[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Went Wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Z97EbnGs.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Z97EbnGs.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
What Went Wrong?
>>
ding
>>
>>70070211

I often wonder if the guy who makes those videos is just a failed film school student.
>>
Nitpicking
>>
people caught on
>>
>>70070324
Isn't everyone here?
>>
File: 1420608168659.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1420608168659.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>70070211

>white people
>ding
>>
Remember when we all thought this was the best movie channel on YT back in the day before we discovered YMS and Red Letter?
>>
>>70070471
The difference is Jeremy probably applied to film school but never got a letter back.

His knowledge of films is piss poor.
>>
>>70071372
>YMS and Red Letter
kys
>>
>>70071848
What other channels would you recommend you faggot
>>
>>70072081
Http://YouTube.com/user/reddit
>>
>>70071372
Red Letter? They went to shit after dick evans
>>
>>70071372
>back in the day
What the fuck?

From their channel:

>Joined Dec 11, 2012
How the fuck is that "back in the day"? And it's newer than both the channels you mentioned.
>>
Boring, uninteresting movies, not as funny, novelty wore off.
>>
File: 1458048473615.jpg (93 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1458048473615.jpg
93 KB, 540x720
>>70070211
>"that's racist"
>+100 sins
>>
Autists took it too seriously/thought the videos were legit reviews
>>
>>70074864
>it's just a joke
fucking hate this
>>
>>70070211
Nothing really, the video length is getting out of control, he needs to scale it back to like 10 mins per vid with the occasional 2-parter or long one.
And y'all stop pretending you don't like cinema sins.
>ding
>>
>original videos of lousy movies were fairly short
>now videos of well-received movies are long as fuck
>"100 sins for that"
>"let me take off 5 sins because that was awesome"
>insert liberal commentary here
That's what happened.
>>
Didn't he have some kind of a fallout with Screen Junkies? (Not that they're much better nowadays. Andy and Dan have totally lost control and it's become a gimmicky SJW fest.)
>>
File: 1404632740376.jpg (56 KB, 517x572) Image search: [Google]
1404632740376.jpg
56 KB, 517x572
>scene does not contain lapdance

Hilarious. Haven't hear that joke before
>>
I remember when he did a "fans write the video" thing for Iron Man 3 and some of the stuff in it (like the Incredibles parallel) was directly ripped from How It Should Have Ended.
>>
Does he still do those spin-offs like "MusicVideoSins" or has he given up?
>>
>>70075246
This is where it really went wrong. It SHOULD be a funny criticism of low points in movies, but they treat it as a joke and that's what it is.

It seems like their videos are getting way longer too. Like you could cut out most of the nitpicks, misunderstandings, overly critical parts and still have a funny video about the movie's really stupid moments.
>>
Kind of funny that /tv/ has adopted some of his stuff like "discount..." and "roll credits." And it was nice to see him do a CIA/Bane dub at the end of the Mad Max video. (desu those are the best parts of his videos) Still disenchanted with him nowadays though.
>>
Before the videos were only about three minutes and actually picked little inconsistencies like production stuff in the shot or objects disappearing in the scenes, now its just random shit, half the time he complains about the plot but not because of plotholes, just random crap
>>
>>70070211
Uh, nothing?

I mean the entire point of the channel is to find nitpicky inconsistencies in any given film. From the beginning the format has stayed the same, the spread of well liked and total shit movies has been the same, and his overwrought dissection of inconsequential moments or mistakes has been the same. The butthurt only comes up when he pulls the same shit he does for everything else with movies people generally like. If you have a sense of humor about the movies you like that he makes a video on, nothing really changed.
>>
YouTube policy changes and too many videos draining the magic
I still watch and enjoy the ones done by Jeremy though, plus he seems like a cool dude
>>
The first movie sins videos were short, sweet and to the point.

Now they even have to slow down the video so that they can cram in an essay for every "sin".
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.