[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/m ovies/asian-american-act
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: AzizAnsari.jpg (68 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
AzizAnsari.jpg
68 KB, 948x711
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/movies/asian-american-actors-are-fighting-for-visibility-they-will-not-be-ignored.html

>"The mainstream Hollywood thinking still seems to be that movies and stories about straight white people are universal, and that anyone else is more niche," Aziz Ansari wrote. "It's just not true."

Why is Hollywood, and by representation America still so racist? Why are all the good roles still "whites only"?
>>
File: 7343333.jpg (85 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
7343333.jpg
85 KB, 600x726
Rick Yune needs more exposure, he's literally the perfect man:

>6'3" of pure muscle
>Olympic-level TKD athlete
>Then became an underwear model
>Then became a stockbroker
>Then became an actor
>Still looks like this at 45.
>>
I don't know why they're complaining India and China make more movies than the US why don't they just there to work.
>>
If the term Asian has expanded to include Indians and everybody from the continent of Asia, then are Jews and Russians are Asian too.
>>
>>70042732

They know those markets are irrelevant.

They need rich old white people to make movies to represent them properly. For equality.
>>
>>70042660
That neck tho
>>
>>70042790
Indians are considered Asian by britbongs and real Asians are called oriental or East Asian or some shit
>>
>>70042604
Please don't post a picture of that ugly punchable unfunny shitskin on this board, thank you.
>>
I wonder if people in China, Africa and India complain about the lack of white people in their movies.
>>
So, why don't we see many whites in poowood?
>>
>>70042604

>They won't be ignored

Just watch me.
>>
>>70042604
Aziz Ansari is honestly a meme as fuck actor.

Maybe only second to Kevin Hart
>>
This why multiculturalism doesn't work.

Everything becomes a fight over who has their "fair" share.
>>
>>70042869
BROWN COUNTRIES ARE FOR THE BROWNS
BLACK COUNTRIES ARE FOR THE BLACKS
WHITE COUNTRIES ARE FOR EVERYONE
>>
I sneezed. I'm sorry.
>>
>"The mainstream Hollywood thinking still seems to be that movies and stories about straight white people are universal...

What planet is he living on where everyone who isn't straight and white isn't being vastly over-represented in Hollywood?

Straight and white are the significant majority in America, they are not nearly as significant a majority in American films.
>>
>>70042604
has this asshole tried not being a shitty actor?
>>
>>70042604
Why aren't more white people in bollywood films? Why aren't there more darkies in korean movies?
>>
>>70042660
shit abs
>>
File: 2352555.jpg (6 KB, 178x283) Image search: [Google]
2352555.jpg
6 KB, 178x283
>>70042985
They were better when he was younger desu
>>
>>70042604
I hate this currynigger, Dr. Cox should have killed his stupid ass.
>>
I don't want to see any movie with Aziz Ansari.
It has very little to do with the fact that he's some sort of brown folk.
I think he's annoying as fuck and his stand-up is shit.
>Bollywood makes more movies every year than the rest of the world combined
>still complains about the lack of Indians in American film
Thanks for ruining Scrubs, faggot.
>>
>>70042660

TORETTO
>>
>>70042955
because there are barely any white people living in india and there are barely any black people living in korea
>>
>wants more ppl of colour as a manlet brown guy
>hires 6'6" white guy eric warheim as main sidekick on show

KEK CLUCK
>>
where's all the white people in bollywood????????????????????? disgusting.
>>
People don't want to hire you not because you're indian Aziz, but because you're a racist unfunny faggot.
>>
>>70042604

OP here, let me rephrase my question:

Hollywood is obviously the biggest proponent of progressive politics; it's literally in everything they do. Why would they still suffer from this kind of toxic culture when they routinely lecture and push diversity to the rest of the country?
>>
>>70043242
Chinks and japs literally cannot act.
Indian dudes are ugly, and the hollywood jew doesn't want to scare money away.
If they are guaranteed to make money, then they will push hard with the agenda. See Star Wars and new Ghostbusters.
>>
>Hollywood pandering to minorities is at an all time high
>"we need more exposure"

Jesus, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Why do they even feel that Hollywood should be making an effort to give them exposure? If some white guy moved to India and started making statements like this about Bollywood he'd probably be executed.
>>
why do pooinloos pretend they are remotely similar to Chinks?

Who do they think they're fooling?
>>
File: 1463647507014.jpg (28 KB, 505x537) Image search: [Google]
1463647507014.jpg
28 KB, 505x537
>>70042604
I'm Asian and even I think we should ignore these opportunistic attention-whores.
>>
>>70042900
This. I dont mind Chinese or Japanese actors but fucking Indians are terrible people and should not get any representation. They're country is full of corruption, rape and its polluted as fuck.
Besides they have Bollywood. I never seen a white guy complaining about not enough representation in Bollywood movies.
>>
>>70043020
Cox was a cynical guy that saw the world how it really is. Still they managed to create his character in a leftist cuck at the end of the show. Zach Braff ruined this show all by himself.
>>
>>70043986
Indians don't even watch the movies they just dance and yell and throw shoes at the screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ho3Bcl9fI
>>
>>70044079
They're just like us you guise. :^)
Only one race, the human race.
>>
We literally need MORE movies starring and about straight white people.

Name 5 movies in the history of cinema about fags, coloreds, or colored fags that deserve to be in the top 10 movies ever made. (Have fun crashing Google trying to make it find something that doesn't exist.)
>>
File: 1463673328122.jpg (25 KB, 377x364) Image search: [Google]
1463673328122.jpg
25 KB, 377x364
>>70044133
The human race has learned to shit in toilets the last several hundred years.
>>
>>70042660
>pure
>>
>>70043863

I think most people are like this, or at least regular people. It's always upper-middle class people and rich folk that buy into and pander to far left politics.
>>
>>70044079
God, can you imagine the smell in that place?

I'm literally not racist against any other race but Indians.
>>
there are barely asians in the us, the only really underrepresented group in hollywood are hispanics because diversity means more blacks
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 958x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 958x800
>>70044079
POO
>>
>>70042660
Shit-tier abs and shit pecs. Will look like bitchtits in a few years
>asians
>perfect men
Hilarious shit my man
>>
>>70042660
Dude is on gear bro. But he looks like the guy from Tommorrow never dies
>>
>>70042660
Implying trading stocks and playing dress up is what real men do.

Maybe if this faggot did real hard labor jobs his pecs wouldn't look like shit. Being born tall was just a fluke, so bravo I guess.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.