[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he living the dream? (i.e. getting paid to geek out about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: talking-preacher-logo-400x600.jpg (57 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
talking-preacher-logo-400x600.jpg
57 KB, 400x600
Is he living the dream? (i.e. getting paid to geek out about shit)

Or is he a mediocre stand up comedian who is essentially a professional shill for other people's stuff? Like a nerdy Ryan Seacrest, he just hosts shit
>>
>>70038051
Dancing monkey that will promote any piece of shit with all the fake enthusiasm of an Access Hollywood interviewer. Can't stand his voice either.
>>
>>70038877
Dubs confirms it
>>
mediocre is a bit generous, he's pretty shit whenever he speaks for himself. I don't mind him that much when he's shilling.
He tried complaining about scarjo playing playing an asian character and it was so cringeworthy.
>>
>>70038051
>Jack Reacher TV series
>Talking Reacher
>>
>>70038877
>double dubs
Nice
>>
Every single show he does they never criticize any aspect of the show.

I mean it's obvious considering it's on the same damn network, but it's boring when it's nothing but praise and "could you believe that happened!" when the thing that happened was incredibly mediocre or the episode was just plain bad.

Then there's the praise for every actor even when the actor did a mediocre job. It's just very cringe-worthy overall. The entire purpose of these shows is to just promote the show even more and earn AMC more ad revenue.
>>
>>70038051
I honestly hate him and his immortality (dudes like in 40s). Unbelievably unfunny schill. I'd rather take a blow to the head then watch one of his shit shows.
>>
>>70038051
He's a twerp
>>
>>70038051
Hmmmm, live the dream but have to be Chris Hardwick... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Nope.
>>
@midnight is a pretty good show
>>
>>70039056

>every time an unpleasant/villainous character is mentioned there's always assurances that the actor who portrays them are actually kind and decent people outside of their role
>>
>>70039056
the other thing about why these shows exist that they are incredibly cheap to produce and good at keeping people watching their channel. social media television.
>>
>>70039225
Depends on who is actually on it. I still can't stand this chuckle fuck
>>
>>70039056
Well of course he's not going to talk shit about it. Same reason you don't see any other talk show talk about how shitty their guest star's new movie is that they're promoting on the show. It isn't supposed to be a critique of it, just talk about it and interview cast.
>>
File: zoidberg - why not.png (21 KB, 257x200) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg - why not.png
21 KB, 257x200
Why not both?
>>
File: tmnt-cereal.jpg (62 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-cereal.jpg
62 KB, 279x400
> gets new show on Viacom subsidiary Nickelodeon
> Talking Turtles
>>
File: sir paul.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
sir paul.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
> Paul McCartney gets a music show on AMC
> Talking Paul Is Dead
>>
>>70038051
>getting paid to geek out about shit

He married a fucking Hearst he doesn't have to work ever again.
>>
tired of this fake fuck

his first job was on MTV working with young, not yet batshit Jenny Mcarthy, just like how all the other geeks and nerd start out.

AMC could repeat an episode from season 2 of TWD and he would still start his after show with "WOW what and exciting episode. We have so much to talk about"
>>
>>70039056
I wonder if AMC will have him shilling for the final half of the final season of Hell on Wheels this summer

>Talking on Wheels
>>
>>70038051
This naming convention makes no FUCKING SENSE.

Talking Dead was called that because it rhymes with WALKING DEAD. Preacher isn't FUCKING called WALKING Preacher or ROCKING Preacher it's just fucking called PREACHER. So you CAN'T JUST NAME YOUR TALK SHOW TALKING PREACHER.
>>
>>70041807
they shouldve called it Preachin' Preacher
>>
He's a huge shill.

Maybe he's faking it for the money, cushy job and Hollywood connections.

Orhe could just be one of those really positive people that love everything. So shilling comes easy.

Has anyone ever gone on one of those "Talking" post recap podcast turned into TV show and shit all over the show?

Obviously they wouldn't be all "WTF that episode of the Walking Dead sucked. That character acted like an idiot for no reason other then shitty writing." But maybe something more subtle.
>>
>>70041807
they got lazy and decided Talking in front of everything was popular enough to run with.

