[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 41
Why the hate?
>>
Too smart for Marvel fans.
>>
>>70010650
No henry cavill nude scene
>>
>He needs people to rehash old arguments from 2 years ago

go back to your cave anytime
>>
>>70010650
It was mediocre. I don't hate it
>>
>>70010650
Well, everything after Russel Crowe's segment.
>>
surely it has nothing to do with your autistic threads shilling for it every fuckin day
>>
>>70010650
Plebs are plebs for a reason
>>
>>70010650
dc cucks think their movies are superior and 'more intellectual' than marvel's when in reality it tries too hard to be philosophical and ends up being an awful mess full of plotholes, forced emotions and rushed effects.
MDC lost and /tv/ being the contrarians they are, cling to dc like it's some sort of messiah because they can't handle watching something the normies do, even if it's objectively better in every aspect LMAO
>>
File: 1460839731059.jpg (254 KB, 1080x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460839731059.jpg
254 KB, 1080x1024
>>70010650
>>
>>70010745
what was supposed to be more philosophical in bvs?
>>
>>70010745
>plotholes

like what?
>>
>expecting DC shit to be good
>>
>>70010650
"People hate what they don't understand"
>>
>>70011140
Holy shit why aren't more people talking about this kinomography?
>>
>>70010650
Because Henry Cavill is a wank actor. He was wooden as fuck in the bat v super
>>
>>70011140
I've read all the non-comic sources here. Can confirm, nothing but trivial similarities.

The republic has nothing to do with bvs. Morte d'arthur has almost no overlap seeing as how mortred was Arthur's son not Morgana's while in the movie DD is lex's.

I have no idea where Hamlet came from. Ideas about heroism or succession seem pretty fucking faint in its relevancy to bvs.
>>
File: it's alrite u horny.jpg (7 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
it's alrite u horny.jpg
7 KB, 300x200
>>70011252
>cavill
>wank
>wooden
anon is horny
#GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend
>>
>>70011302
>I've read all the non-comic sources here.
>memes
#CoolStoryBro
>>
File: Man of Steel.jpg (3 MB, 5400x2250) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel.jpg
3 MB, 5400x2250
>the action was incomprehensible!
>not muh superman!
>why is it so dark?!
>they made superman an emo!

These are the complaints I got from the critics who panned it
>>
>>70011140
Familiarity breeds contempt as well.
>>
>>70011678
Blue and orange!
>>
>>70011609
How about you give something more substantial.

>>70011302
Pretty much.

I spit on someone who tried to suggest there was anything from the Republic in MoS. or BvS
>>
File: thorsuperman1.jpg (30 KB, 500x828) Image search: [Google]
thorsuperman1.jpg
30 KB, 500x828
>>70010650
I didn't hate it.

I think its about as good as the first Thor movie/
>>
>>70011821
>I don't read Plato

Okay
>>
>>70010650
none from me, it and bvs were excellent and i loved zimmer's score

get over it comic book spergs
>>
>>70011140
I really like those posters
>>
>>70010650
No idea.

I mean just take a look at this scene. breathtaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg
>>
File: Apocalypse Now (2).jpg (2 MB, 4320x2739) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse Now (2).jpg
2 MB, 4320x2739
>>70011710
Blue and orange!
>>
>>70010782
I haven't cared to rewatch MoS in a while and I'm not rewatching BvS until the BR comes out so I'll name some of the obvious ones I remember.

MoS:
-Why did the Kryptonians take Lois Lane hostage on their ship (other than to have Jor-El conveniently give more exposition to the audience through her)?
-Why does Kal-El think Earth needs an alien space messiah to help them rise up and "join them in the sun" or whatever the fuck he said? All sending Supes down there would do is almost guarantee that alien threats would follow him to Earth, assuming the world ever found out his identity.

