[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new Halloween movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1380413716_2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1380413716_2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
John Carpenter is returning to produce the film and will possibly score it.

But who should direct? Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Hush) and Adam Wingard (You're Next, The Guest) are both rumoured to be in the running.
>>
>>70065371
>But who should direct?
John Carpenter.
>>
>>70065871
There is no other answer.
>>
>>70065371
This is really great news, I hope they won't fuck up.
>>
>>70065912
Rob Zombie
>>
>>70065988
They will. When was the last time a good horror film was released?
>>
File: theguest.jpg (33 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
theguest.jpg
33 KB, 620x400
>>70065871
>>70065912
obviously that won't happen. Im surprised he is even coming back in any capacity. Wingard is a good pick though. You're Next and the Guest both feel like 80s Carpenter
>>
File: WeAreStillHerePoster.jpg (562 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
WeAreStillHerePoster.jpg
562 KB, 1382x2048
>>70066072
most recent horror is shit. The only ones that really stick out are Trick r' Treat and maybe the first Insidious. You're Next is a pretty good slasher though that falls apart near the end. Just watched pic related which was better than most recent ghost movies Ive seen.
>>
>>70066172
>You're Next and the Guest both feel like 80s Carpenter
No they don't. They feel like hipster horror movies produced by Netflix. They feel like nothing.
>>
>>70065988
I liked a lot of recent horror films, I can't think of a good slasher though.
>>
>>70065988
Sorry, meant to reply to
>>70066072
>>
>>70066260
the makers of The Guest were directly inspired by 80s action films and Carpenter's Halloween franchise. From the imagery to the soundtrack, it all feels very Carpenter.

http://halloweenlove.com/the-guest-a-badass-cinematic-tribute-to-john-carpenters-halloween/

You're Next too is a direct homage to 70s home invasion movies and 80s slashers.

Yeah they have an indie feel to them, but so what?
>>
Wingard would be an excellent choice.
>>
>>70066452
>From the imagery to the soundtrack, it all feels very Carpenter.
Yeah, because Carpenter is popular amongst hipsters. Not knocking on Carpenter, but he is. Unfortunately they don't understand what make his films work. They just like his films for superficial aspects - some cool shots and, whoa, synths!
>You're Next too is a direct homage to 70s home invasion movies and 80s slashers.
Who gives a shit? It's directed with the zeal of a television show director.
>>
>>70066072
Pretty sure i saw the devil was the last good horror movie
>>
>>70067002
Eh, these intellectual horror films profoundly bore me.
>>
Judd Apatow, starring Seth Rogen as Michael Myers, Michael Cera as Laurie and Jonah Hill as his best friend.
>>
>Not redoing "They Live"

Halloween a shit. Carpenters run, zombies run, and this one too.

michael meyers is going to be black trans woman.

Horror is devoid of the unkillable monster diversity.
>>
>>70067516
Halloween is loads better than They Live, and I love both.

Really, the Carpenter film that could be remade and turned into a huge franchise is Big Trouble in Little China, but thankfully it doesn't look like it will ever happen.
>>
File: Untitled.png (352 KB, 603x423) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
352 KB, 603x423
>>70067625
>>
>>70067744
Oh Jesus. Hope Carpenter is at least making bank off this. Poor bastard.
>>
>>70067516
>wanting they live redone

please die painfully
>>
>>70065871
Didn't Carpenter lose his touch like 20 years ago?
>>
>>70067943
Yes, but my answer is still Carpenter. Modern directors are really bad at action or horror.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.