[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that are very underrated, in the correct sense of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: sphere.jpg (267 KB, 580x896) Image search: [Google]
sphere.jpg
267 KB, 580x896
i.e., movies that are not well-known but are critically acclaimed, such as Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" or Ben Wheatley's early films don't count. I mean movies that plenty of people watched but that got terrible or mediocre reviews for no clear/fair reason at all.

Met Mark Kermode recently at a screening of Silent Running and showed him the RT score of pic related, he agreed with my confusion and said it was poppycock to call it anything less than a perfectly entertaining pulp sci-fi thriller with some really great set-pieces. Not a classic by any means but its uniformly vicious reception is just nuts. hbu?
>>
File: Legend -- 1985.jpg (487 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Legend -- 1985.jpg
487 KB, 1000x1500
Does this count?
>>
>>70029120

Saw it in theaters upon release. It's perfectly rated.

Rated as shit.
>>
sphere was absolute garbage you fucking moron

>look at muh unique opinyuh
>le underrated

Shut up fucking plebeian shitter
>>
>>70029120
Kermode is a cuck these days, he only rates movies on how empowering for women and minorities they are.
>>
>>70029120

Postal

Freddy Got Fingered

Quarantine 2
>>
John Carter, Jupiter Ascending
>>
>>70029120
>Met Mark Kermode recently at a screening of Silent Running
He never shuts up about it, does he?

Legitimately underrated? Starship Troopers.
>>
>>70029291
Nope. It's got cult appeal.
>>
>>70029480
I'll admit I saw Jupiter Ascending and found it more genuinely entertaining than 90% of the shit churned out by the big studios for the summer. Better than capeshit. I'll take an original IP over a steamroller-on-autopilot megafranchise anyday. The Wachowskis are far from perfect, but I respect the fact they have some serious balls.
>>
>>70029654
>they have some serious balls.
Not anymore they don't.
>>
Fucking Lebowski is a cult classic and sprouted more memes than average lurker can remember.

Meanwhile this masterpiece is not even mentioned most of the time when people talk Coens.
>>
>>70029734
this nigga flatley think that millers crossing better than goodfellas lmao
>>
>>70029654
absolutely lovable, I don't care about Tatum, Kunis is cute of course, but the world is really nice. The CGI and the costumes are wonderful and the whole regenx business and how quasi immortal beings are still obsessed with profits and how their favorite past time is still scheming and lying really makes one wonder
>>
>>70029828
I think so too. Goodfellas is great but not as perfect. Can't think of a single thing that's wrong with MC.
>>
File: images-95.jpg (28 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images-95.jpg
28 KB, 313x470
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Even with all the technical achievements it had and all the talk it produced, I belive people didn't got the message and themes the movie tried to convey. They all expected Cloud to run on screen and start swinging his sword and cast magic, in return they got a very underrated sci-fi story and setting.

Even if a lot of people saw it, I feel almost none really did.
>>
>>70029120
Batman v Superman
>>
>>70030522

i generally like it but its got weird pacing and could probably have used another rewrite
>>
File: not even kidding.jpg (426 KB, 1058x1500) Image search: [Google]
not even kidding.jpg
426 KB, 1058x1500
>>70029120
the three I think for for Sci-Fi...

Outland
(the hilariously wrong decompression shit does hurt it though. I mean it looks insane and scary as fuck...like who the fuck would ever go into space knowing that's going to happen to you if something went wrong...I sure the fuck wouldn't)

2010: The Year we make Contact

Galaxy of Terror. Probably the best B movie I've ever seen.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.