BvS:
-Why does Lex Luthor think creating an unstoppable monster named fucking DOOMSDAY is a solution to the unstoppable alien threat he's trying to protect us from? What was his plan to stop Doomsday once it killed Superman? Does he have influence over Doomsday? Who fucking knows? The movie didn't care to explain it to us.
-How the fuck does Lex Luthor even know how to use Kryptoninan technology? Is it just so user-friendly that any human can tell the computer what to do?
-If Kryptonian society was so eugenics-obsessed, why did it even allow Luthor to intentionally create a genetic abberation or whatever it was called?
-How does Lex Luthor know both Batman and Superman's secret identities? oh i guess if you're a rich and powerful bad guy in a movie then you're allowed to do literally anything (even break logic) because money and rich white people are evil

Just wait until the BvS ultimate edition comes out and people can REALLY tear this movie a new one.
>>
>>70011821
>I spit on someone who tried to suggest there was anything from the Republic in MoS
Krypton is structured after Socrates thought experiment of how a government should be run in the Republic (planned reproduction, philosopher-king ruling class, caste system, etc) and Clark repudiates Gorgias notion that someone with supreme power would use it only for their own benefit. Clark is even seen reading the Republic in MoS.

Anyone who has actually read the Republic should be able to easily recognize the similarities.
>>
>>70010650

MOS and BVS were better than Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 for me. Better score, better action more memorable villains. Higher stakes etc.

I know there is alot in the news about DC changing their corporate heirarchy and doing a "course correction," but I like that they are doing. I think Disney would be better if they didn't keep making such safe and boring movies. Try and put something together with an interesting villain or plot for once.
>>
>>70012012
Mcucks BTFO
>>
File: bait.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>70011821
TFW anon replies to himself after realizing his bullshit >>70011302 was bad bait
>>
>>70011871
>hurr durr he thinks I don't read Plato

Alright fucktard.

Explain the differences between The Apology and the rest of Plato's writings. And explain how the Republic is different from the Apology even though they feature the same main speak - Socrates.
>>
File: nice try.png (49 KB, 555x167) Image search: [Google]
nice try.png
49 KB, 555x167
>>70012249
>>
>>70011302
>The republic has nothing to do with bvs

You're right. But the poster is saying it has to do with MoS, not BvS

Clark is reading the republic when it flashes back to him being bullied and he's clenching the fence post. It relates to the scene because his former bully offers to help him up
>>
File: bane feels funny.jpg (35 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
bane feels funny.jpg
35 KB, 800x532
>>70012280
now is not the time for screenshots
that comes after you've been raped enough
>>
File: 1462961954693.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462961954693.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>70012012
>Krypton is structured after Socrates thought experiment

Its not Socrates's experiment . If you knew your greek philo you would know this

>Krypton is structured after how a government should be run in the Republic (planned reproduction, philosopher-king ruling class, caste system, etc)

Actually the model of planned reproduction, the philosopher king and the caste system is tied towards the improvement of the self. Or rather. A better soul: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ancient-soul/#3.2

All you cucks seem to think that philosophers like Plato and Nietzsche talk about idealized states when they're actually talking about ideal beings. The philosopher king isn't some ideal despot, tis your fucking brain. YOU are the philosopher-king. YOU are supposed to better your life. If you can make an argument of Kal-El as a philosopher king, enlightened by the world around him, sure, but you faggots just don't seem to get that

Also the First Avenger did a better exploration of such themes by showing the Red Skull as an actual intellectual supremacist he saw that the best way to rule was to make one a better man. Its why he considered Cap ana ffront

>Clark repudiates Gorgias notion that someone with supreme power would use it only for their own benefit.
He never outright said this.

>Clark is even seen reading the Republic in MoS.
And he doesn't quote from it. Next you'll say that Nietsche was a profound effect on the Smallvile TV series just ebcause a book by him appeared in it

>Anyone who has actually read the Republic should be able to easily recognize the similarities.

Just like how you can compare Grandma's Peach Tea to Piss Christ, right?
>>
>not muh superman!
>hack snyder isn't allowed to play with my toys like that!

It had The greatest opening in capeshit that makes all of space marvel obsolete. The greatest villian in capeshit. And it had the best action in capeshit.

They hate it because it wasn't as throw away and forgettable as marvel shovelflicks. There wasn't the quipy dialogue you could quote with your friends and it wasn't as escapism as marvel flicks. In the avengers, the goberment tries to nuke NYC and the end is a gag with the hulk waking Tony up from suffocation with a comedic yell. People wanted no consequences or stakes, MoS failed to deliver that.
>>
did man of steel make anyone else cry?
>>
File: Esonsearcher.png (382 KB, 502x617) Image search: [Google]
Esonsearcher.png
382 KB, 502x617
>>70012665
>It had The greatest opening in capeshit that makes all of space marvel obsolete.

Oh God I'm laughing

>>70012665
>The greatest villian in capeshit.

