[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this show get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
I'm about 15 episodes into the first season, and basically all they do is driving around and get into adventures and shit. They pretend to be cops to get information and solve the scooby doo mystery of the week only with a real monster.

There is no overarching seasonal storyline, and Sam is just Fucking crying and whining all the time. He sounds like a little bitch.

So out of the first 15 episodes, the Pilot was ok. The Scarecrow episode was pretty good, and the episode with the Faith healer. That's pretty much it. Oh wait the one where they fight the Poltergeist was ok too.

Everything else was at best mediocre, and it worst bordering on unwatchable. Like the bugs, the hook dude, the wendigo, the one with Dean's old GF. Those all Fucking sucked.

Is this basically it? This is basically the show? They haven't even Fucking found their dad yet.
>>
>>70031459
kys yourself
only child spotted
raised by single mom spotted
virgin spotted
>>
from what i remember season 1 was hot garbage and it started getting real good at 2 all the way to 5
>>
>>70031459
2 is the best season
After that it's never as good.

There are a couple episodes after that are OK
but it's worth stopping at season 2. I don't know why people say 5 is good, it's so fucking mediocre.
>>
>>70031578

If we ever met Motherfucker, I would bury you.

>>70031623

Does Sam ever get tougher? God the Fucking whining...
>>
>>70031868
>Does Sam ever get tougher? God the Fucking whining...
not really
>>
The show must be hella cheap to shoot too since they only have two regular actors getting billing.

I can see why it's made it 11 seasons.
>>
>>70031868
>>70031925
oh except in season 6 he's sociopath tier but the show takes a huge dive in quality after 5
>>
>>70031459
Idk when exactly, but I would quit watching after season five. Thats when it was suppose to end.
>>
Would you say this is an accurate representation of the show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCZy8cAgBlM
>>
>>70032569
>Would you say this is an accurate representation of the show?
Well yeah they just took one of the latest seasons and made a music video out of it.
>>
It doesn't. If you smart enough to realize it's shit from the start then don't bother watching it.
>>
>>70031868
Sam is pretty strong, yeah. Also you're a bitch because seasons 1-3 are great and the show goes through a gigantic change and its never like it used to be. So enjoy those quality hunts while you still can, anon.
>>
>>70032569
To be fair that parody was made during the low point of this show. The Mark of Cain shit went on for way too long and they honestly could've cut most of season 10 and just split anything worthwhile from it (all at most 2 episodes worth) into the end of season 9 and the beginning of season 11 (which I guess would be season 10 under this scenario).

I'm not sure if I'd consider season 11 as a whole to be good but it has some amazing episodes in it. The episode that was shot completely from the Impala's perspective was one of the best this show has ever had.
>>
>>70031459
>When does this show get good?
When you finally forget you wasted your time on it.
>>
>>70031459
If your complaint is that they need an overarching plot then just make it to season 2. After that they start getting a bit of an overarching plot and the monster of the week episodes become less and less frequent.

Season 4 and 5 are amazing, and you'd like them if you're looking for an overarching plot.
>>
Keep watching till S5, then stop 5 seconds before the credits.
S2 = S5 > S4 > S1 > S3
>>
>>70033585
>Season 4 and 5 are amazing
Look, a wild pleb
>>
GOAT seasons

S 2 > S3 > S4 > S1 > S5

Oh fuck sera gamble what are you doing nigger skip tier

S6
S7
S8
S9

Now we're just rehashing and copying S1-S5 tier

S10
S11
>>
>>70035206
>not liking Kripke's Grand Plan™ and its conclusion
Look, a wild Plebbius Maximus
>>
>>70035295
I'd almost agree with you but S5 was emotional as fuarck
>Jo and Ellen
>Heaven episode
>Time Travel episode
>Changing Channels (I'm Dr. Sexy)
>ASSBUTT
>That 30 seconds of silence and S1-4 recap before Sam takes back control
>The music
>The acting

S5 was GOAT tier, even if it was VERY different from S2's mastery of the MOTW episodes
>>
Watch everything from its high peaks to its low valleys, even at its worst its still entertaining.

>have to see horseface Felicia Day for multiple episodes through multiple seasons
>still worth it when shes finally killed off and Dean gets revenge
>>
File: 1427886891980.png (1 MB, 816x931) Image search: [Google]
1427886891980.png
1 MB, 816x931
You fucking shit taste faggot.
You're right in the midst of the best Supernatural ever had to offer.
>>
>>70031459
>There is no overarching seasonal storyline
except there literally is

SN at the start has a very X-Files look and feel with some of the staff and even typewriter font

Seasonal arcs get a lot more pronounced and they keep upping the stakes until there is no topping Satan and God anymore so it goes all over the place like 24

but even in first season there is a very strong arc
>>
The strong overarching plot is yellow-eyed demon and "let's go find Dad."
>>
I think it's kind of funny that Gilmore Girls Bro and Smallville Bro teamed up to form Supernatural Bros.
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>mfw I just realized their parents are John and Mary
>>
>Doing the same show for 13 years

They will literally die from old age before acting in anything else
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.