[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Meme movies no one remembers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
ITT: Meme movies no one remembers
>>
>>70045228
>>
I remember.
>>
what's it called?
>>
Bretty gud movie desu
>>
PIG FUCK
>>
>>70045228
im so glad somebody finally made a thread about how bad this is.

Not entertaining in the slightest, dropped.
>>
>>70047103
Sorry guys, wrong thread.
>>
File: 1443772017461.png (206 KB, 1233x957) Image search: [Google]
1443772017461.png
206 KB, 1233x957
>>70045228
>>
I love this movie and remember it. I think you have to have mental illness to like it
>>
>>70045228
Love this movie. Got better every time I've watched it. Great acting, great cinematography, interesting characters, ambiguous message that you can have a real conversation about... It's not his best, and no, it's not the most entertaining thing in the world, but that doesn't make it bad art. PTA is one of the great directors ever imo, and the best American Filmmaker working today.
>>
I watched it yesterday.
>>
>>70045228

I haven't watched it but I know that the project's very reason for being, to shit on scientology, was scrubbed. They pussed out, forever tainting whatever movie was left. We're left with... something else.

I wouldn't be able to watch it without thinking of the cowardice of the filmmakers(?) and the unpleasant fact that Scientology won. They must have been gangstalking PTA or somesuch, leaving threatening 3.a.m. phone calls, and he decided it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>70047103
How could you not be entretained by it? Great script, great actors, beautifully shot and a amazing pacing. I didn't find a single moment in the movie dull.
>>
>>70049130
Yeah, it really helps if you've gone through some sort of mental health treatment program or rehab through some religious organization or government institution. The movie takes on a whole different meaning.
>>
>>70050203
Well, what did you think about it? I watched it two days ago and liked it.
>>
>>70045228
>meme

Fuck off
>>
I will remember that "processing" scene with Joaquin and PSH in the boat forever.

Check mate my dear friend.
>>
>>70050262
>I know that the project's very reason for being, to shit on scientology, was scrubbed.

I doubt that very much. PTA has used snippets of real life in his films before, like the pudding guy in Punch Drunk Love, but it's more likely that scientology was just a basis for the characters, which was the main drive of the movie.
>>
Why are all PTA films so boring? I mean, I agree some of his movies have beautiful cinematography and a nice soundtrack and are overall well made, but the movies themselves never entertain me, i watched most of his films and not a single one could entertain me. It just feels like whatever is happening on screen is fucking useless. I don't like his style at all.
>>
>>70046857
>>70046894
>>70047103
>>70047124
>>70048095
>>70050203
>>70050402

all me fâm
>>
>>70050630
Boogie Nights, Magnolia, and Punch Drunk Love couldn't entertain you?

> It just feels like whatever is happening on screen is fucking useless.

It sounds like you just don't get ambiguity in art or something.
>>
>>70050781
>Boogie Nights, Magnolia, and Punch Drunk Love

Exactly, none of these three could entertain me even though so many people claim that these are extremely entertaining.

>It sounds like you just don't get ambiguity in art or something.

But I do. Some times i find some single line of dialogue extremely entertaining in a movie even though its sense is not very clear, because it appeals to my subconscious I guess, i'm very easily entertained and Anderson never entertained me.
>>
Am I the only person who loved the plot? Everybody seems to think the plot is lackluster. I thought the processing scene was touching. Literally made me tear a bit desu.
>>
>>70050262
This movie completely shits on Scientology, are you retarded? Do they have to outright call themselves scientologists for you to think they're shitting on it?
>>
>>70050781
just to add..I really love There will Be blood, because it's very well made and have a great aesthetic. The only problem is that the whole movie felt like it lacked something...I didn't really care about what was happening even though i tried to
>>
>>70045228
You first fucker.
>>
>>70050868
>>70050922
idk dude, I guess I'd have to know what you do like before that made any sense.
>>
>>70051341
Well just to list a few directors, i like Scorsese, Herzog, Coen bros, Terry Gilliam, Denis Villeneuve

And a lot of others i don't remember because i have a shit memory
>>
The Master is one of the films I'll probably never forget
>>
>>70045228
Nice pleb filter
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.