I'm seriously fucking laughing

>>70012665
>And it had the best action in capeshit.

Oh god he really thinks this

>>70012665
>, the goberment tries to nuke NYC

Which the Avengers prevented

>consequences
There were consequences idiot. People died. There were memorial. But they also knew the Avengers saved them. And stopped both an alien assault and a nuke attack.

And people still doubt them.

Dkeks, everyone. They think all their movies, even their worst ones, are high art.

Also, I'm more interested in when pic related will appear again. Marvel knows what they're doing - thats why their movies meet their expectations and people are interested in the next movie, while DCEU flounders about trying to remake Nolanman.
>>
>>70012477
I hope you're trolling, because much of this is total gibberish and the parts that aren't gibberish are completely wrong.
>>
>>70013227
MCU literally a shit

MoS is fucking artful, soulful, contemplative and rife with consequence.

Take your garbage holocaust denying marvel drone ass back to you know where
>>
>>70012477
>He never outright said this.
He shows it with his actions you fucking retard.
>>
I don't hate it

I just have 0 interest in watching it

nothing interesting about a pure-hearted unbeatable demigod punching the bad guys
>>
File: 1432848269294.jpg (339 KB, 853x1266) Image search: [Google]
1432848269294.jpg
339 KB, 853x1266
>>70013347
Oh, and the gibberish from Dcucks isn't any better or completely wrong either?

I really am impressed by the lengths some people go to defend a bad movie. Or be contrarian to whats popular right now.

Say what you want about Marvel, but theya r entertaining. I actually care about whats going to happen next. Yes, they most likely will suck after Thanos, but thats the payoff. Thats what I'm waiting for. DC just can't deliver with Darkseid. The greatest villains the DCU faces was not from Apokolips, but from the Anti-Monitor, and then Hal Jordan. Only Darkseid was shoehorned in for Final Crisis. And that was an incredibly convoluted story.
>>
I think by the end of this capeshit craze MoS will be the only particularly memorable movie of the whole bunch, definitely the best superhero movie.
>>
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandpopculture/2013/07/superman-not-just-a-man-but-a-just-man/

By an author with a PhD in English lit, clearly demonstrating the parallels between Plato's Republic and Man of Steel.
>>
File: Red-skull.jpg (150 KB, 1500x998) Image search: [Google]
Red-skull.jpg
150 KB, 1500x998
>>70013377
>He shows it with his actions you fucking retard.

I can say the Red Skull showcases Nietzsche's ideology of the betterment of the self and the strive to become the Übermensch by his actions and his talk of "becoming more than human".

Hell, he said this line:

"You are deluded, Captain. You pretend to be a simple soldier, but in reality you are just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind. Unlike you, I embrace it proudly. Without fear!"

I'd say The First Avenger dealt with its themes of intellectual fascism and combating it better than Man of Steel did.
>>
>>70013362
Back to 4chan? Sure.

Oh wait. I'm in 4chan.

Why don't you take your contrarian-loving ass back to rebbit. I heard they have prayer circles there
>>
>>70013552
you don't want to do that, pontificating about comics with shallow comparisons to higher material is a DC thing.
>>
>Snyder’s Superman in Man of Steel is Plato’s just man. On the one hand, he has all the power of Gyges, the ability in the human realm to do whatever he chooses without consequences. In other words, only his own character can prevent him from acting unjustly. And for much of the movie, he is regarded by virtually everyone with suspicion rather than adulation. His youthful acts of heroism make him appear a freak rather than a protector. In the scene where he is shown reading Plato, he is tormented by bullies but refuses to retaliate, even though his strength is sufficient to decimate them. The culmination of this dishonor comes when General Zod arrives at Earth and demands an audience with Superman. At this point, Superman voluntarily turns himself in, allowing himself to be taken away in handcuffs by the American military. He chooses the just course of action despite skepticism from humanity and disgust from Kryptonians, and even though he retains the power to refuse.

>All told, then, Man of Steel would appear to reject Plato’s overarching picture of the ideal society by depicting it as the dying civilization of Krypton, while at the same time affirming Plato’s vision of what justice looks like when manifested on the individual level
>>
>>70012813
No, but BvS did.

