[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mirror's Edge is getting a tv show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: mirrors-edge-10.jpg (165 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
mirrors-edge-10.jpg
165 KB, 446x299
>Endemol Shine Studios, the scripted division of Endemol Shine North America, has acquired the action-adventure video game property Mirror’s Edge to adapt for television as a female-centered action series.

Developed by EA DICE and published Mirror's Edge Catalyst by Electronic Arts, Mirror’s Edge is set in a quasi-futuristic dystopian society in which a network of “runners” act as couriers to transmit messages while evading government surveillance. The game’s main character and heroine is Faith, a runner and skilled warrior whose sister is framed for murder. The narrative follows Faith as she is drawn into the fight against the ruling Conglomerate and becomes enveloped in a conspiracy that could bring down society itself.

Endemol Shine Studios 2“We clearly see Mirror’s Edge as a franchise for the global TV audience,” said Sharon Hall, President of Endemol Shine Studios. “It has a strong female protagonist, a wildly rabid fan base and a worldwide brand that Electronic Arts and EA DICE have done an amazing job establishing.”

http://deadline.com/2016/05/mirrors-edge-video-game-adapted-tv-endemol-shine-studios-1201762639/
>>
File: 1433737883661.jpg (61 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1433737883661.jpg
61 KB, 500x384
Huh, that might actually have some decent potential, although the story was never really Mirrors Edge's strong point.
>>
It'll be shit but I'm in.
>>
Shit game with shit story gets shit show

Vidya kino is just JUST
>>
>>70065924
HYPE

As long as they lean heavily on the whole Parkour thing.
>>
Why not a movie? There's hardly enough plot for a whole tv show.
>>
This was a great game to play high
>>
STOP WITH THE VIDYASHIT ALREADY
IT SUCKED THE PREVIOUS 500 TIMES AND ITS GOING TO SUCK NOW
>>
>>70065957
>"and a worldwide brand that Electronic Arts and EA DICE have done an amazing job establishing."

They ignored the franchise for the better part of a decade before shitting out a half assed game.
>>
>>70065924
>hot Asian chick does parkour for an hour every week

The entire internet will orgasm at once.
>>
>>70066212
I imagine majority of the plot will be original content, and they'll just take the setting and Faith from the games.
>>
They better have some good action/running scenes because mirror's edge has an extremely generic "corporations are running the world, and we the plucky young counterculture punks have to stop it!"
>>
>>70065924
We want the Jessica Jones audience
>Faith Sulkowicz was raped by a corrupt government official and now needs to wage a war on the corrupt misogynist government.

>>70065957
It's hilarious everyone talks about the story when in the extra features the devs mention the story was hacked together because there was some problem with the original script.
>>
>>70066463
The TV show could actually make a good story up for the show. No need to write it off just yet.
>>
didn't anita sarkeesian work on this game?
>>
>>70065924
So NOW that they've made a sequel nobody likes do they think that it's the time for a fucking TV show about a game with barely any plot to begin with?

Who makes these fucking decisions? Why are heads of media companies these days so completely fucking unaware???
>>
>>70066598
That's just /v/ shitposting
>>
Mirror's Edge "looked" great (in 2008) but wasn't it a flop why is it getting a sequels and a spinoff?

Is it just because it's so hard to find videoshit with an asian female lead?
>>
File: C3xPWnx.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
C3xPWnx.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>70066659
It still looks great, bub.
>>
>>70066532
I really like Mirrors Edge so you can hope but in terms of story, it's pretty much just a setting. Evil government but in a utopian city

>>70066598
She mentioned the control scheme limited people's (women) access to the story and then did a talk at the developers studio
>>
>>70066659
It enjoyed critical success and had a loyal fanbase that had been asking for more since because of its advanced movement mechanics, it's uniqueness in gameplay and style and the fact that it captured the 1st person aspect so much better than the average FPS. It's getting a sequel because that fanbase kept the hype alive only to see it be dragged through the money-making Blando-meter Sequel Shitter, like every other game franchise that has name recognition or a devoted fanbase.
>>
>>70066950
>>70066659
As for why it's getting a show, who the fuck knows?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>70066950
>>70066659

On top of that it had a pretty solid following in the speedrunning community because the mechanics allowed for some really cool ways to work around the game.

Try watching a speedrun for a few minutes, there are some awesome techniques to break the game.
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCK NOOOOOOOO
>>
>buy popular franchise & indie company that made it
>make worse sequel
>make even worse sequel with multiplayer
>gut indie company
>make into shitty movie

So EA's adding a new step into their company's usual process of ruining something good while milking it for all it's worth?
>>
File: 1459718406194.jpg (470 KB, 1659x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459718406194.jpg
470 KB, 1659x1080
>>70067489
>DICE
>Indie company
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>70066285
She's going to be played by a white woman.

Pretty easy to justify too, her name is already Faith Connors.

Asian women will never lead a major western production, just look at GitS.
>>
>>70067782
They better have an asian girl. I need a new waifu
>>
>>70066242
I lost my shit the first time I fell off a building
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.