[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You now realize this was better than the newest star wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
You now realize this was
better than the newest star wars
>>
Definitely better than TFA but still not very good.
>>
GOTG is actually a great stand-alone sci-fi adventure movie. Much better than TFA which was a piece of shit.

However, the movie has resulted in an awful backlash where everything needs to be quippy and "fun" and have nostalgic 90's music. Also the fanbase is terrible.
>>
>>70057774
not even better than age of ultron
>>
>talking tree and raccoon

Sci-fi fans should be gassed.
>>
>>70057860
Good post anon
>>
I was thoroughly bored with the both of them

>>70057897
this is true
>>
>>70057860
>90s
>>
>>70057860
I wish they removed the marvel tie in crap and gave it a better villain. The movie would have been great
>>
>>70057774
both are bad tho
>>
>>70057774
Also than the oldest.
>>
File: 1344651812689.png (221 KB, 374x356) Image search: [Google]
1344651812689.png
221 KB, 374x356
>>70058283
you right
>>
>>70057774

Loool you're making /tv/ decide between the two films it first loved on release and then decided to hate from sheer edginess.
>>
>better than TFA

That's not exactly hard to accomplish. TFA isn't a good movie by any means.

GotG on the other hand, thats where I'm conflicted. I watched it and it was one of the few times I finished a movie and thought "that was pretty fun". I wasn't eager for a sequel, I didn't get excited for them to appear in Infinity Wars. It was just an enjoyable movie experience.

Ironically what I hated the most about GotG(besides the fact that people give it a ridiculous amount of praise) is that its part of the MCU. Take out Thanos and the gems and you have a solid, standalone movie about some relatively unknown Marvel characters.

GotG didnt need to be part of the MCU. In fact, everything about thanos and the gems pulled me away from the movie because I was far more interested in seeing this group of strange people come together and go on some whacky adventures.
>>
>>70057774

feels more like a star wars movie than the actual star wars movie.

8/10.
>>
File: Farscapecast0715.jpg (348 KB, 1800x1293) Image search: [Google]
Farscapecast0715.jpg
348 KB, 1800x1293
>>70057774
I liked the original better
>>
How can anyone enjoy this flick?

The action was bad. The drama was forced. The comedy is up its own ass.

What's wrong with you people?
>>
>>70058612
This! even its reboot guardians was better than star wars though. Too hyped for the sequel.
>>
>>70058358
>/tv/ is one person
You do know how stupid this post makes you look, right?
>>
>>70057774
I wish I had a jacket as cool as Star Lord's
>>
File: 544544523.jpg (18 KB, 522x381) Image search: [Google]
544544523.jpg
18 KB, 522x381
>>70058745

It's a hivemind anon. Don't resist.
>>
>>70058768
You can probably by it on some online "men's" novelty store
>>
>>70058450
This is most likely going to make you even angrier, but Thanos wasn't originally going to be in the movie, but was written in by Marvel Studios' behest.
Thanos won't be appearing in Vol 2, though, if that makes it any better.
>>
>>70059094

Oh, I was never angry, just sort of bummed out. I generally enjoy the movie. The only thing that ever made me a little mad was the fanbase and their absurdly vocal opinions on how perfect this movie is.

I like GotG as well, but it's not even close to being perfect. It's one of the better MCU movies, but being one of the best in a pool full of ridiculously mediocre movies is not something to brag about.
>>
File: download.jpg (64 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
64 KB, 600x800
>>70058893
I mean a jacket LIKE star lord's, getting one exactly like it is autist level shit. I'd like one a similar shape to it.
>>
>>70058501
I agree
>>
>le TFA is a bad movie meme
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 599x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 599x456
>>70058666
Memelord running away from rocket and Groot and getting caught and then escaping and then getting caught again and then getting no arrested was a pretty good action sequence

The rest was pretty crap though
>>
I like it. But the villain is dumb and undercooked and ship-net generic third act is boring.

I don't know anything about the comics but Xandar and all those space-cops are very,very boring, especially after Knowhere. The movie could have done better and just been weirder.
>>
>>70057860
nah, it's complete garbage

it has a few good moments of adventure and a few good moments of chemistry, but it's strung along by stale jokes written for 12 year olds, absolute garbage and generic sci fi design, and a horrifically boring story and main character
>>
>>70059756
that sequence was actually the moment that I knew the movie was tame lame trash

my interest was piqued again during the prison sequence only to be let down again later
>>
>>70057774
it was garbage. 3/10 at best. tfa was 6/10
>>
>>70057774
The only thing I remember about this movie is the prison escape and how dumb the ending was. I did like the prison scene but not a lot else stood out to me.

To be honest family, the only scene I really hate in the force wakes up is the scene on Han Solos ship with the wrathtars or what ever the fuck those cgi shitballs were supposed to be.
>>
>>70059756
No it wasnt
>>
I'm reading the comments and this is the biggest shill thread I've ever seen on /tv/ yet.

The only thing I remember of Guardians of the Galaxy was someone waking me up because I was snoring too loud.
>>
File: 1437842679215.jpg (201 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1437842679215.jpg
201 KB, 1280x853
I liked GotG. I also remember a few neets trying their hardest to find some sort of meme to discredit(?) the movie which failed resulting it being called a meme movie
>>
>>70057774
Oh my fucking stars and bars, newfag season is here.
Capeshit and Star Wars are for children, newfag.
>>
>>70059849
The design in the movie is fucking awesome, its far from generic.
>>
>>70058612
So, I wasn't the only one.
>>
>>70057774
Not even close. I can't tell you how many times I cringed while watching GoG. So disappointed I broke my rule of no capeshit to watch this decent flick.

>quipshit

Never again.
>>
>>70063105
>>70059849

The only honest non-shill reviews so far.
>>
It's better than most Star Wars movies tbqh senpai.
>>
senpai familia family
>>
>>70059750
Fuck off jewjew
>>
to me the difference was in how much each movie was trying to do something

TFA wasn't trying at all. It coasted on previous movies and I can understand why some people are saying it's just a ANH remake.They went really overboard with the OT references and the story was as safe and cookie cutter as it gets

on the other hand, GOTG was REALLY trying to force the idea of "hey it's just fun bro relax" to the point where you felt it could be used as an excuse for any shitty part of the movie. The plot was also completely generic (I actually kinda forgot what it was) but instead of just being neutral, the constant forced humor and bad jokes pushed towards seriously hating it
>>
>>70057774
>now
>>
>>70065575
TFA is literally erddit.
>>
>thst scene in the beginning where he turns on his Walkman and starts dancing to le retro music in some alien ruins

Anyone else get pretty irritated by this?
>>
>>70065621
don't reply to the pedo
>>
>>70065810
go fuck yourself autismo
>>
>>70061121
Yes it was

I too can make a meaningless statement "yes or no" post.
>>
>>70057774
I've watched it 3 times with my gf since she loves this shit and I can't even remember a single scene
>>
>>70065810
You irritate me even more you little shit
>>
>>70065851
Whoa there, pal. You must be one of the giddy retards that stood up and clapped during that part. I didn't mean to offend you.
>>
>>70066039
>pottymouth
>ad hominem
>forced "humour"
>no punctuation
>no dubs
>probably drunk
thank you for proving my point AVGN fanboy
>>
>>70057774
Both were shit and for plebs, reddit is really taking over not just this board but this entire site i can't stand it.
>>
>>70065810
not really, I liked the musical selection and I'm not autismoman
>>
I'M AN ALLIGATOR
>>
Movie blows.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.