"You, are my world." ;_;
>>
File: it's TIME to STOP REPOSTING.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
it's TIME to STOP REPOSTING.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>>70013621
>posts rebbit.jpg
>asks anon to go back
>>
>>70013526
>PhD in English lit
>>
i loved it. i think because he killed Zod it got a lot of hate basically.
>>
>>70011982
>Why did the Kryptonians take Lois Lane hostage on their ship
To have some leverage against Clark

>Why does Kal-El think Earth needs an alien space messiah to help them rise up
Because it would be easier than them doing it themselves. Besides, he wants his son to be a god, is that so bizarre?

As for the sun comment, Kryptonian religion is based around a sun-god Rao, but they didn't cover that in the film so I think it was just a little reference that Zach wanted to make.
>>
>>70013843
>To have some leverage against Clark
How did they know she and Clark had a thing?
>>
>>70013648
It can be a Marvel thing to.

Someday I'm gonna do it. Maybe make an infographic. People will say I'm trying to ape a DC meme. No matter.

I got more out of the MCU than anything from DC.
>>
>>70011958
There's green there. You just got btfo by yourself
>>
>>70013800
Bruh, that is a picture DEFINING what rebbit posters are like.

>>70013760
Its cliched as all hell. Its why BvS didn't work. Why should we care about Superman?
>>
>>70011982
>-Why does Kal-El think Earth needs an alien space messiah to help them rise up and "join them in the sun" or whatever the fuck he said?
Because they copied that from the comics where he is paradoxically an ideal human, someone the whole world looks up to, someone who embodies not only power but also the best of humanity. Snyder Superman is the Old Testament YHWH, meant to be feared and worshiped.
>>
>>70013892
You won't. You can't.
>>
>>70013872
Presumably they had footage transmitted to them by the ship whose security system alerted them to the presence of Clark in the first place. But a group capable of simultaneously hijacking all of Earth's communications networks probably have other means also.

Don't be afraid to make a few logical assertions.
>>
>>70013892
>I got more out of the MCU than anything from DC.
What did you get? That bad guys are bad and you should punch them until they stop?
>>
>>70013382
>nothing interesting about a pure-hearted unbeatable demigod punching the bad guys

Actually a lot of the criticism leveled at the movie is that it is not this. The idea that Superman is not hypercapable of saving the day in every respect bothers people.
>>
>>70013896
There's green in the MoS one too
>>
>>70014049
Civil war threads had more discussion on who was right and wrong than BvS, sorry babe.
>>
>>70014049
I prefer DC but still got something out of the MCU. The GotG soundtrack. Good tunes desu.
>>
Where to start...

>"it's not an S it mean hope"
>"I WILL FIND HIM"
>"the worlds too big mom....then make it small"

An illiterate autist could write better dialogue for those scenes

>Muh science was right, your ignorance has doomed us all and now theres only a few precious hours-days before the planet explodes!

can't we evacuate a selection portion of the population and start over on a new world? Aren't we so lousy with space craft that we use them for imprisonment of a total of 6-8 people?

so they cooked the plot from the start

>entire reason behind superman becoming a hero is completely cooked
>gloomy as all fuck, scene where he's looking at the FUCKING SUN and its like dimmer than those shitty earth scenes from Sunshine

The killer (for me)
>Doesn't stand for anything besides "no one gets to collateral kill besides me zod, hold still while I break your neck and then promptly feel bad despite you giving me no choice some how"

What the fucking fuck you establish a character properly and then scenes like this become meaningful!

He kills him because the plot demands that he not just use any of his previously seen power to move zod out of the way of the people, and then he has a massive cry because little do we know this superman read the comics and knows that his existence is a betrayal to the character.

also
the action is repetitive
the interactions of humans in the climax is filler
the semi final boss is a formless tentacle monster
>that is defeated by superman trying that little bit harder comethefuckon

Final thought

If the S was meant to symbolise hope
and the heroism of superman inspires hope

why did this flick feel so depressing
>>
>>70013896
>considering blue and green to be different colours
you silly western people
>>
>>70014115

That's because BvS/MoS aren't about who's right and who's wrong. There are shades of grey.
>>
>>70014162
>this movie only has two colours!

>there are only two colours in existence!

