[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's there to watch these days /tv/? Can you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: cantseeshitcaptain.jpg (58 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
cantseeshitcaptain.jpg
58 KB, 512x384
What's there to watch these days /tv/? Can you recommend a show with interesting characters that's not full of SJW themes?
>>
>le ebin meme shows without the le ebin trigger words

kill your self faggot.
>>
>>70027971
Come on. Everything's got an agenda these days. Too much propaganda on TV.
>>
>>70028077
its always been the same fucking shit.
hell you posted a "SJW" from the 60s.
its the saaame fucking shit.
you and your ilk are just as desperate as the SJW to be fighting for a "cause"
>>
>>70028286
>being a nihilist
>>
>>70028286
Fair enough, Star Trek has some themes like this. I'm just tired of shows that are more concerned with appeasing special interest groups than being creative or original. It's boring.
>>
File: A bear and his Cub.jpg (61 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
A bear and his Cub.jpg
61 KB, 600x900
>>70028518
again.
they been doin the same shit since TV became a thing.
the only difference is they are not pandering to your tastes.

>>70028378
>not being a nihilist
>>
>>70028904
You need to stop going to /v/ for starters.
>>
>>70028640
It shouldn't pander to anyone. If it has a message fine, but shows that are hijacked by these themes to the point that it is to the detriment of story or character development become too tiresome and predictable. I just want something fresh and original.
Edit: Typo
>>
>>70028954
a message to one person is pandering to another.
again its all the same shit. you just dont like it so it is "pushing an agenda"

if you dont like it stop watching TV/movies from people who are not in your hugbox faggot.
>>
>>70027918
Just watch Xavier: Renegade Angel, broseph.
>>
So does anyone know of an exciting new show that is more concerned with having a compelling narrative and character interactions than being PC?
>>
>>70029146
Last Kingdom
>>
>>70029174
Interesting. I'll have to check that out. I love historical dramas.
>>
>>70029269
Great, just stick with it. It has great characters and intense scenes. A little slow in the start, but just give it time.
>>
>>70029341
Started watching this. So far it seems like honest, powerful stuff about the human condition and the brutality of Medieval life. Better than Game of Thrones has been in years. I used to think shows needed having a lot of seasons to be justified in watching, but then you realize quality over quantity. I like it already. Thanks /tv/
>>
File: goggle-boy.jpg (734 KB, 1545x1134) Image search: [Google]
goggle-boy.jpg
734 KB, 1545x1134
>>70030726
np m8, enjoy the show
>>
>>70030726
If you like Last Kingdom there's a fair chance you would like Vikings
>>
File: jetison_thread.png (931 KB, 1569x1165) Image search: [Google]
jetison_thread.png
931 KB, 1569x1165
>>70027918
>>
>>70031677
Well, it seem there's no good sci-fi anymore. I might watch Dark Matter when it starts up again in a few months, or a new Star Trek TV series if there ever is one, but it's a little bleak on future concepts right now. Mostly just stuff for the action crowd, or same old zombie apocalypse kind of thing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.