[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey Gimli I know your cousin awoke a Balrog and probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
>Hey Gimli I know your cousin awoke a Balrog and probably got killed along with thousands of your people
>But I won't tell you or even give you a warning before entering an underground city filled with their decaying bodies

Why was Gandalf so based?
>>
> I didn't think it would end this way.

>End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
>>
He didn't know about the Balrog in the book and didn't know for sure that the dwarves had been wiped out, only that contact had been lost with them. There's a reason he didn't want to go down there.
>>
>>70053744
he could have told them at least this much, right?
>>
He just hated dwarves
>>
>>70053782

He could have. Moria had already been wiped out before though, before Balin recaptured it, so really it's Gimli either being in denial or being a dumbshit.
>>
>>70053668
Why didn't Sauron just fly the Balrog into Minas Tirith?
>>
>>70053786
They literally are the worst species. Smelly, dirty and loud
>>
>>70053725
See what, gandalf?
>>
>>70053914

Balrogs don't answer to bitch niggas like Sauron.
>>
>>70053933
and jewish
>>
>>70053914
b/c Balrog is Sauron's superior, ruler supreme
>>
Gandalf was a manipulative bastard. He would make everyone do his bidding whatever the outcome. Even if it means someone end up being sad or lots of people dying. I think he just wanted people suffering deep inside. He is basically playing god who puts people through really mean tests and watch them if they can prevail. Thats why he didnt take eagles to mordor or use excessive magic. Not because he can't use magic but because its not his war to win. He wanted to do the things hard way.
>>
>>70053668
Something that I always wonder did the orcs inside Moria were different kind of orcs?
>>
>>70053981
White shores.

And beyond...a far green country, unto a swift sunrise.
>>
>>70054302
Goblins
>>
>>70054302

They were "goblins", which are basically orcs that are stunted and have big eyes for seeing in the dark. They were the creepy underground orcs.
>>
>>70054302
I always thought they were goblins
>>
>>70054320
That doesnt sound so bad...
>>
>>70053668
He was a wizard jbr
>>
>>70054444
No...

No it isn't.
>>
>>70054444
Checked
>>
>>70054232
Is this bait?

Bitch, he turned down the Ring. If he wanted everyone to do his bidding, he could have the moment Frodo told him to take it. He wouldn't have been a slave to Sauron or nothing, he would have been a monstrous overlord.

He also DOES have highly limited magic, which he DID use extensively.
>>
File: flyfewls.jpg (25 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
flyfewls.jpg
25 KB, 1280x720
If Gandalf hadn't fallen, would the Balrog have kept following the Ring? Or would he not even give a shit about the Ring, and just start destroying all live in Middle-Earth?
>>
>>70054232
most retarded post ive seen on /tv/ all day
>>
>>70054726
Yeah, I'm no expert in Tolkien lore but didn't the god of their universe put the five wizards there more to guide the world against evil than to just have them save the world themselves?
>>
>>70054232
This would have been a problem if anybody else could find a solution to their problems
Everywhere they go ,
>what do we do, gandalf?
>Whats happening, Gandalf?
>boy I wish Gandalf were here
>>
>>70054478
Quads confirm
>Heaven is for real
>>
>>70054789
What if the Watcher in the Water had taken the ring (which it certainly meant to do seen as it attacked Frodo first out of the group)?
>>
>>70054193
Then if Sauron is technically weaker, why didn't Gandalf just bitch slapped him?
>>
>>70054193
>Balrog is Sauron's superior
No it's the other way round
>>
>>70053668
He wanted that little mountain jew to suffer.
>>
>>70053668
his cousin didn't awake the balrog. the dwarves that built moria did
>>
>>70054726
His bidding is not power. His will is to watch people go through ordeals while there is a super easy way.
>>
How are you liking that soundtrack, anons?
>>
>>70054302
Legolas calls them goblins.
>>
>>70054842
Yes, If I recall correctly even Saruman who got corrupted was pretty nerfed.
>>
>>70054830

Well, I mean, that anon is retarded, but Gandalf WAS a manipulative bastard. The War of the Ring was largely won because of Gandalf's machinations behind the scenes over many, many years.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Wormtongue certainly capitalized on Gandalf's reputation as a manipulator to turn minds against him, people definitely saw him in that light. Gandalf presumably saw himself more as a teacher and guide, who tried to point the mortal leaders in the right direction, and if that required the occasional deception, well, that wasn't so bad, was it?
>>
>>70054789
>Falls into an abyss.
>Ends up on top of a mountain with a bilzzard going on at the bottom.
How?
>>
>>70055660
In the book its explained that after landing, he and the balrog fight to the top of a mountain peak, which is where we rejoin them.
>>
>>70055846
Landing? How could they survive the fall?
>>
>>70055882
Even in the movie, it clearly shows them landing in a lake.

Also, these are divine beings.
>>
>>70053668

>supposed to be ridiculously powerful
>fights with a sword

why was gandalf such a talentless hack?
>>
>>70054917
Gandalf was only allowed to guide the human race, not do the job for them. Also, I don't believe the Balrog was stronger than Sauron, or Gandalf stronger than Sauron.
>>
>>70056039

wasnt sauron pretty weak without muh ring
>>
>>70055950
>It clearly shows them landing in a lake.
Wasn't that just Frodo dreaming?
>>
>>70053725
>comes back to life after he dies
>>
>>70056140
>>70055882
did you retards even watch the film or read the books
>>
>>70053744
In the books, Gandalf is way less 'with it', especially in Fellowship. He's a rambling old man that gets angry easily at anyone and is easily confused.
>>
>>70055660

There's a stairway leaving all the way through the mountain from the bottom.
>>
>>70056181
>did you retards even watch the film or read the books
Yes and no.
>>
>>70053981
Goatse

>>70053668
It was long-term trolling by Gandalf that his name revealed when rearranged.

Gandalf->Anal-Lag

Effectively, long-term trolling butthurt such was the genius of Gandalf.
>>
>>70054478
>>70054444
>>70054320
>>70053981
>>70053725

Hello R.eddit
>>
>>70056140

The dream was a vision.
>>
>>70057408
Hello fuckface
>>
>>70053725
>all turns to silver glass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4
>>
>>70057500
t. ledditor
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
>>70058585
>>70057408
your shitposting has no power here
>>
>>70054302
No, everyone else is retarded. All orcs in Tolkien are goblins and vice versa. The standard soldiers in Moria are the same as the ones in Mordor. The Uruk Hai are just super goblins. Orc just isn't used in The Hobbit because no one knew what the fuck an orc was, he makes this clear in the foreword.
>>
>>70059793
then what are those little guys that serve the hobbit king? lesser goblins?
>>
>>70059793
Yeah but there are divisions, even in the books. The orcs that come from Minas Morgul are considered different than the ones from Barad-dur. In the movies they just accentuate the differences with physical characteristics, and draw separations between Uruk-hai, different types of orcs, and then goblins
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.