?
>>
>>70014147
>why did this flick feel so depressing
No quips.
>>
File: Tears.jpg (42 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
Tears.jpg
42 KB, 500x341
>>70013936
>anon has broken down due to his insecurity being fueled.
>>
"It's a never ending battle"
"But you can't give in"

>If i wanted it you'd be bread 20 minutes ago bateman

one of these direct quotes is not of the source material
>>
File: 1461685890345.jpg (220 KB, 993x728) Image search: [Google]
1461685890345.jpg
220 KB, 993x728
>>70014014
Try me, faggit

It'll come

>>70014049
>The First Avenger

That World War 2 was not just a fight agaisnt racists, but a larger fight against intellectual fascism. Fascism typified by Schopenhauer and Nietzsche, and had entranced the likes of intellectuals including Heidegger. And that even the weakest man (like Steve Rogers) could harbour the greatest potential with the right opportunity.

>The Avengers

The old-fashion moral that with teamwork, even ideological opposites can work together to beat back a common evil

>The Winter Soldier

A commentary on the current drone-based combat, where a lot of our bombings and litary runs are done by drone strikes. Thats the future we live in. It isn't freedom: it is fear.

>Civil War

Oh boy, where do I start? Steve, now distrusting of authority figures, vs Tony, the futurist, who sees all and thinks what he does is best for you. How sticking out for a friend may not be the best thing, even though most people are willing to go that far. That the same kind of unity that was typified in the Avengers can be easily undone if people exploit their true weakness, as opposed to trying to hit them harder. And I could go on.
>>
File: autism level over 9000.jpg (30 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autism level over 9000.jpg
30 KB, 514x536
>>70014115
>civil
>war
>discussion
Even retards are genius if you consider this comment
>>
File: dc is reddit 2.png (269 KB, 1494x358) Image search: [Google]
dc is reddit 2.png
269 KB, 1494x358
>>70014180
>>shades of grey

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zod was wrong. Luthor was wrong. Fuck off.

>>70014237
My point still stands.

Why should we care about Superman?
>>
>>70014025
>don't afraid to make connections that aren't there
OK
>>
>>70014206
when the fuck did i say that there were only two colours

it's just that green and blue are part of the same colour. treating them as two separate colours is very occidental
>>
I don't care about capeshit but in the end Snyder was right.
Man of Steel and Thor: Dark World were both released in 2013 but only one of these film is still being discussed this day.
He did it. He managed to create a film that will always spark a discussion. Meanwhile no one cares about Marvel flicks.
From an artistic point of view, DC has the upper hand.
>>
File: jon peters.jpg (179 KB, 998x2533) Image search: [Google]
jon peters.jpg
179 KB, 998x2533
>>70014147
>the semi final boss is a formless tentacle monster
Giant spider bro
>>
File: based evans.jpg (133 KB, 700x398) Image search: [Google]
based evans.jpg
133 KB, 700x398
>>70014270
Whats wrong, dcuck.

Triggered that even /co/ stil talks about Civil War and its implications up til now?
>>
File: burn.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
>>70014147
>An illiterate autist
you
>can't we evacuate a selection portion of the population and start over on a new world?
only you
>The killer (for me)
just kill yourself
>What the fucking fuck
/you
>repetitive
/your thoughts like a schizophrenic
>depressing
indeed
Kek
>>
>>70014321
We still talk about the Avenegrs. And Iron Man. And The First Avenger.

Picking the Dark World is like picking the mute kid because he can't speak.

Snyder a shit.
>>
>>70014299
Zod was trying to save his people while operating under a genetically programmed tendency towards violence.

Luthor was wrong, sure. Batman and Superman were wrong in some respects, right in others. In other words, they were operating on a non-absolute scale of morality. Eat a fucking dick you faggot-ass dimwit.
>>
File: batman lost it.jpg (76 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
batman lost it.jpg
76 KB, 519x600
>>70014299
>>Fuck off
>2months
>anon is still mad becoz of his insecurity
>>
>>70014147
"then make it small" sounds like it's straight from a tumblr comic
>>
>>70014348
Jesus.

Can you pick a better maymay source?

http://weknowmemes.com/tag/ashton-kutcher-burn/
>>
>>70014313

Why is green blue? Green is yellow also. If green is blue then orange is red, purples tend towards either blue or red. My bad, I guess there'd be three colours, since yellow would stand on its own.
>>
File: underwater-570.jpg (71 KB, 570x237) Image search: [Google]
underwater-570.jpg
71 KB, 570x237
>>70014229
thank fuck for you replying anon

Depressing because (pic related)
this is not the image that comes to mind when i think of hope...or superman

>mute colour tone
>outcast youth status
>pointless dad death
>hostile relations with his own country's military
>Metropolis gets rekt in a fashion that puts 9/11 to shame

I hope you can see what i'm feeling with this
>>
File: cera insulting.jpg (97 KB, 573x493) Image search: [Google]
cera insulting.jpg
97 KB, 573x493
>>70014340
>civil war
Level of autists is over 9000 is you don't see the antithesis & not one autist realized that
>implications
>shield destroyed in WS
>AoS still ongoing
>Movie characters are incapable of dealing with their own issues
>fillers
kill MCU off this instant.
make a sitcom
it'll still make money....for you
>>
>>70014375
>Zod was trying to save his people while operating under a genetically programmed tendency towards violence.

