[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Me Before You’ Criticized For Its Portrayal Of Abelism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
>Disabled activist group Not Dead Yet, who campaign against assisted suicide, have described the film as “grossly misrepresenting the lives of the vast majority of disabled people”.
>“The message of the film is that disability is tragedy and disabled people are better off dead,” she told BuzzFeed News. “It comes from a dominant narrative carried by society and the mainstream media that says it is a terrible thing to be disabled.”
>Discussing the film’s plot, Clifford said she found it “deeply ironic” that the disabled character was urging the able-bodied character to “live boldly”.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosebuchanan/campaigners-are-pissed-about-the-representation-of-disabled

Will her career ever recover?
>>
>>70039962
>Disabled activist group Not Dead Yet,
Kek
>>
>>70039962
>urging the able-bodied character to “live boldly”.
>doesn't immediately rape the cripple
>>
Her "career" will be over after GOT ends. Then she has one more paycheck left if she steels her wig and goes on blacked.com. Though by then she'll probably be so fat she won't even fit through their door for the audition.
>>
If I had my legs blasted off I'd be telling people to 'live boldly' too; how is it deeply ironic to tell others to cherish their lives while they still have them? And if my quality of life is poor enough to where I want to have someone kill me, then why can't that wish be fulfilled? It's like they want the disabled to suffer one last indignity by not even being able to control their own lives.
>>
Step 1: Denial
>>
>>70039962
>who campaign against assisted suicide
well that sums up my opinion. Let a man top himself who cares
>>
>campaign against assisted suicide
opinions of these fags don't count
>>
i used to play in a band with a dude whoa paralyzed from the waist down and has to use a catheter and shit, but gained 2.7 million from the accident and though he's married to a not-terrible looking woman, makes out wirh multiple hot chicks every night wat bars and often buys hotel rooms to eat them out in......i dunno, doesnt seem thar bad desu
>>
>>70040120
>>70040129
ITT: pussies who need help

A real man chokes on that shotgun and swallows the bullet
>>
>>70040172
Sounds like a scumbag desu
>>
>>70040211

i guess thats objective, imagine jack black meets lieutenant dan. not only is that exactly who he looks like thats exactly who he is
>>
>>70040183
>he would rather spend 20 years in an old folks home, sitting in his own shit for 16 hours a day, hallucinating monsters attacking him instead of having a doctor put him to sleep
>>
>>70039962
>BuzzFeed News
>buzzfeed

Don't SJWs love this bitch because of muh stronk female queen?

feminist vs ableist; who will win?
>>
>>70040266
Cheaters should be hanged
>>
>>70040093

implying I need legs to be comfy as fuck watching movies all day
>>
>>70040294

>p-please kill me mr big strong man, please kill me
>>
>>70040063

She is set for life even if she didn't get any work after GoT. I get that you don't like her but I don't understand how you all assume that she'll be in financial trouble if her career dries up.
>>
>"me before you"
>making a film about what it is to be female
lel
>>
>>70040294

>arguing with shitposters
>>
>>70040183
what if youre a paraplegic (like the whole point of the fucking thread). what you gonna control that shotgun with? that waifu of yours wont help you out
>>
>>70040304

Yeah because surely his faithful wife isn't taking other guys' dicks now that her cripple hubby can't get it up any more.
>>
>>70040353
Conjure up heroin-based telekinesis like Kurt
>>
>>70040304

thats a little extreme.this dude is a great singet and songwriter. one time one of our songs was THIS CLOSE to being in a blue moon commercial. also, theres no fucking way his wife is not cheating, amd unlike him she actually has working genitals
>>
>>70040353
See >>70040321

Cripples climb mountains but you can't even kill yourself without help

Even your suicide is cucked away from you
>>
>>70040345
>She is set for life

if she invested smartly maybe. I suspect she threw the money out the window instantly because she believed she had a huge hollywood career ahead of herself.
>>
>>70040380
>there might be a chance my wife could be thinking about cheating on me
>so it's justified that I fuck random sluts from bars every week

Nuclear family and traditional values
>>
>>70040408
>paraplegic
>doing anything other than moving your head and making orgasm noises
youre an idiot. Go read a book
>>
>>70040449

he's not fucking them just licking their pussies

his dick doesnt work have some respect
>>
who the fuck even reads buzzfeed lmfaooo
>>
>>70040552
That shit is a few steps above a foot massage; I understand that he's in a shitty position, but that doesn't mean he should be an asshole either. Why not just divorce her and do that shit guilt-free?
>>
>>70040552
If his dick doesn't work he should just do the honorable thing and an hero.
>>
>>70040552
Sounds like a degenerate
>>
>Disabled activist group Not Dead Yet, who campaign against assisted suicide

Who outside of religious nut jobs are against assistant suicide.
>>
>campaigning against assisted suicide

