[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite John Cassavetes film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Opening_night_image.jpg (262 KB, 1134x1600) Image search: [Google]
Opening_night_image.jpg
262 KB, 1134x1600
What's your favourite John Cassavetes film?
>>
>>70011536
Faces
>>
It's a toss up between Love Streams and A Woman Under the Influence.
>>
I recently watched 'Killing of a Chinese bookie', but stopped midway because I was too bored. Is yours any better? I would give him another shot
>>
The Dirty Dozen
>>
>>70011569
I don't think he's quite the filmmaker for you, anon. Which is fine.
>>
i've only ever seen this guy's name mentioned by pretentious characters

is anything of his on netflix
>>
>>70011628
>pretentious characters
That happens but don't let that stop you from watching some his stuff to make up your mind.

>is anything of his on netflix
Probably not.
>>
>>70011628
>>70011661
Opening Night used to be. Maybe that was just UK Netflix, I can't remember.
>>
Sloppy director, terrible characters, laughable dialogue, pretentious anti-plotting.
>>
Spider-Man 2
>>
Gloria
>>
>>70011569
Chinese Bookie is probably his slowest and (comparatively) least eventful, but most of his stuff is done in the same documentary-esque style, with a total focus on character and a non-existent plot. So, maybe give A Woman Under the Influence or Opening Night a chance, but like the other anon said, he just might not be the filmmaker for you.
>>
>10 posts
>no shadows
#baka
>>
>>70011536
for me so far:

AWUtI>KoaCB>Faces>Husbands>Love Streams, but really enjoy all of them. Shadows is probably next, then Gloria and Opening Night.

As an actor, he did really well in Husbands and Love Streams, also good in Rosemary's Baby
>>
WOMAN UNDER THE INFLUENCE
>>
I saw Faces and it was bad. I've seen better directed student films.
>>
>>70011551
This. Faces broke my heart, and I was about 15 when I first saw it.
>>
Woman Under the Influence > Chinese Bookie > that scene in Husbands where they make the woman sing.
>>
>>70011536
I've only seen Opening Night but I can't remember it well. I remember seeing it shortly after Black Swan and I remember them being similar.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.