[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terrible movies that you can't understand the popularity off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: downloadfile-1.jpg (377 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-1.jpg
377 KB, 1024x768
>dude shallow and stupid middle class
>dude this is totally how teenagers act
>dude cool but oppressed husband

Cliched and terribly written, why did this become popular?
>>
Because it's a genuinely good film that deals with difficukt issues in a kight hearted way, and is fucking amazingly fucking comfy.
>>
>>70033183
>cliché
Give some examples nerd. As far as I know there are very few teenage pregnancy movies that deal with adoption. Juno is a great movie, shame to hear about your lack of a heart
>>
>>70033227
Its faker than a Chinese knock off, the dialogue is unrealistic, teenagers don't talk like that.
Juno is a shallow moron, her dialogue is ear meltingly stupid.
>its comfy
Kys senpai
>>
act
>>
>>70033282
>shallow ice cold wife and genuine husband
>smartass teenager
>cheesy midwesterner family with parents who substitute curse words
>>
>>70033451
>>shallow ice cold wife and genuine husband
Those were completely overturned by the end, did you even watch the whole movie?
>>
THUNDERCATS GO
>>
>>70033349
She has ADHD though
>>
>>70033491
It is a cliche whether or not it changes.
>b-but semantics

Why enjoys teenage girl coming of age movies anyways? That shit itself is cliche as fuck.
>>
The Departed.

Such a cringey effort to be edgy (esp the scene where Nicholson's character has the two women executed), yet everyone was ranting and raving about it.

wtf.
>>
only thing that sucks in this movie is how the characters speak some times.
like they use lingo that is obviously suppose to come off as hip, new, stuff kids say. but it doesn't make sense and no one has ever talked like that.
>what are you blogging about?
who the fuck says that when someone else says something ridiculous? fucking no one, that line is so jarring it hurts
there are other lines like that, it comes off as something a middle aged man wrote because he thought that's how teens talked
>>
>>70033642
I guess that explains it, forgot she was on adderall.
>>
>>70033697
OP here, this is exactly what I am saying. I can't relate to obvious fake dialogue or actions
>that scene where her and her friend are sitting in the trophy case
Not realistic, feels like some Gen-Xer's ode to Hughes through their modern interpretation.
>>
>>70033656
>It is a cliche whether or not it changes.
So you only look at the characters in specific scenes and not as a whole? How many such truly original creations can you think of?
>>
>>70033642
you dont know what adhd is
>>
>>70033697
>>70033814
You clearly haven't had much interaction with outcast teenage girls. They're all weird and constantly try to make up new terms and phrases and talk like retards
>>
>>70033982
>You clearly haven't had much interaction with outcast teenage girls
What do they smell like?
>>
>>70033982
fuck off Diablo Cody, you're a goddamn hack
>>
>>70033674
That was the point retard. The whole movie is making fun of itself.
>>
>>70034526
>Scorsese
>being self-aware and self-depreciating

I don't think so m8
>>
That movie where that guy moves town and checks my 1
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.