[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do people hate this film again? I'm not even talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: indy1.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
indy1.jpg
585 KB, 1920x1080
So why do people hate this film again? I'm not even talking about the people who would hate it today because of "racism" and Willie, I mean when it came out in 1984 and got tons of bad press.
>>
>>70059269
They're plebs
>>
>>70059269
After watching crystal skull this seems kino now
>>
Because standards were much higher back then.
>>
>>70059269
Willie really was a horrible character and dragged the whole movie down.
>>
File: shortround.jpg (30 KB, 421x272) Image search: [Google]
shortround.jpg
30 KB, 421x272
WE INDY NOW
>>
>>70059269
Any other adventure movie is a disappointment coming off Raiders.
>>
>>70059269
I love Temple of Doom because it feels like it just kinda picks up somewhere during one of Indy's adevtures and then we go on another adventure. It's not as good as Raiders but it's certainly better than Crusade. I've never understood the love for that one, it's actually quite boring.
>>
>>70062394
>>70063624
These.

The eighties were an age where spectacle movies weren't accepted as or expected to be shit. Moviegoers weren't yet fully manipulated with bullshit rhetoric like "it's supposed to be bad, what did you expect?" and "just turn your brain off, it's an action movie". In fact, two of the greatest screenplays in the history of American cinema were written for two 80s blockbuster spectacle movies - Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future. Can you imagine that happening today?
>>
>>70063880

It's not better than Crusade. But it's by no means bad, either. I don't think it's hated, just not seen as as good as the other two.
>>
>>70059269
>why do people hate this movie

They are idiots with no taste.
>>
People thought it was too dark and violent for an adventure movie. It is the whole reason why PG-13 exists.

Plus, it got a lot of flack of stereotypes even back then, the chilled monkey brains were really controversal.
>>
I never understood it either. ToD was always my favorite.
>>
>>70059269
I actually love Temple of Doom. Everything about it is so bizarre and comical. It really did a great job at capturing the feeling of those older 30s-40s short adventure films.
>>
It's a normalfag meme to hate it. It's as good as any other in the trilogy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.