Lmao those cucks just lost all credibility
>>
>>70040611

i cant say for sure, but it seems like has has good conversations with her. she was with him before the accident, wheb he was apparently an athlete and good looking dude, and she's been allowed to gain weight and smoke all the weed she wants and go to schoil to be a vet and shit
>>
>>70040616
Doesn't the same apply to you?
>>
>>70040841

buuuuuurrrrnnnn
>>
post more brunette emilia pls
>>
>>70040211

are you saying his healthy functioning wife isn't getting plowed 6 times a week by her fitness instructors ?
>>
Never heard of this film until now.
This bothers me greatly. The assisted suicide organization, dignitas, that's in the story is a real-life clinic that does assisted suicides.
I'm a member of dignitas myself and I don't wish there to be a public outcry over what they do there.
>>
>>70040345
Isn't Kanye West supposed to be bankrupt?
>>
>>70040453
That's quadriplegic you tard.
>>
>>70040172
>>70040552
>get enough dosh which, along with your cripplebucks, would allow you to live comfortably with the odd luxury for the rest of your life
>spend your nights and cash buying hotel rooms so you can slobber greasy cunts

Sounds pathetic desu senpai, I don't understand his motivation to provide oral to random sluts with a dead dick. Sounds cucked by life, I'd much rather kill myself than live like that.
>>
File: mister.jpg (26 KB, 190x291) Image search: [Google]
mister.jpg
26 KB, 190x291
>>70040321
It's not your time yet no
>>
>>70041059

Probably. He's a terrible gambler and an excessive spender though.
>>
>>70040966

lol trust me this sexy-despite-chubby has no fitness instructor holy fuck lololol
>>
Wahh a movie had an opinion we don't agree with

Mentally challenged people and vegetables are just sad and it's honestly just tragic, watching your grandmother with Alzheimer's not recognize your mother as her own kid, or watching some mentally challenged 30 year old hug 14 year old girls and compliment their cleavages while drooling is just deeply troubling.
>>
>>70041103

guess you gotta be a millionaire to understand anon
>>
>>70040183
This is the gayest post ever.
I wish you'd shallow a bullet
>>
>ableist is unironically a thing

I had no idea
>>
>>70041232
The kid promoting violence kind of looks like An Hero.
>>
>>70040183
Shotguns don't even work all the time. I'm sure you've seen the old liveleak video of the guy in a hospital after trying to kill himself with a shotgun. The one where he's conscious in the hospital bed while missing his entire jaw, face and about half of his fore-brain.
Not to mention that it's not possible for everybody to get ahold of them.

Assisted suicide organizations have a 100% success rate and they use a strong barbiturate to do it. This means you feel a bit of euphoria before you lose consciousness and then die
>>
>>70040129
>>70040120
t. shekelbergs who want to off anyone the minute they stop paying into taxes
>>
>>70041137
Go blog about it
>>
>>70041386
desu the romans figured it out with slitting your wrists while taking a bath no need to go all breaking bad
>>
>>70040552
>be cripple
>eat out gutter slags
>get mouth and eye herpes
>>
>>70041232
>police girl loli will never handcuff and dom you
>>
>>70041421
You're a fucking moron. You make it sound like people are forced into these suicides.
To be eligible for an assisted suicide at dignitas they make you see psychiatrists to figure out alternatives to death. If you still want to die, then they will help you.

The number of people killed by these organizations is incredibly small, less than .01% of people who retire every year.
Dignitas was started in 1998 and not even 2,000 people have been killed there.

You're the one being jewish by forcing people to become old and sick and paying large amounts of money into hospitals, pharmaceuticals and assisted living. If a person feels that there's no positives in their life anymore and have the psychological proficiency to think out the consequences then they should be able to end their life if they choose.
>>
>She will never sit on your face

Jdimsa
>>
>>70039962
Being a cripple IS a tragedy, it IS a terrible thing to be disabled.

What the fuck is wrong with these fuckheads?
>>
>>70041572
i dont even want a thin girl to sit on my face I want a huge 200 pound amazon or nobody
>>
What a dumb group. If the concept of a persons quality of life being below death is too hard to understand, maybe avoid the subject.
>>
>>70041570
Not to mention that the vast majority of assisted suicide organizations are non-profit.
>>70041421
Maybe you should learn about a topic before you start shouting out asinine opinions.
>>
>>70041628
>non profits mean something is benevolent
the catholic fucking church is a non profit
>>
>>70041666
Out of everything I said you chose to focus on that, huh?
Well, since you're unable to determine the difference between a church and an assisted-suicide clinic, you should actually look into their yearly profits. They publish them. The low amount of member fees that people pay into dignitas go into a doctor's salary (who is required by law to administer the drug), buying the chemicals and maintaining the building with any extras above that going into programs like crises help-lines of care programs to take off the mentally ill.

Like I said in the post you quoted, you should look into subjects before you decide to shout out your retarded opinion.

Just because churches abuse their non-profit status does not mean they all do.
>>
>>70041232
Well, like most social issues these days, there is the core truth of it, and then the bullshit special interest groups wrap the truth in, that make the issue revolting.

But, yes, there is an attitude toward those with disabilities where unfair treatment is allowed.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.