[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Animated Films and Musical Numbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (518 KB, 2046x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
518 KB, 2046x1535
Are you a fan of the fact that Disney has seemingly dropped the idea of making their main films into musicals?

Personally I very much enjoyed these two films because of the fact that didn't contain any musical numbers.

I was always more of Pixar fan because of this, almost none of their movie contain their characters spontaneously bursting into musical performances (Wall-E and Inside Out were some of my personal favorites).

Sure Tangled and Frozen were well received films but I honestly feel that Disney could do much better without having to constrain themselves into doing this.

Could you imagine Big Hero 6 having musical numbers? That would be awful.

Do you honestly remember Lion King for its music (aside for Hakuna Matada)? No, it's remember for its compelling story.

What are your thoughts on this, /tv/?
>>
Musicals give a film longevity. Kids are still singing Let it Go three years after Frozen was out.

I think musicals are fine if they're appropriate for the film. Disney usually does a musical of a novel or myth adaption, but original films like Zootopia don't need it because like i said it's original.
>>
>Are you a fan of the fact that Disney has seemingly dropped the idea of making their main films into musicals?

After the success of Frozen? No way have they done that. I think it's more that maybe just maybe instead of pumping out animated music after animated musical because of Frozen's success they're more concerned with making sure that whatever animated musical they do next it's a quality one.
>>
BH6 was mediocre you pleb
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 268x278
>>70042161
nah, it was pretty good.
>>
>>70042389
No.it wasnt.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x658
>>70042443
prove it.
>>
File: 738388393.jpg (248 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
738388393.jpg
248 KB, 1000x563
>>70042462
>he uses rt to validate his shit taste
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 618x412
>>70042539
Nice shitpost. I believe I said "prove it".
>>
>>70042563
>shitpost

Its pure fact,RT is garbage and posting it proves you wouldnt even understand any criticism i have because you're a dumb fruit.
>>
>>70040906
>What is moana.
>>
>>70042605
>ad-hominem
>>
>>70042699
Thats a mighty big word for you :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 400x200
>>70042746
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.