That means he is still wrong. Solving problems with violence is not the answer. Why do you think people fault MoS as glorifying violence? Its why a commebt about BvS was that it was made as a response to Superman's callous violence in MoS.

>Batman and Superman were wrong in some respects, right in others. In other words, they were operating on a non-absolute scale of morality

But they are both still heroes. If they are shades of grey, sure, but they are no different from Captain "I don't trust the government" America and Iron "I know better than you" Man.

>Luthor was wrong, sure.

>Eat a fucking dick you faggot-ass dimwit.

No you, you limp-wristed, spineless, small dick twink faggot motherfucker.
>>
>>70014456
So it's a bad film because it didn't give you warm fuzzies? You sound like a woman.
>>
>>70014372
>We still talk about the Avenegrs. And Iron Man. And The First Avenger.
But we don't anon. The Avengers is the only one that gets some discussions and even then it looks like a cheap direct-to-TV film compared to DC.
>>
>>70014456
do you actually find a destroyed city in an action movie poignant? did you cry during war of the worlds?
>>
>>70014431
why is light blue the same colour as dark blue you fuckwit

green isn't yellow, these are two separate colours

learn to think outside of your little western world bubble
>>
>>70014493
He's just baiting, by pretending to be a fucking retard.
>>
>>70014479
We already got a sitcom :^)

Its called Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>70014348
what did you like about the mov anon?
>>
File: man-of-steel.png (1 MB, 1024x1492) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel.png
1 MB, 1024x1492
>Superman will never kill you
>>
>>70014514

green is the combination of blue and yellow

this is L I T E R A L L Y kindergarten-level stuff here anon
>>
>>70014501
We do anon. You just aren't around when the threads appear. In contrast, DC threads keep being spammed because contrarians just love the attention.

And hell, a good movie doesn't need a thread all the time. A bad one does, though

>The Avengers is the only one that gets some discussions and even then it looks like a cheap direct-to-TV film compared to DC.

I'm sorry, but D has worse direct-to-TV films. You never watched Green Lantern? Its really tvkino
>>
>>70014590
Nah he's correct, the only threads about avengers when it came out were the ones shitting on that terrible movie.
>>
File: Capture.png (69 KB, 178x141) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
69 KB, 178x141
>>70014556
better pic
he looks like someone made fun of his hair and he can't think of a comeback
>>
>>70014561
>green being the combination of blue and yellow means that green = yellow somehow

how's kindergarten going for you?
>>
File: 1459472207207.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
1459472207207.jpg
448 KB, 2000x1134
It's pleb trash for low IQ twitter movie buffs
>>
>>70014703

This is going to be one of those "I was just pretending to be retarded ¦:^)" things, isn't it.
>>
>>70010650
didn't hate it but it just lost me because of the end.

I don't care about "muh superman" complaints because I don't give a fuck about comics frankly, I just felt the scene was way too long and visually ugly to watch.

Also the infamous invincible son scene felt like a rather contrived injection of melodrama and just came off as silly at the time. The film was already doing fine on the emotional front before that scene too so it just felt out of place.

But then again this is coming from someone who hasn't seen 95% of capeshit due to lack of interest so I guess I was destined to forget about it.
>>
>>70014493

Did you see the other post?
Its badly written and edited but otherwise a 6-7/10
>>70014504
War of the worlds didn't have superman in it
the sad part is not that muh sad shit happened

its that it happens within the presence of, literally the one guy in all of fiction, most always prevents it from happening
>>
>>70010650
Because cucks still think whining and throwing outrage at [pop culture thing X] over social media is very very important for achieving a "progressive" society, even though most normal people just find them mildly annoying or just don't care. And they continue to cry and rage like sloppy little bitches, as if their whole world won't be completely obliterated once Trump takes office.
>>
>>70014640
Neah bruh. People still love the Avengers up till now.
>>
File: bait so bad bane be calm.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
bait so bad bane be calm.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>70014536
>>70014556
>>70014667
>>
>>70014728
oh no, you caught me in the act of le ebin troll baiting™

just because you can't understand the simple fact that most societies see green and blue as part of the same colour just as you see cyan and dark blue as the same one, doesn't mean i'm retarded or baiting
>>
>>70014798
delusional

