibilities for 2 movies.
>>
File: 1224619615812.jpg (871 KB, 700x2252) Image search: [Google]
1224619615812.jpg
871 KB, 700x2252
>>70095365
Speedsters are OP as fuck and always need to be toned down. Pic related.
>>
>>70099995
Because he was teaching Jean how to control her powers, and by urging her to unleash her powers disregarding the consequences he'd put all them in danger, but it must be done because she safety of the world > 3 people
>>
Does anyone have the pic of jlaw being choked with the "ACTING" caption?
>>
>>70077842
>THEY SHOULD EMBRACE THE COMIC BOOKS, FOX ARE TOO ASHAMED OF THE SOURCES!!!
>We finally get a super heroic comic book villain, fights and some light comedy
>hurrdurr why it became so childish and stupid?

Because comic books are childish and stupid!
>>
>>70078991
She is barely in the movie. She is in the poster to attract the normies...and the shitposters.
>>
>>70100877
>She is barely in the movie
So you haven't seen it
>>
>>70100877
lol she is almost in it from start to finish
>>
>>70100835
Thank god for directors like Singer and Snyder who ban them from set, true visionaries who care to bring kino to cape
>>
>>70100877
Her role wasn't substancial, but her presence, her half arsed acting and ~the hero shit were annoying. They should have let her die fighting in the end
>>
>>70087793
Uh...uh...I liked Jubilee...
>>
So is there a reasonable explanation how Beast's appearance is different in this than it was in FC and DOFP? Is this like their way of transitioning him into Frasier Beast?
>>
Worse than X3 tbqhf
>>
>>70103558
Nah, bruh. Nothing can top that in pure shitiness.
>>
>>70075186
just saw this movie.

it's honestly a 9/10, I really enjoyed it.
>>
Why did Xavier tried to kill the mutants in the last scene? did he fear their powers and realized the world would be safer without them? I really wasn't expecting that.
>>
This film was awesome. Loved the scenes with Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler. Awesome 80s aesthetic. Also the quicksilver scene was GOAT. I like how Apocalypse and his four horseman were brooding around too. They looked really cool. This film was well shot. It felt cinematic unlike Civil War. Bryan Singer is consistent and knows how to make a good movie.
>>
>>70103722
I think they were foreshadowing that Apocalypse did take over his body in the end. 3deep5me lol
>>
>>70103722
He was preparing them for training to test and improve their abilities.
>>
You guys just didn't understand the movie
>>
>>70103962
What? no way lel. Those robots were huge and could easily smash most of the mutants. That's reckless child endangerment at best. Who authorized this curriculum?
>>
>>70078831
>tone is too dark!
>too much violence!
Wait, wasn't that Civil War third act?
I think it's just fatigue, people doesn't have time to waste their money on every capeshit that Hollywood pukes.
>>
>>70103722
Are you new to X-men? That's the new training facility that was built to help them hone their skills. It's known to be pretty dangerous, and lethal if you're not on your game. Charles will stop it before it gets that far though.
>>
>>70104063
Xavier doesn't take his mutant child care lightly. Dad of the year 2k16
>>
>>70104208
>doesn't take his mutant child care lightly
>literally leads new teenage students to fight an omnicidal demigod

Who let this guy be responsible for kids
>>
>another movie panned because it wasn't mcu garbage
it was easily a 8.5/10

much better than civil war and winter soldier
>>
>>70104380
shitty b8 m8
the movie was garbage
>>
>>70104082
>pukes

Capeshit is the last thing Hollywood is putting effort into.
>>
>>70104463
Except female led comedies if you catch my scrizz
>>
>>70104463
>the last thing Hollywood is putting effort into
Don't you mean finding roles for non-traditionally massed females?
>>
You guys are such unhappy little cunts, I can't even.
Basically one of every three posts is to complain about Jennifer Lawrence. You're too stupid to take your hatred-reddit-googles for a second and enjoy a perfectly fine fun movie.

Such sad lives your must lead, to focus all your energy bashing someone who literally doesn't know you exist.
I never minded her potato body or the weird mole she has on her cheek. I was there to see mutants and there's plenty of that.
>>
I feel like critics messed up the scores for BvS, X-Men, and CW. CW should have XA's score, XA BvS's, and BvS CW's.
>>
>>70106130
>I was there to see mutants and there's plenty of that

I was there to see a good movie and there was none of that.
>>
File: 1463703916634.jpg (19 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
1463703916634.jpg
19 KB, 550x397
>>70106130
>lol just turn your brain off brah
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.