[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>D&D adapt dune for HBO after GoT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
>D&D adapt dune for HBO after GoT
>>
>D&D
>not talentless hacks
I want reddit to leave
>>
can't wait for Duncan and Gurney's wacky adventure on Ix
>>
File: 1397498251988.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1397498251988.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
Feels good knowing this will never happen after the 1984 flop and the abysmal sci-fi channel miniseries had it permanently flagged as box office/ratings cancer
>I'll never have to have something I enjoy infested with pop culture tumblrtards
>>
>>70062471
If Crooked Hillary wins, everything you love will be overrun by SJWs
>>
Whoever directs Dune next needs to have an ecologist and a Muslim scholar on set at all times. Half of the metaphors come from thick Islamic theology and the other half refrence the organism/environment relationship. Jardo would have fucked it up too btw.
>>
File: 1387531052209.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
1387531052209.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>Your waifu is cast as Hwi Noree
>>
>they get bored of it after 5 seasons and start cutting corners to get it over with quickly
>>
Sucks HBO wouldn't allow GOAT Jodorowsky to fulfill his dreams.
>>
File: 1376528972273.jpg (19 KB, 312x311) Image search: [Google]
1376528972273.jpg
19 KB, 312x311
>>70063056
>STILL trying to push Jodo Dune in current year
It would be shit, it would always have been absolute shit
>>
>>70063056

Even if it got funded, production would have collapsed anywhere else. Would have been a shallow, homoerotic visual journey with little mention of even the most shallow messages of the series.

Jardo Dune would have been awful and I'm glad it failed.
>>
>>70062360
>2016
>adapting dune

More liberal/muslim propaganda? No thanks.
>>
>>70062360
>DAAABIIIID!
>DABID! AFTER DRAGONS & BOOBIES WE MAKE NEW SHOW!
>Oh? What did you have in mind? Another fantasy show or
>NOOOO DABIIID, WE DO SAND DOONE SHOW WITH SPACESHIPS!
>Sand dune ships with- Oh! You mean mean Dune? I don't know, that's alot of lore to cover & we clearly suck at adapting even the most mediocre novels...
>DABID... WE MAKE SAND STAR WARS AFTER DRAGON BOOBIES SHOW...
>I mean, we could... But-
>DABID... WE MAKE DRAGON LADY MAIN CHARACTUR...
>Brilliant!
>>
>>70063169

I get Muslim propaganda, but how is it liberal propaganda?
>>
File: laughing pirate curry.gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
laughing pirate curry.gif
795 KB, 245x168
>>70063290
>>we clearly suck at adapting even the most mediocre novels...
>>
>>70063515
>polygamy
>transhumanism
>drugs
>gays
>pedophiles
>>
>>70063562

Almost all of those are cautionary tales though
>>
>>70063562
except Herbert was an unrepentant homophobe and always portrays homosexuality negatively in his books. he also disowned his gay son in real life who then died of AIDS
Also if you make it to God Emperor there's entire pages of him shitting on liberals for being closet aristocrats who rail against power until they have it themselves. If you want to attach a political philosophy to Dune it basically reads as a libertarian screed more than anything else
>>
>>70063562
>hating transhumanism
Are you even slightly aware of the year we're living in? Really, how big of a shut-in do you have to be not to know that this is quite literally the future? Need proofs? the 50s were 60 years ago, and the 60s were 50 years ago, yes man it's that easy to get yet you failed miserably. We are now living in the Current Yearâ„¢, get with the times or get BTFO nerd.
>>
>>70063562
Most of those things are shown in a bad light, especially gays and pedophilia, these are the defining traits of the central antagonists of almost every book in the series, the Harkonnens are just faggy euro fags in space
>>
Sandworms are huge flacid cocks and everyone are black.
>>
>>70064899
dude reddit lmao
>>
>>70063650
>always portrays homosexuality negatively in his books
Is this why God Emperor literally has lesbian armies who pwn everyone and Leto's cuck sidekick telling Duncan off for dissing them? topkek
>>
>>70062360
For a minute you gave me a panic attack. I don't want this to be a movie or a series or whatever this is one of the greatest series ever written. Please for the love of god let these be just books
>>
>>70065791
but i think the named characters from his lesbian army are all reprehensible, awful people and the army itself isn't meant to be sympathetic or likeable.
>>
>>70062360
Fine with me. Everyone in Dune sucked so it's not like DnD could do their patented character assassination.
>>
>>70062360
great that's just what we need another adaptation with a story that has lots of fantastic beasts that we only get to see for 5seconds an episode because of the budget
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.