[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 250x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 250x367
What went right?
>>
>>70039278
Was actually scary. I am to this day afraid of houses out in the middle of no where like that.
>>
Everything. The only example of horror kino.
>>
>>70039278
tied with Exorcist for scariest movie ever
>>
tobe hooper was a great talent before cocaine burned him out and the production's limitations ended up giving it an amazing atmosphere and simple, pure intent
>>
File: 1440841063717.jpg (1 MB, 2787x2117) Image search: [Google]
1440841063717.jpg
1 MB, 2787x2117
That hard cut to black
>>
>>70039989
>Is Funhouse any good?
>>
>>70039278
It was grimy and you felt dirty watching it. The low budget made it more so. Shit was scary and you didn't know where it was going. You totally believe everyone was going to die. Takes the spot of scariest movie over The Exorcist for me.
>>
>>70039278
>sore containing just sounds of instrument played incorrectly
>shot in the blistering heat
>actors weren't allowed to see Gunnar Hansen as Leatherface before their scene for genuine reactions
>great source material

a lot.
>>
Probably the most legitimately scary film.

It isnt like other films where you anticipate some clown jumping out at you from a closet. It's so visceral and real that it scares the shit out of you.
>>
>>70040074
well, no. not really. the chick from amadeus does a nude scene though

lifeforce, however is underrated kino
>>
>>70039278
Everything actually. The whole film feels hot, humid and dirty

It's a 10/10
>>
>>70039278
>The scene when the guy or girl gets hit on the head with a hammer and their foot goes crazy

I was just a kid but that left me disturbed. Same with

>she makes it outside the door only to be grabbed and carried inside and stuck on a meat hook
>>
when i first watched it i thought the chainsaw chase around the house dragged on too long, but after rewatching it later realised that that it was makes it effective. The buzzing of the chainsaw is relentless, whether its on screen or not, and it stresses you out. Same with the dinner scene. Constant laughing and screaming and intense close ups of her eyes. Really stressful stuff.
>>
>>70043077
hmm, I'll check it out
>>
>>70040074
One of my favorite horror movies. It's a real slow burner though, the horror parts of the movie only occur in the last 30 minutes, but the buildup is worth it imo, the whole first act with them wandering around the carnival has a sense of unease the whole time. Plus I really love the monster's design.
>>
all the horror stuff happens off screen
>>
>>70043670
and I really love the original trailer, pure 80's cheese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIpdBbiybM
>>
>>70039834
ugh stop it with this kino shit you're all so pathetic

but I agree
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.