>Neah bruh
the fuck do you type like that for
>>
>>70014775
>le superhero can't stop everything so he's sad trope
it got old by the time the spiderman movies were over and done with
>>
>>70011982
>-Why did the Kryptonians take Lois Lane hostage on their ship (other than to have Jor-El conveniently give more exposition to the audience through her)?

Zod performed a mental interrogation to Lois the same with he did to Supes while they were both on the ship. Lois even says so after they land back on Earth. Zod knew Lois was close to Supes.

>-Why does Kal-El think Earth needs an alien space messiah to help them rise up and "join them in the sun" or whatever the fuck he said? All sending Supes down there would do is almost guarantee that alien threats would follow him to Earth, assuming the world ever found out his identity.

First of all its Jor-El. Kal is Superman. This is the metaphor that the son (Jesus, Supes) of the father (God, Jor-El) is here to spread good word and lead by example. The parallel is there are consequences. Those are explored in BvS. This is pretty basic stuff, anon

I'm not even going to begin answering your BvS questions, considering the questions you asked about MoS prove its over your head to begin with. You throw around the words 'plot hole' and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: nolan.jpg (102 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
nolan.jpg
102 KB, 600x357
>“I’ve always loved films that approach sound in an impressionistic way and that is an unusual approach for a mainstream blockbuster, but I feel it’s the right approach for this experiential film,” said Nolan. “I don’t agree with the idea that you can only achieve clarity through dialogue. Clarity of story, clarity of emotions — I try to achieve that in a very layered way using all the different things at my disposal — picture and sound.”
>"That’s the way I like to work; I don’t like to hang everything on one particular line.”

>According to a new in-depth profile in The Guardian, when Warner Bros. asked if director Zack Snyder would add a “comedy coda ending, in the style of Marvel,” a reply came back from Nolan, Man of Steel’s executive producer - “A real movie wouldn’t do that.”

>“My films are always held to a weirdly high standard … [that] isn’t applied to everybody else’s films, which I’m fine with,” said Nolan.
>>
File: the man of steel.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
the man of steel.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
Why do people think superheroes have to be exactly the same on screen as in the comics?

You utterly stupid faggots. Different mediums call for different expression.

Man of Steel is Superman made for screen. If anything, it's not dark enough. But it was a work of art, as was Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>70014931
ah nolan, at least you had the decency to bail on the garbage ship that is the DCU when you saw it was turning foul.
>>
>>70011982
>Does he have influence over Doomsday? Who fucking knows? The movie didn't care to explain it to us.

Technically they did. The first thing Doomsday does on being born is try to pulverize Lex, so no, Lex has absolutely no control of the monster.
Which makes his plan dumber if anything.
>>
>>70014909
>when I go to the freezer I am disappointed to find it full of cocks
capeshit comes wrapped with the expectation of heroism

or do you not understand the point of 90% of superHEROS
>>
>>70014953
They don't have any real arguments for why it's bad so just invent some for the sake of it.
>>
File: MCUcks cuckolded.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
MCUcks cuckolded.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>70014725
>>70014730
>>70014780

>2months
>anon is still insecure
>>
>>70014880

Alright, explain to me: why is green the same as blue?
>>
>>70014908
delusional

Also you are not the boss of me.
>>
>>70014931
>"I don’t agree with the idea that you can only achieve clarity through dialogue."
>Christopher Nolan said this
>>
>>70015056
since you can't be fucking bothered to do the research yourself, here you go you fucktard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue–green_distinction_in_language
>>
File: zacksnyder.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
zacksnyder.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
>>70014953
>If anything, it's not dark enough.
Agreed, Clark should've been raped by the tentacle machine.
>>
File: Henry Cavill-SPX-074129.jpg (64 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
Henry Cavill-SPX-074129.jpg
64 KB, 399x600
Henry Cavill is so fucking sexy. British men really are master race.
>>
>>70015063
/tv/ never liked the avengers, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>70015164
yeah, it's really a shame he couldn't act his way through a middle school play as a tree.
>>
>>70014798
People also love Minions, what's your point?
>>
>>70015210
Neither can Chris Evans but you don't hear people complain.

