[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A japanese man playing Edward Elric is this a joke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12
File: ed elric.png (273 KB, 495x451) Image search: [Google]
ed elric.png
273 KB, 495x451
>A japanese man playing Edward Elric

is this a joke
>>
It'll be shit, senpai.
>>
>Japanese film
>wont have white people

What the hell did they expect?
>>
>>70071042
It's a good thing. I want the west as far away as possible from Japanese IPs. I don't want anime to become the next capeshit.
>>
>>70071042
>Setting is some sort of Europe analog
Sure, I mean Europe isn't white these days anyway.
>>
>>70071042
>Character name: Edward Elric
>Fantasy European setting, most likely British
>whitewashing
This shit is a joke at this point.
>>
File: speed3qb2.7575.jpg (50 KB, 720x308) Image search: [Google]
speed3qb2.7575.jpg
50 KB, 720x308
>>70071097
Already has.
>>
>Japanese production
>coming out only in Japan
>will be in Japanese
>SJW publications act like they're taking a major stand by casting only Japanese actors because they're still so fucking butthurt about GitS

When will the tech bubble pop so that all these fucking "new media companies" like Vox, Gawker, and Vice can go down the shitter?
>>
>>70071042
>Hollywood whitewashing won't be an issue for Full Metal Alchemist
Well, since it's not a Hollywood movie I don't see how that's surprising
>>
>>70071303
Hulk Hogan is close to killing Gawker
>>
>>70071303
Didn't Hulk Hogan singlehandedly demolished Gawker or was that a different clickbait site?
>>
>>70071167
>most likely British

have you ever watched the fucking show

the king of the country is called the fuhrer
>>
>watching live action anime
outside of Speed Racer and Live Die Repeat and can't think of a single live-action anime adaptation worth seeing.
>>
>>70071042

WHITEWASHING ALREADY HAS A FUCKING DEFINITION

GET YOUR OWN WORD YOU ILLITERATE KEKS

WHY WHY WHY WHY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewashing_(censorship)
>>
But Edward and most of the characters from his country were actually white in the universe.
>>
Ironic, this is one of the only manga adaptations that should have white cast, since the country Ed and Al are from is clearly based on germany.
>>
>>70071096
>What the hell did they expect?

The Last Alchemist

STARRING:
Elric Edward - Tom Cruise
Everyone else - some chinks
>>
>>70071494
That's the funny thing about all this, these same news site were trashing GitS because "A japanese android called Motoko Kusanagi is played by a white woman? WTF?", but a Jap playing a blonde dude with hazel eyes named Edward is fine.
>>
>>70071097
This. Western retarded pop culture brainless meme writing with zero creativity would ruin anime for me tbqh
>>
>>70071096
this so much

it's been a while now but with this headline i'm convinced people stopped thinking a while ago, instant emotion is much more fun. you can be instantly angry at some mysogyvirgin that hates women, instantly happy that a new disney empire 2 hours ad is gonna come out, instantly upset by RACISM, why bother thinking beyond that when reacting instantaneously is so easy and gratifying?
>>
>>70071354
We have to wait a little longer before the collapse. Hogan just won the appeal.
>>
>>70071096
What is Avalon
>>
>Making a character who is white white is whitewashing.

Actual asians exist in the FMA setting and Ed is not one of them.
>>
>>70071127
It's literally Germany in the late 19th-early 20th century.
>>
File: 1237341.jpg (31 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1237341.jpg
31 KB, 400x299
> WE'RE ONLY CASTING ASIAN PEOPLE GUYS!
> Doesn't the story take place on a loosely on Europe?
> Also, isn't a 100% Asian cast incredibly raciest?
> ...

Retards. I hat how people "report" this shit with out questioning or looking into anything. It's like most news outlets sole purpose is to regurgitate press releases.
>>
File: Scar.(FMA).full.1051744.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1354) Image search: [Google]
Scar.(FMA).full.1051744.jpg
152 KB, 1280x1354
>this man is going to be played by a Japanese man
>>
It's not because of some agenda, as much as some people would like to believe.

It's just because it's developed in Japan and has hardly any access to white actors. I mean are you going to have a Japanese located based film gather every gaijin they have and cast them as extras?
>>
Japanese make live action anime all the time. This just has the hollywood budget.
it will suck, not because of whitewashing or whether they got the source material right. it will suck because anime sucks. :^)
>>
File: father__s_true_form_by_liquiduz.png (422 KB, 502x527) Image search: [Google]
father__s_true_form_by_liquiduz.png
422 KB, 502x527
How will they do this in live action.
>>
>>70071354
Hogan got help from that one guy from PayPal, so more credit should go to him.
>>
>>70071042
Another Japanese live-action anime production.

