[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does he not get weirded out by living in the middle of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Nathan-0.png (535 KB, 430x625) Image search: [Google]
Nathan-0.png
535 KB, 430x625
How does he not get weirded out by living in the middle of the forest with a bunch of robots that can think for themselves? After watching that scene where Caleb looks through the surveillance tapes with Nathan fucking with the robots, I;d be fucking terrified of being in a situation like that.
>>
File: Kool_A.D._Live.jpg (1 MB, 1676x2432) Image search: [Google]
Kool_A.D._Live.jpg
1 MB, 1676x2432
Is this Kool A.D.?
>>
>>70049796
i dont think writers put that much thought into what they write.

it just has to be perceived as cool and they re ok with it.
>>
>>70049796

He made them, part by part. People who build rollercoasters don't get hype riding them. ... Hence his surprise at the end
>>
>>70049796
He is a sociopath and narcissist. He even hinted at killing the people who physically built the compound. He gets blacked out drunk every night and wakes up early to "detox" by working out. He has so many mental issues but happens to be a genius, it makes sense he is in seclusion and not afraid of his creations. He is too sure of himself, over confident.

I am high as fuck right now
>>
File: 1448734775394.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448734775394.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>70049999
>>
>>70050076
Yeah, I guess that's true. I don't know, I feel like I'd still get freaked out if my own creation starts acting up like that.

>>70050229
Huh, makes sense. I felt like he was the normal one though. I mean shit, he knew that Caleb was going to fuck him over and let Ava escape and he still forgave him for it.
>>
>>70049998
Kool A.D. looks exactly like I always pictured him
>>
He's a 21st century mad scientist
He's not meant to be a normie
>>
Why didn't Nathan built a killswitch in the robots.

Especially if the plan was for them to escape, why didn't he have anything planned for when they did escape ?

It's not because he's over-confident, he actively wants them to escape, he's not expecting them to not be able to escape. In fact, it would completely be in character to have a way to crush any real escape attempt with the press of a button, rendering the things he controls utterly helpless.
>>
>>70050315
>I mean shit, he knew that Caleb was going to fuck him over and let Ava escape and he still forgave him for it.

He was manipulating Caleb the whole time. And when his plan actually fell through, because Caleb already disabled the security, he knocked that ginger out.
>>
>>70049796
I'd be jealous
>>
>>70050515
That is a good point, Caleb and Ava should have found a way to disable that in the movie if he did have one. Would have made more sense
>>
>>70049796

He loved the control he had over them.
>>
>>70050229
>He is a sociopath and narcissist. He even hinted at killing the people who physically built the compound.

he was playing a part aimed at alienating Caleb to increase the chance of Ava getting him on her side. if he was actually a sociopath he wouldn't have stopped the experiment the moment Caleb started self-harming (which turned out to be too late).

> He gets blacked out drunk every night and wakes up early to "detox" by working out. He has so many mental issues but happens to be a genius, it makes sense he is in seclusion and not afraid of his creations. He is too sure of himself, over confident.

he's just autistic and a genius. regular people and relationships probably bore him. he doesn't regard mucking around with sexbots as creepy because no one real is being harmed by doing it and he doesn't care about how others would perceive it except as part of the experiment.
>>
>>70050515
>Why didn't Nathan built a killswitch in the robots.

they were physically weak so he didn't think he'd need one.

>why didn't he have anything planned for when they did escape ?

how do you know he didn't. we don't find out anything about how long Ava is on the loose.
>>
Why did Caleb cut himself?
>>
>>70050814
to prove to himself he wasn't a robot
>>
>>70050857
the fuck? so nathan pretty much made Caleb go mad to the point where he thought he was a robot?
>>
>>70049999
>it just has to be perceived as cool and they re ok with it.

This. "Coolfactor," is the #1 driving force of movies today.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.