[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about this character that triggers normies and red*itters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 28
File: latest[1].jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
40 KB, 512x512
What is it about this character that triggers normies and red*itters so much?

Is it the fact that he is punishing the STRONK FEMALE characters like Cersei and Margaery?

Is it the fact that he represents some kind of religious moral authority that is stamping out degeneracy?

Is it the fact that he presents an obstacle to the normies of the show continuously sexing about, collecting wealth, holding parties, and doing normie things?
>>
>>70007987
I didn't know james whitmore was still alive
>>
S H O E S
H
O
E
S
>>
>>70007987
they're big pirates of the caribbean fans and sad to see governor swan as a villain
>>
Haha ebic post my good friend!! You're so edgy and contrarian, I wish I could be friends with you IRL (IN REAL LIFE). Haha once again amazing post! Upvoted for teh lulz.
>>
>>70008151
triggered as fuck
>>
>>70007987
>triggers normies and red*itters

really? I thought he just triggered /pol/ because of his superficial similarities to bernie sanders.
>>
>>70008140
But Governor Weatherby Swann was a villain
>>
>>70007987

I like him cause he represents Cersei's incompetence. She empowered a bunch of religious nuts and couldn't see how that may backfire on her. Watching her be crazy and incompetent is pretty entertaining desu. I wish the show focused more on the iron throne and less on fucking zombies and fairies.
>>
>>70007987
mad liberals, I swear georg rr martini is a troll every time like that build up to that guys head getting crushed by that huge guy
>>
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL MY WHY JAMES WHITMORE IS PLAYING IN GAME OF THRONES ALTHOUGH HE IS KILL
>>
>>70007987
he's boring as fuck

says the same shit in every scene and is generally poorly written
>>
>>70007987
Most normies self insert and sympathise with the main characters which are nearly all nobles, when this guy comes arround and want to punish nobles it makes him a villain for normies.
>>
>>70008151
If anything you'd be the one that is contrarian going against all those things he points out.

This is the way of the world, admit your sins anon.
>>
Because the show has, for some reason, decided to make Cersei some kind of tragic heroine for the modern age.

Book Cersei is a sociopathic, narcissistic, backstabbing drunken whore. Show Cersei is all these things too...but because they have Headey make a :( face and talk about how much she loves her children ALL THE TIME, somehow it's all OK.

A character that is meant to be warning against corruption, spoiled children, ego and arrogance has...surprise surprise...turned into a tubmlr heroine. She's an empowered woman, meaning she can do whatever she wants regardless of legality, morality, sanity or duty.

If anyone tries to stop her being an entitled bitch they are a de facto villain.
>>
>>70007987
He stands up to degeneracy, naturally he is hated by degenerates.
>>
>>70008640
Best post of the week, anon.
>>
File: ciawig.jpg (380 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
ciawig.jpg
380 KB, 757x720
>>70008140
Governor Swann, I'm East India Company.
>>
I just don't like him because he's long-winded and that makes for boring scenes. If that wasn't the case I'd finally be cheering for a hero to cleanse the filth out of Westeros
>>
He reminds them of bernie, and they get reminded that the commie lost.
>>
Buttmad athiestfags
>>
>Pryce went from fantastic movies like Brazil and Ronin to fucking GoT
He deserves to end his career on a better note.
>>
>>70008540

I think part of that is Lena herself. If you listen to her commentaries she clearly sees Cersei as a sympathetic, battered housewife who loves her children and will do anything for them. Which is true but overlooks how terrible a human being she's been since childhood.
>>
>>70008892

Perhaps he's wondering why you'd shoot a man before making him walk the plank.
>>
/got/ general---->
>>
>>70008315
because that's jonathan pryce you asshole
>>
>>70008316
his scenes are the best m8 :^)
>>
He's like /pol/, except he's intelligent, wise, not obnoxious, and not underaged.
>>
>>70008892
>Not replacing the plane with a British man-o-war
>>
>>70010125
>he's intelligent, wise, not obnoxious
Eh
>>
I like him, he reminds me of Camille Desmoulins
>>
>>70009229
this is what i've heard, but honestly, when has cersei's blind devotion to her children ever served them or anyone else?