This should have NO RELEVANCE to Americans. Especially news sites. Well, all news sources apart from Turbo Weeb Weekly
>>
>>70071926
Just a little makeup
>>
>>70071846
True

I actually expect it to surprise me. Maybe the atmosphere will be different. Maybe it will be kino.
>>
>>70071926
A Black person, obviously.
>>
This doesn't bother me

It's a Japanese IP being made by Japanese people for Japanese audiences, you can't expect them to find a white actor for Edward, let alone pretty much the entire cast.

What WOULD piss me off is if this was picked up by a Western producer and they still decided to cast an Asian
>>
>>70071042
isn't the setting literally german
>>
>>70072004
The funny thing is, it's hardly relevant in the weebiest of places. Just like "Oh, that's a thing coming out I guess."
>>
>>70073408
This is a pretty fair way of looking at it. Provided that it wasn't made with western audiences in mind like some/a lot of anime is.

I mean, it still feels a little weird. I mean, it basically IS about white people.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 283x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 283x400
>>70071511
>this is one of the only manga adaptations that should have white cast, since the country Ed and Al are from is clearly based on germany.

Hardly the only one
>>
>>70071042
>no whitewashing
>despite 90% of the characters being white in the manga/anime they'll now all be played by emotionless robotic ching chongs like they did with SnK.

Of all the series that would make sense to be filled with white people it was this one.
>>
>>70071042
japanese fans complained as well
he isn't of a race that exists in the real world, they have 2 unreal human ethnicities
though he is clearly white, as are the majority of the ethnicities. should have been filmed in europe with some Moroccans or basque to fill out the shimbalans
>>
>>70073526
Attack on Titan isn't based on Germany though.
>>
>>70071042
The irony is just too much senpai. It's like the yellow tiding the Japs did with Attack on Titan movie. Mikasa is the only living Jap around and that's kind of what makes her unique(minus being retardly OP).
I think hollywood has finally gone full retard.
>>
>>70071846
>I mean are you going to have a Japanese located based film gather every gaijin they have and cast them as extras?

You mean the same way 13% of America's population demand more than 13% representation in American movies and tv?
>>
>>70073577
>all those white looking folks with germanic names
>they're all ching chong nipponese

lel.

Wasn't it pointed out serveral times in the manga that Mikasa is asian though?
>>
>>70071303
>He doesn't know about Hogan legdropped Gawker
>He doesn't know about James AVGN Rolfe uncucking himself

There winds of change are coming.
>>
>>70071606
One country is multi culture while the other is not? Nip film isn't usually released world wide.
>>
>>70071097
>I don't want anime to become the next capeshit.
The machines are self aware yet there be this nigga
>>
>>70071606
They want less white people in movies, the difference is you can complain about whites x2 if they're men
>>
>Ishq Junoon, a new Bollywood is coming out in a few days and will have an entirely South Asian cast (even less frequently seen in starring roles than East Asians).
>Take THAT Hollywood!
>>
>>70071042
>Live action adaption of a Japanese series being produced in Japan, catering to a Japanese audience, and probably not even leaving Japan (maybe outside of a small release like SnK) has Japanese actors.
Who would have fucking guessed?

It would make no sense for them to go out of their way to spend the money to hire foreign actors who also speak Japanese when they can just get some native actors, especially since they probably have shit-all for budget like the rest of these productions.

It's stupid that people try to spin this to fit their agenda when this is literally how they always make their movies. Not even the weebest weebs care about these adaptions, assuming they stay in Japan.
>>
>>70071167
>most likely British
lol
>>
There are tons of live action anime adaptations made in Japan. They're all pretty shit because they all
1. Limit themselves to Japanese actors and Directors
2. Have a very tight budget
3. Are an obvious cashgrab
4. Are very rushed

The most recent anime adaptation I watched was Attack on Titan, spoilers it was shit

But whatever, that article is just clickbait made for retards due to the recent GITS controversy.
>>
>>70071609
>retarded writing ruins anime
Well yes.. ut its allready ruined.
All animes have the same stupid overacting and stupid lovedrama and some kid trying to overcome a hard task.
>>
>>70073991
I didn't think the Death Note movie was that bad
>>
I get wanting to point out SJW hypocritical bullshit.