>funeral of the former love of your life yet it occurs while you're still young
>smiling and flirting with her niece the same day

Fuck Marvel is retarded.
>>
>>70015105
>linguistic quirks overrule actual, perceptible physics
>>
>>70015279
clearly you must be devoid of any rational thinking abilities so i will gently exit this conversation with you and call it a day

you know where you can go back to
>>
>>70015258
love of your life? are you a virgin? he flirted with her a couple times
>>
Honestly, none of what we argue about really matters. We can sit here and scream at each other about symbolism and not muh superman and muh symbolism until we're blue in the face.

What really matters, for these companies at least, is $$$$.

Or rather, "Is this making money"?

Unfortunately for BvS, it struggled just to make it's money back during it's entire runtime, while Civil War shot up to a billion in less than a month, and still climbing.
>>
File: super empire.jpg (269 KB, 1024x1320) Image search: [Google]
super empire.jpg
269 KB, 1024x1320
>>70015164
>master race
>inb4 DCEU
>>
>>70015342
yeah, winners are known for sounding the retreat, faggot
>>
File: 14639.jpg (6 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
14639.jpg
6 KB, 243x207
>>70015043
>clearly state that I haven't seen 95% of capeshit
>you think I'm a marvel fan

Do you have a brain injury? Did you like capeshit before or after the accident?
>>
>>70015373
Civil War was established due to the prior Marvel films. The biggest mistake WB and fanboys make is the audience knows the characters. We are living in a digital age, the folks that watch films are both kids and adults corps need to know how to target them.

Personal example, I will wait for justice league because wonder woman is in it. But cus, she is in Bvs... really?, yes. Film ended its run 2 weeks later.
>>
>>70014261
>Fascism typified by Schopenhauer and Nietzsche
Confirmed retard who has read neither Schopenhaeur nor Nietzsche.
>>
>>70010670
It's now three years

I love these discussions, it's like debating society, a real mental workout for those who've decided to pretend they like this crappy film. At this point, the mental effort that's been put into defending it on 4chan must outstrip the thought and consideration expended on the actual production of the film by a factor of ten AT LEAST

The trolling around this movie is like a huge piece of crowd sourced performance art and I love it.

BRAVO
>>
>>70018240
Don't need to pretend to like it since it's actually one of the best capeshit films ever made, maybe the best.
>>
>>70010650
Best Capeshit ever. Not even memeing
>>
The butthurt on /co/ after the man of steel RLM review was something unreal. People over there get really worked up over capeshit movies.
>>
>>70012039
If you're after high stakes, go watch all the Brosnan Bond stuff. Hardly makes it better. Butch saving Marcellus in Pulp Fiction has better stakes to me than Phoenix killing Apoc in X-men.
>>
File: Composure.jpg (108 KB, 1284x949) Image search: [Google]
Composure.jpg
108 KB, 1284x949
>>70010650
>i share a board with people that are either contrarian or so braindead they can't see objective flaws like a monotone narrative, edits that make you feel like you're in the middle of scenes, poor acting, weak dialogue and a 13 year old's attempt at maturity
wew lad
>>
>>70014261
Good post.
>>
don't bother. you're arguing with /co/
>>
Anybody have a link for the JUST video? Can't seem to find it on Youtube.
>>
>>70018287
Bravo! Could I trouble you for a long-winded explanation of how this film isn't terrible, full of circular logic and blind delusion? I love those
>>
>>70019918
How about you watch it and instead of switching your brain off you actually engage it?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 990x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 990x557
>>70012254
>I read Plato
>>
>>70021700
I don't think MCU fans are capable of that.

If they were they wouldn't be MCU fans.
>>
the thing about snyder is that a few tweaks and he could be fully legit
the mcu is long gone into its endless commercial where they take advantage of assumed empathy to basically stall

the only thing snyder lacks is taking the deep dive into building dramatic tension. sure the scale and logistics may be there but the emotional build at the micro level doesn't match the macro level melodrama. the slow build to the emotional climax isn't seeded well enough to get the needed payoff
that aside, in the grand scheme of things, its capeshit. the consolewar is bunk as essentially you're all buying into the same thing
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.