she let joffrey make a fool out of himself, and sabotage his kingdom

she was set to poison tommen in the throne room

she tried tried to murder tyrion because in her rage she assumed it was him when it didn't make any sense
>>
keep it in the general thread
>>
>>70007987
religious extremism tends to trigger non-retards retard
>>
>>70008540
Dude, they are just trying to make her a little more sympathetic, it's ok. We don't need 10 Ramseys in the show.
>>
>>70007987
>noshoes means I'm righteous af guyz!
>I torture people but I'm super good and faithful
>I had a party once and it was awful, never doing that again
Something like that.
>>
possibly that he's written in such a repetitive and momentum-killing way. bathroom break: the character
>>
You know thinking about it, I think he's a psychopath. He was talking about his former life and how he was never satisfied etc.. He's still a psychopath, but now he's a religious one instead of a moneygrubbing one. I'd have to watch the scene again I think, but it's so boring to listen to this guy talk.
>>
File: lewd overload.gif (1 MB, 738x761) Image search: [Google]
lewd overload.gif
1 MB, 738x761
>>70010499
>10 Ramseys in the show.
W... would they all be shirtless together?
>>
>>70010651
He's not a psychopath, he's a decadent. That's why he has to take a shit on everything strong and beautiful and run around inventing gods that don't exist.
>>
>>70007987
Unless you're a /pol/ newfag or sleeping because of how boring his character is, you should dislike him too.

>>70010499
Honestly, he kinda has a point. Ever since Tommen got married, the only time the show acknowledged how much of a terrible person she is was when Cersei kinda sorta admitted it to herself once. Other than that, they've been strictly following this tragic heroine angle.
>>
>>70007987
He annoys me from the aspect of how is some homeless guy with a bunch of teenagers wielding clubs able to just do whatever they want and kidnap the queen with no consequence from the actual trained, armed military
>>
>>70010800
Well if the military are all indoctrinated, they're not gonna go knock down a church and kill a priest, right? they probably will
>>
>>70008540
>le bookfag superiority
This is why you're a virgin, anon.
>>
>>70008540
What are you talking about, nobody likes her. She's the biggest cunt on the show, just remember how smugly she smiled when Oberyn's skull was crushed.
>>
>>70010800
isnt it more a political thing? plus they have hostages
>>
>>70009178
>He deserves to end his career on a better note.
I bet you think Pope Francis is a real person
>>
>>70010800
Tommen is the weak, indecisive king that's letting it go on in case you forgot.
>>
>>70008540
go to /lit/ if you want to discuss the book
>>
File: terry.jpg (20 KB, 250x294) Image search: [Google]
terry.jpg
20 KB, 250x294
>>70007987

You're a living joke, OP.
>>
File: wolf-hall_jonathon-pryce[1].jpg (189 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
wolf-hall_jonathon-pryce[1].jpg
189 KB, 800x450
>>70009178
>He deserves to end his career on a better note.

he was Wolsey in Wolf Hall, it was pretty GOAT
>>
his character doesn't make any sense
he's trying to represent a religious moral authority in one of the most amoral universes there is, whilst at the same time behaving amorally himself
>>
File: benioff-weiss-got.jpg (94 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
benioff-weiss-got.jpg
94 KB, 850x478
>>70011043
>his character doesn't make any sense

hope this picture's useful to you
>>
>>70009178
>>70011025
He's primarily a theatre actor. I saw him on stage at the Globe last year
>>
>>70011043
His character in the books is pretty fascinating, and no, his character in the series also makes sense. He's not trying to set up a moral authority, he's using moral authority to establish power, to make his own, new, god driven kingdom, and the people support him. You can't be this dense to think that he only does what he does because 'it's the right thing to do'. He's setting up a powerbase, and getting ready to make a move for supreme authority.
>>
Every high sparrow scene

>Can I see my brother / son / wife /mother?
>No.
>>
The High Sparrow looks like he smells. He just gives off that "I never take showers" vibe.
>>
>>70010490
Unless it comes from muslims.
>>
>>70011200
Slow down the "No" so it takes 15 minutes and it's accurate
>>
>>70011235
To be fair that's like 90% of the non-noble people on the show.
>>
>>70007987
What I gathered from the person who was spamming threads about him non-stop a couple days ago was that he was "boring".

I for one don't know how anyone could tire of Jonathan Pryce's amazing on screen presence/performance ... but that's just me.
>>
>>70011200
And who... are you...
>>
>>70011197

i get what he's trying to do. it's still illogical when you consider the universe he's in, and the fact that we have dragon queens and faceless seemingly immortal assassins on the loose. he has no power other than conviction. it'd make sense if he did more than convert a bunch of guys with clubs; like, say, he had influence over someone actually powerful. he can't get the throne. it's impossible.
>>
Because despite his mild manner and so called piety he's actually a cunt and a fanatic.
>>
>>70011546
Actually, he got the queen to allow his men to take up arms and reform the ancient militia, It's worth noting that the last time that happened, they threatened the throne. Also, you're forgetting that in that universe there are tons of unlanded knights that fight for whatever cause that feeds and clothes them.

