[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me a good sci-fi series to get into please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: pilot_suit_by_adrian_w-d6bx7pr.jpg (280 KB, 700x1180) Image search: [Google]
pilot_suit_by_adrian_w-d6bx7pr.jpg
280 KB, 700x1180
Give me a good sci-fi series to get into please.
>>
>>70071951
What have you seen and what did you like?
>>
read a fucking book
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 1600x600
Farscape
>>
stargate
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 640x271) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 640x271
>>70071951
The X-Men franchise

Watch:

X-Men
X2: X-Men United

SKIP
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Watch:
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine (2013)
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Deadpool
X-Men: Apocalypse

The X-Men films are barely Capeshit, they're basically Science-Fiction films.
>>
>>70075848

they are unequivocally capeshit in tone, theme, and plot

some of them are still ok

X2 is the anomaly, it is extremely good and i have no idea how it ended up being so good

easily top 3 capeshit films, contender for number 1
>>
Sci-fi in television and movies is almost universally shit save for a few shining gems in the dark waters of mediocrity.

You'd do better to find Sci-fi /lit/
>>
>>70071951
Stargate
>>
File: latest.jpg (94 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
94 KB, 1024x1365
>>70076119
this. Sg1 then Atlantis.
>>
File: 2003-09-teryl-01[1].jpg (56 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2003-09-teryl-01[1].jpg
56 KB, 480x640
>>70076148
always prefered the doctor my self
>>
>>70075541
second
>>
File: Farscape.S03E21-2.webm (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Farscape.S03E21-2.webm
2 MB, 512x384
>>70075541
this
>>
Falling skies

One of the few shows to not go full retard as well over the course of its run
>>
>>70077068

Talon was too pure
>>
File: DYNAMO ep5 ([Full HD]).mp4.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DYNAMO ep5 ([Full HD]).mp4.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
Dynamo
karamapirates.com
>>
>>70077101
Are you being serious?

He kills the queen alien with a giant dildo gernade
>>
Battlestar Galactica.
>>
Firefly
>>
>>700770
I'm recycling the feels from this episode. Fuck...
>>
>>70077156
"I Surrender! You can interrogate me... I have nothing to hide... I'm just lonely."
>>
Stargate.

10 Seasons.

Decent story arcs.

Some pretty good episodes.

Hot Doctor.

Cant go wrong mate.
>>
>>70071951

Babylon 5
>>
read books instead:
revelation space saga
quantum thief trilogy
old man's war
golden age trilogy
altered carbon trilogy
blindsight and echopraxia
>>
>>70080305
This brings a tear to my eye...

I used to be an avid reader from age 6-7.

I read every asterix comic, every tintin comic, but also many many novels, Morris Gleitzman, Paul Jennings, The little vampire seris, the Redwall series, Rona the robbers daughter, throwaways, Stig of the dump, Laura ingalls wilder series just to name a few. I would borrow 10 books a week from the library and finish pretty much all of them, return get another 10 and go again.

Around age 16 I started on the Left Behind series, and got through about 7 of them, when I started to have trouble focussing. I slowed my pace got into war hammer, computers more and going out at night to look for girls (cue creepy jokes but you know what I mean)

Slowly I started to lose my ability to become absorbed in a book, where I used to almost be playing the story like amovie in my head as I read, I found more and more I just couldnt anymore, found it harder and harder to get into the story and eventually I just have up.

I havent read a book in about 13-14 years now.

I wish so badly I could go back the when I was a kid, laying in bed reading and being so absorbed in it....

Them feels.
>>
>>70080478
You can go back. I was just like you didn't read much or anything from age 16 to 23, then got gifted a kindle and loaded up some books that were source material to a pen&paper rpg i was playing, Now I read roughly 1 book per two weeks.

If you are into scifi I'd suggest giving altered carbon a try, it's what got me back into reading. Hard boiled cyberpunk detective story, theres also an audiobook
>>
>>70080702
I got a strong feeling it was the weed too, its interesting I tried to read stoned a few times, but it was even harder to concentrate..

I really should give it a go.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>Good
>Sci-Fi
Check out this nerd.
>>
>>70077068
>Talyn, Starburst.
Tears every time.
>>
>>70071951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwZ-Q6MSCI
>>
>>70071951
pick from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holocaust_films
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.