[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This film was fun as fuck, more like it? Bonus points for beautiful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: pierrot.png (595 KB, 1024x437) Image search: [Google]
pierrot.png
595 KB, 1024x437
This film was fun as fuck, more like it? Bonus points for beautiful enviroments.

And btw, the final quarter was just Godard Fucking around with us right? The film felt incredibly optimistic until that point
>>
>>70016992
B-bump
>>
>>70016992
>Looking for serious film discusiĆ³n on /tv/
>>
Week-End
>>
thought it was garbage desu, all over the place
>>
stopped watching halfway through

fuck godard goddamn, breathless also sucked
>>
>>70016992
good films aren't supposed to be "fun" op, they should be thought provoking and mind shattering. i'm not going to watch that low brow garbage
>>
daisies
>>
There aren't many movies like it. I thought it wasn't that great by the way

Here's some you may find similar enough:
>Thelma and Louise
>Jules and Jim
>My Life To Live (also a Godard)
>>
>>70017523
Kek

Fun is subjective retard. Persona or Stalker are more fun films to me that any other supposed fun or entertaining marvel garbage.

>>70017456
It's kinda a meme response nowadays, but you missed the point.
>>70017478
pleb
>>
>>70017578
Watched it, but thank you for the response.

>>70017606
Thank you for the respone anon, looking forward Juels and Jim, It's been on my backlog for quite some time now.
>>
File: 1461085414720.jpg (760 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
1461085414720.jpg
760 KB, 1650x1275
Batman v Superman
>>
>>70017700
>It's kinda a meme response nowadays, but you missed the point.

This is very likely. Can you explain what was to get in this movie?
>>
>>70017821
Pierrot le fou is the first Godard Movie you watched? The fractured narrative, the use of the brechtian distancing effect, and the overall aesthetic and sense of humor are something you have to get used to.
>>
>>70017947
No I've watched Breathless first and it was okay. Though after Pierrot le Fou I swore to never watch any of his movies again in fear of just wasting my time
>>
>>70017700
>pleb
come at me faggot ill rek u
>>
>>70018060
>I swore to never watch any of his movies again in fear of just wasting my time

You shouldn't tho. Watch Vivre Sa Vie, it's quite different to Pierrot Le fou Or Breathless, and arguably better than both.
>>
>>70017812

Should Godard direct wonder woman?
>>
>>70017741
Jules et Jim is pretty fun, the direction and the performances make it must watch alone, plus you can see where Wes Anderson took alot of his inspiration for his auteur signature
>>
File: contempt[1].jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
contempt[1].jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
Waifuism for particians
>>
File: 718051-bill-o-039-reilly.jpg (99 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
718051-bill-o-039-reilly.jpg
99 KB, 650x366
>>70016992
Seen multiple Godard films, like most "high art" cinema, it just seems masturbatory and self congratulatory. Would rather watch a Wes Anderson flick desu
>>
I honestly thought Pierrot was a sort of composite of every other typical Godard character and his self-destruction was analogous to the cynical blunted nature of these characters and their inability to survive outside of fiction
>>
>>70020312
>it just seems masturbatory and self congratulatory

You think that just because you probably have low self steem.
>>
>>70020751
You are just projecting anon,
>>
>>70019879
>fun
thought it was pretty grim desu
>>
>>70017423
Someone just deleted the BBC thread with some actual discussion in it, apparently we aren't allowed to discuss movies anymore
>>
>>70017523
Because art faggotry is the only thing worth living for, amirite?
>>
>>70016992
>the final quarter was just Godard Fucking around with us right? The film felt incredibly optimistic until that point
it's a riff on the young delinquent genre movie in which the criminals always get caught or die.

also
>optimism
>in a Godard movie
LOL
>>
>>70021571
well, maybe more absurdist than optimistic, but definetly not pessimistic.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.