Basically, unless he's put down right now, or soon, the throne might lose it's place as supreme authority over the peasants, and even if 1 knight can kill 10 peasants in a fight, there's probably a 1,000 to 1 numerical advantage in the peasants advantage.
>>
>>70011142
what was he in and what role?
>>
>>70011263

Racist Islamophobic piece of edginess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HbS7EfFP1w
>>
>>70007987
>Reddit
>not loving the Bernie Sanders of Westeros
>>
Normies are disgusting
>>
>>70007987
>What is it about this character that triggers normies

He's a religious old white male who hates homos. Normies have been programmed to hate that for a decades.
>>
>>70009437
If i take that cursed coin, will you die?
>>
>>70008540
>book cersei is a one-dimensional evil person
>show cersei actually has some depth
>>
>>70007987
Seperation of church and State

Any freedom-loving American or otherwise can see why those fuckers need to die.
>>
>>70011918
Allah Ackbar.
>>
>>70007987

My man kills it in gi joe 2 though.
>>
>>70008540
It's not that people don't want Cersei dead, they just want the High Sparrow dead more.
>>
>>70011707
Shylock in the Merchant of Venice
>>
>>70008540
dis nigga got it.

you can tell by all the butthurt it caused.
>>
>>70007987
mods pls
>>
>>70008151
I think you posted in the wrong thread friend.
>>
>>70010896
I know it's fun to post this kind of shit but surely you can see the added character depth in the books is only a good thing?
>>
I'm just sick of the self-righteous bloviating. He's really bogged the plot down in Landing, nothing but this stupid religion bullshit for two seasons now.
>>
I hate the character for the same reason I hate Dany and Dorne. Completely useless, unrealistic, and should have been easy resolved in a matter of one, at most two episodes (killed off by people with actual competence).
>>
File: 1408846257924.jpg (22 KB, 356x418) Image search: [Google]
1408846257924.jpg
22 KB, 356x418
Sparrow is actually the only good character left in the show.

Also he's going to bring back our guy for the Cleganebowl
>>
My main problem with him is one of the few things Cersei has ever been right about, although for completely wrong an selfish reasons in her case. The status quo is unacceptably shit and he wants to tear it down, okay fine. But he wants to replace it with nothing. Feudalism and Empires and shit are pretty terrible but nowhere near as bad as medieval anarchy, which is the shit system the Wildlings live (and die) under.

He also released Cersei just because she would say the right things and do a walk of shame. He has to know all that is on her mind after that is how to kill him. He can't be that stupid.
>>
>>70007987

for me its cuz he blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and blabs and after ten minutes you've no idea wtf he's saying because he's so fucking monotonic you've already filtered him out like pink noise in the background
>>
>>70010490
Is that why Europe is accepting more terrorists in their countries?
>>
>>70013004
>But he wants to replace it with nothing
That's what she thinks, he clearly wants to replace it with himself and if she weren't a moron she could make him disappear and the cult would immediately go apeshit without a leader
>>
File: 1458845903706.jpg (80 KB, 680x967) Image search: [Google]
1458845903706.jpg
80 KB, 680x967
>>70008140
>they're big pirates of the caribbean fans and sad to see governor swan as a villain

You haven't seen "Tomorrow Never Dies," have you? He's a Bond villain. If anything, people can't stand seeing him play a good villain for once.
>>
File: 1445838220825.jpg (148 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1445838220825.jpg
148 KB, 500x730
>>70007987
Yes
Yes
And yes
He believes in and embodies a strict, yet consistent morality. That he punishes sjw favs is incidental. He opposes relativism and that makes some people uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1463509013010.jpg (248 KB, 1232x820) Image search: [Google]
1463509013010.jpg
248 KB, 1232x820
>>70008210
>It is completely indefensible that the average peasant struggles to get by while Baratheons and Lannisters take more and more of the wealth for themselves #feelthebern #releasethetranscripts #notmyabeula
>>
>>70010896

You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>70010499

I hate show Ramsay with all my being but I'll take an unapologetic piece of shit who knows what they're doing is wrong and doesn't care villain over a sympathetic doing bad things and believing themselves to be 100% right and morally superior villain anyday.
>>
>>70008540
>this character is almost like a real person instead of a one-dimensional caricature
>fucking D&D
>>
I think he's one of the more interesting characters in the show. Definitely manipulating a great deal behind the scene, reminds me of varys.