I don't get why people care about their race. All Jap movies predominantly star Jap actors, even if the characters are meant to be white or black or whatever. Do you think they cared about ScarJo? Fuck no, no Jap cared.

>>70073664
The Asian people were pointed out in the manga.
>>
>>70073526
>>70071511
At least half the manga in existence has white characters. Not so much niggers, spics, and muslims. America should learn from Japan on that.
>>
>>70074082
Then your taste in life is horrible and you should check yourself.
>>
>>70071879
This has an actual budget? Who the fuck gave money to a nip anime adaptation? Is Alchemist THAT popular?
>>
>>70074082
I haven't seen that one. But I've heard good things about it. Would you reccomend?
>>
>>70074085
What did the nips think of edge of tomorrow?
>>
>>70074206
No.
Read the manga/ watch the anime if you want to learn about Death Note.
If you have allready done this then you will hate the liveaction adaptation. It feels rushed and its like a summary of the bigger story. The cgi is cringeworthy too..
>>
>>70074285
It's so loosely adapted it's barely recognisable so I'm not sure really matters
>>
>>70074206
Naw. The only good thing people say about it is that it had the best ending compared to the anime or manga.
>>
>>70071042
No chinese cartoon is worth watching
>>
North Korea is the nation with superior animation.
>>
>>70072004

I think Americans are confused because it's labelled as a Warner Bros production. Clickbait sites wouldn't get what they want if they didn't truncate important details such as this being a production of Warner Bros JAPAN.
>>
>>70073577

It is, they all have German/European names. Even the one Japanese girl has a European name.
>>
File: 81Gdoh+BijL._SL1295_.jpg (288 KB, 979x1295) Image search: [Google]
81Gdoh+BijL._SL1295_.jpg
288 KB, 979x1295
the press is just getting confused. Japanese live action productions of anime/manga do this all the time
>>
>>70074663
superior everything
>>
>>70073577
>Yeager
>Arlert
>Braun
>Leonhardt
>Kiershtein
>Springer
>Braus
Tell me you're fucking joking. Even if it doesn't take place in Germany, it is explicitly stated that everyone is white besides Mikasa who is explicitly half-Asian, which is rare because Asians have superpowers because nip pride. That's actually more confirmation of whiteness than FMA has.
>>
>>70074742
it's because this one is associated with a western distributor.

but yeah it'll be shown in all of 5 theaters in the US
>>
File: 1405987023594.jpg (51 KB, 700x519) Image search: [Google]
1405987023594.jpg
51 KB, 700x519
>>70071097
This desu famalams
>>
>>70071042
Why is this even news? Japan always does all jap movies. Attack on Titan was 100 percent japan.
>>
>>70071167
Opposite of Britain, my man.

Sieg heil the Fuhrer.
>>
>>70075756
Hello there, hacker known as fourchan!
>>
>>70073577
>pretty much everyone is white
>everyone has a german last name
>they make a big deal out of someone being asian
>>
File: image_2.jpg (50 KB, 640x610) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
50 KB, 640x610
>>70075756
>Someone actually took their time to go in to multiple threads and (you) every post

Fucking reddit fags with autism
>>
>>70075943
Its probably a userscript
>>
>>70075995
Id weigh in on the autism side
>>
File: 18j0stawjronlpng.png (485 KB, 596x599) Image search: [Google]
18j0stawjronlpng.png
485 KB, 596x599
>>70071042
honorary Aryans
>>
File: winter2016-v1-3col.jpg (2 MB, 1250x3425) Image search: [Google]
winter2016-v1-3col.jpg
2 MB, 1250x3425
>>70071097
>I don't want anime to become the next capeshit.

it already has
>>
>>70073577
>>70073526
Attack on Titan literally states Mikasa is the only Asian.
>>
>>70071097
Have you seen the live action AoT? It's pure garbage.
I can't think of a single anime adaptation to live screen that was watchable. The only thing close to it is Edge of Tomorrow and that wasn't even anime.
>>
It's a Japanese comic, made into a Japanese cartoon, now made into a live action Japanese movie for Japanese people in Japan. They're not going to get a bunch of white people to be in a Japanese movie.
>>
>>70075756
LOOK GUYS HE POSTED IT
>>
>>70076541
>those plots
what the fuck, did none of them go to school?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.