[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf I hate white people now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 486x720
Wtf I hate white people now
>>
me too, buddy, me too
>>
I'm curious as a black person living in a part of the country where I almost never encounter other people of my race but also don't experience anything I'd remotely call racism, does this movie have anything to say to me? I hear about this stuff and I end up putting it in the same mental category I do human rights issues in China: ultimately sad, but it's just not something I personally see that effects my day to day. Honestly the only racism I think I ever see is from trolls on here.
>>
File: Dear White People.png (804 KB, 959x539) Image search: [Google]
Dear White People.png
804 KB, 959x539
>>70070926
You sound like you would identify with this character.
>>
>>70071210
Dunno- I've never seen it. I kinda got turned off by the title and the trailer. Based on the picture though I will say whenever the subject of black people growing up in white suburban communities ever comes up in Hollywood once every 10,000 years people like me always get portrayed as either evil and conspiring against the ultimately kind and good "real" black people or dimwitted and stupid like white people's lap dog or some combination of the both. It makes me mad because I've never seen Hollywood get the personality type right once of a black person whose grown up entirely surrounded by all white people. We always play like the third friend with no lines on the preppy bad guy's side, or it's Carlton Banks.
>>
File: Dear White People.jpg (24 KB, 465x299) Image search: [Google]
Dear White People.jpg
24 KB, 465x299
>>70071554
Nah, Troy's a good guy. The movie's not as biased as the Spike Lee styled trailer might lead you to believe, those scenes are really more satire of over-militant blackness. There aren't even really any villains in this, it's more about misunderstandings between black people and white people, and black people and black people.
>>
>>70070590

I don't hate anyone of any ethnicity.

But I hate shit cunts.
>>
I saw this movie. The title and trailer were purposely provocative, probably to get more free advertising, but the movie isn't really like that at all. It's about flawed people dealing with race in complicated ways. I thought the way it never revealed who was responsible for certain actions in the movie was pretty clever, because it was easy to think how multiple characters might have done the same thing with different motivations.
>>
>>70070926
The white people that you know in real life all think you're a worthless nigger secretly. Trust me. We all do.
>>
>>70070590
you're either a total fucking retard who doesn't understand not only what the movie is trying to do but also what its referencing, or this is some top tier 9/10 bait.

im going to go with bait, no one is this stupid
>>
>>70073402
The funny thing is, I think it didn´t got much backblash because most people thought it was a muh racism flick.
>>
>>70070590
Don't you mean white "people" HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>70071554
K uncle tom
>>
>>70070590
Why? Ultimately the point of the movie is that everyone's a hypocrite, not just white people, but the ending is supposed to serve the message that while the idea of a Nigger party sounds retarded and far-fetched, it actually happens all the time.

Like hate black people all you want but a party where the theme is just mocking someone is a little fucked
>>
>>70073330
THIS THREAD WAS GOING SO WELL UNTIL YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

It was almost like we were having a real thoughtful conversation about film or something.

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>70070590
>Tfw black with no interest in watching this
A friend of mine told me how it was and it sounded awful and the characters are unrealistic as fuck. I do love the fedorafag butthurt it existing has caused though.
>>
File: american_hero.jpg (12 KB, 336x308) Image search: [Google]
american_hero.jpg
12 KB, 336x308
>2014
>Dear White People

>2024
>Dear Cis People

>2034
>الموت لل كفار
>>
>>70074073
No, you weren't having anything special or of note. This misimpression easily happens because, of course, this is /tv/, so something ever so slightly 'intellectual' appears, and it stands out.
>>
>>70070590
>>
>>70070590
I thought the film was disingenuous with its message, nothing changed at the end and I didn't like it
>>
WE
>>
>>70074091
Wait, the fedoras got mad at it too? What feminist outrage did it feature?
>>
>>70070926
Racial issues are more of an American thing
>>
>>70070926
hey Uncle Tom!
>>
File: 1451072446847.jpg (59 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1451072446847.jpg
59 KB, 540x540
>Dear White People
Nobody panics

>Dear Black People
WHADDAFUCKUSAYWHITEBOIRACISTMUDDAFUCKAPEESASHIIIFUKKAMUDDAFUKKARACISTSHIT
>>
>>70074222
>not using the Islamic calender
>>
>>70074467
I agree, the trailer made it seem like this was going to be the second coming of Spike Lee, only to be like, "learn to Obama".
>>
>>70074739
>>Dear Black People
Niggers aren't people, they're literally borderline retarded.
>>
>>70070590
Be aware:

this film makes fun of black people and PC culture to a pretty extreme degree, and only lightly riffs on white culture.

OP is baiting, and clearly has not watched the film. This thread is just here to allow for there to be a thin veneer of film over yet another off-topic political discussion on /tv/.
>>
>>70074222
>be black

made me kek
>>
Do black people even watch movies like these? Legit question.
>>
stop crossposting b8
love, /pol/
>>
>>70074935

My girlfriend's parents watched it. I haven't really been interested in seeing it desu. Maybe when it comes on Centric or something.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.