Ultimately tho, who cares. This show has been pretty retarded for a long time.
>>
>>70011652
>and even if 1 knight can kill 10 peasants in a fight, there's probably a 1,000 to 1 numerical advantage in the peasants advantage.

Because that's what this show needs. More unrealistic bullshit with a bunch of peasants overwhelming scores of trained and fully armored knights. Instead of the more realistic scenario of the peasants getting demoralized and begging for mercy after the knight slaughters five of them effortlessly.
>>
>>70007987
Fuck off you chaste religious fuck. Your bitch god should be raped and doninated in the halls of his own hell. Die you fucking christcuck.
>>
>>70013118
>Implying Arab/African Muslims are a bad thing.
I have more trust for the average Arab Muslim than I will ever have for the common white Atheist/Christian male. Most of them are comparable to /tv/, with a edgy Joker "watch the world burn" mentality, a far more dangerous worldview than ISIS hopes to be.
>>
>>70013980
>huge crowd of thousands of peasants swamping 100 hundred knights
>loosing

even if a few died the adrenaline would pump them up to just get close enough until they physically can't kill them all and get their heads caved in by rocks/clubs.

vastly more men > skill
>>
>>70007987
I'd like him more if it wasn't his 10 minute speeches every time someone asks him something.

Can't wait for his death tbqh
>>
he does what the holy book of everyone says is right

plus haven't killed anyone yet
>>
>>70014003
>trusting christians
Christians are the cancer that have been killing the world for thousands if years. Your just as bad as a fucking muslim rapist for liking them.
>>
>>70007987
Zealots are boring.
>>
>>70014119
please give me 4 examples with sources please.
>>
Is cleganebowl confirmed or is it just rampant speculation?
>>
>>70011652
>Also, you're forgetting that in that universe there are tons of unlanded knights that fight for whatever cause that feeds and clothes them.

Exactly, and religious winos are not the ones that can afford to maintain them, but powerful houses like for instance the Tyrells, that actually have two of their members jailed can, that's why it doesn't make any sense.

>Basically, unless he's put down right now, or soon, the throne might lose it's place as supreme authority over the peasants, and even if 1 knight can kill 10 peasants in a fight, there's probably a 1,000 to 1 numerical advantage in the peasants advantage.

That is not how it works in real life, peasants know how to toil and that's it. Read what happened to the peasants revolts in the middle ages.
>>
>>70014157
get hype
>>
I don't agree with his methods, but his message is one that should resonate around all the small folk.

The wealthy noble Lords start these massive, devastating wars, killing countless thousands of innocents in the process. Look at the Riverlands where villages were raided, women and children raped and murdered, etc.

He is actually standing up to these noble shits and putting them down on the same level as those whom they spit on. Going to be sad when he gets killed, because he's a very interesting character and his scenes are some of the best in the series.
>>
His plot moves at a snail's pace
>>
>>70008210
What are you talking about? He is probably one of /pol/'s favorite characters, his strict religious observance combined with punishing all things degenerate makes him a favorite
>>
>>70014079

There is a reason throughout history military training has consisted of putting recruits into simulated combat scenarios.

Because it gets them used to what it's like to be in a fight so they won't lose their fucking shit and attempt to run away or make things worse.

Look at the American Revolution, Soviets in WW2, or the Afghan security forces today. What do they all have in common? Poorly/untrained random fucks given weapons and told to fight.

Put thousands of Westeroi peasants in that situation and you'll get the same result. Their numbers will drop by at least 30%, probably more.
>>
>>70008540
Nobody fucking likes cersei. Nobody. She is slightly sympathetic due to the whole prophesy about her kids dying and due to her situation with Robert Baratheon, but everyone hates her regardless because she's a crazy bitch who lashes out at everyone without regard to consequences
>>
>>70007987
I got mad at him because he cock blocked Cersei from fucking Margaery up but then I realized there was no reason and that I take pleasure from both of them losing, but especially Margaery