Theres always Wolf Watch that comes on sometimes maybe sorta after MTVs Teen Wolf
>>
File: 20131125_002410.jpg (145 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
20131125_002410.jpg
145 KB, 800x480
> new show after Comic Book Men
> Talking Comic Book Men

What? Not like the original show thought much through either.
>>
>>70041877
considering his opnions and shit before TTD ever started up he knows full well how hard he has to shill this shit even things he'd otherwise be shitting on but he gives no fucks as long as AMC is willing to pay him as well as they do to do a live 30minute show once or twice a week
>>
>>70038051

He's somehow worse than Felicia Day leeching off of a trend, fake nerd culture, to stay relevant while acting like the most obnoxious Youtuber possible.
>>
File: 12.png (146 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
12.png
146 KB, 500x281
I'm still mad about Web Soup. What a fucking mess of an idea that was.

>hey fellow "nerds", want to watch youtube-- i mean Break.comâ„¢ videos that you can just watch online right now
>ON TV?!?!?!?
>>
>>70041883
>they got lazy and decided Talking in front of everything was popular enough to run with.

It's not lazy, it's branding. And since the show is based around them talking about a show it works fine.
>>
File: this man rules your world.jpg (94 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
this man rules your world.jpg
94 KB, 500x750
>>70041953

>t. 53 year old AMC exec
>>
File: 1464156205408.jpg (52 KB, 960x895) Image search: [Google]
1464156205408.jpg
52 KB, 960x895
>mexican walking dead

>has to pretend to care for a shit production

>its obvious the audience is bored out of their minds except for a few overproud mexicans
>>
I enjoy the insider info you get when people that work on the show are on. You're not forced to watch it. If you want to hear a bunch of bleeding pussies have autism fits then you can get that for free on redchannit.
>>
He's king of the C list comedians that seemingly survive by traveling the country appearing on podcasts.
>>
>>70039225
Yeah, but it's not because of him. He might have one or two good lines per episode, but it's obvious when the "contestants" are much funnier than him
>>
>>70039225

hello rebbit.... shit, not even redbit

i funny?
>>
>>70038990
>The Thing gets a TV series after show
>Talking creature
>>
>>70042155
>Talking Creature
>Not The Talking
you had 1 job anon
>>
>>70041945
I'll never understand how Tosh.0 became a thing either.
>>
>>70042206
That is better. Thanks for setting me straight, family.
>>
>>70042211
>extremely cheap to make
>Tosh brings in the views while still cheap enough to be paid
pretty much what it boils down to.

I mean besides from South Park Comedy Central are pretty much up shit creek without a paddle for popular shows
>>
>>70042371

at least they aren't adult swim
>>
>>70042371
Yeah once Colbert and Stewart left it killed their programming. They've resorted to showing a lot of SNL reruns
>>
>>70038051
>Or is he a mediocre stand up comedian who is essentially a professional shill for other people's stuff? Like a nerdy Ryan Seacrest, he just hosts shit

Pretty much

All this talking x shit is just unbearable.
>>
>>70040637
How about a sense of fucking humor? The guy was the twerp that bullies picked on. No amount of fame or money can bury that pain. Poor Chris. Poor little faggot Harddick For Guys.
>>
>>70041995
He was absolutely right. Branding is far more valuable than a talk show. Entertainment is a byproduct for these soulless execs.
>>
File: 3853380882_3ab0ffcbc3_o.jpg (29 KB, 299x280) Image search: [Google]
3853380882_3ab0ffcbc3_o.jpg
29 KB, 299x280
>>70041942
That's because Felicia Day has been at this shit since before there was a "fake" geek culture.

She's from the generation that would use "powned noob" in a sentence.
>>
if amc had a show called shit, will they have an aftershow called talking shit?
>>
>>70042012
>Alicia is on
>she's genuinely defensive and uncomfortable about how stupid and careless her character is
>by the end of the season she's almost competent compared to her increasingly psychotic brothers
Did she lobby the writers?
>>
>>70044513
Probably. Couldn't be worse than Sons of Anarchy's after show.
>>
>>70041942
fun fact.
anyone with a youtube channel is a peice of shit
>>
>>70044591
why isn't she lyanna stark godammit
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.