Based high sparrow
>>
>>70007987
They hate him because he is a well written character. Unlike Ramsay, he outmaneuvers and abuses characters in a believable way using scheming and manipulation. The remaining villains win because plot lets them and they are clearly evil and easy to root against, but the high sparrow has a strong and understandable code of values and has won by using other people's stupidity. Normies want to hate him because he neither fits easily into a box of being evil nor is built up as some sort of super villain who will be stopped by one hero, so they sperg out at the idea of trying to deal with a character with depth and appropriate for the setting.
>>
>>70014079
No.
>>
File: 12421125125222.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
12421125125222.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>70014423
Nice
>>
>>70014167
High Sparrow is not some religious literally who mate, he's the High Septon, the fantasy version of the Pope

That title and some small propaganda work like imprisioning a corrupt and tyrant noble like Cersei is all you need to have an army of peasants and virtuous knights ready to back you up.
>>
>>70007987
He embodies everything that reddit hates and that's being a feminist and anti atheist
>>
>>70014307
But 2 of your first examples have won and untrained afghanis few decades back. I think training is all good and swell but what you need is experience and morale
>>
>>70014150
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
http://www.historytoday.com/jonathan-phillips/crusades-complete-history
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great
https://www.ushmm.org/research/the-center-for-advanced-holocaust-studies/programs-ethics-religion-the-holocaust/articles-and-resources/christian-persecution-of-jews-over-the-centuries
>>
>>70007987
he doesn't quip after killing children and is just an old man that talks but doesn't fight

>IT'S BORING
>>
>>70013004
Don't be a dolt, anon. That walk of shame was hugely injurious to her, bother internally and externally. We saw the damage it did to her with the Small Council, and her Nemesis can't get round everyone in the city that slagged her off.
>>
>>70014551
the westboro church is annoying but completely, utterly powerless.

The persecution of Jews was rarely based on theology, even if it was often presented that way, it mostly had to do with economic issues. Few people who took part in the holocaust or pogroms gave a shit about theology, it was about the idea of destroying Jewish power or the perception of it, whether it existed or not.
>>
>>70014157
>Is cleganebowl confirmed or is it just rampant speculation?
'Tis a meme lad, no more, no less
>>
What's wrong with hating homosexuals and other degenerates
>>
>>70015384
Still, christian filth have fucked history up the ass far more then he jews or even the muslim swine have, and they must be eradicated.
>>
>>70007987
I would say he is probably the only good actor left in the show now that they have killed of so many people. I am struggling to think of any one else. Maybe Davos as well.
>>
>>70008151
Jesus Christ, compose yourself, you triggered faggot.
>>
>>70015508
There is literally nothing wrong with homosexuality
>>
>>70014225
No one who uses /pol/ as a boogeyman has ever been there, or knows what it's like.
>>
I used to be in a cult so I hate those types of religions now.
>>
>>70015508
Because there is nbothong wrong with fucking your best friend in the ass you daft retard.
>>
>>70015590
Gee I wonder who is behind this post
>>70015823
I do, and I dont use it as a boogeyman just find your posts funny is all (dont know if you are serious DONT CARE if you are serious), but I always get called out on le boogeyman for some reason
>>
>>70007987
>triggers normies and red*itters

>STRONK FEMALE

people are actually replying to this

lol
>>
>>70015874
Shut the fuck up you retarded antisemite.
>>
>>70007987
Eh, he's a pretty cool guy.
He kills faggots and doesn't afraid of nobles.
>>
>>70015937
Nah I wanted to call you a muzzie actually
>>
>>70015960
I hope you and every other gayhating fuck in this thread is raped by a bull and gets aids tonight.
>>
>>70016197
Rude!
>>
>war of 5 kings
>winter is coming
>LF: enough food for 5 years, longer than that and less peasants
>Cercei reforms ancient order militant and high sparrow wants to cleanse the realm

Yeah once winter hits and white walkers start making rounds he's gonna have a lot of friends.
>>
>>70007987
I like he seems like a nice guy.
>>
>>70016240
Will the white walkers reach king's landing? IIRC it was implied in that vision Dany had
>>
>>70016365
Might be. Or the bloody thing just burns and winter sets in in the capital.
>>
I'd hear him out desu. I dunno about joining the order though. It doesn't sound very fulfilling. Career options are limited to:
>Mean nun
>Club goon
So yeah, probably just stick to my degeneracy thanks. There's a lot of talk about what that dislike, and punishing that. Very little about what is good, and doing it (except where it overlaps with punishing others). A lot of living in squalor and rejecting any kind of progress, improvement or hygiene. So yeah, too close to Islam for me.
>>
>>70007987

People keep scrambling to figure out his angle but he doesn't have one. He's just a religious nutjob.

I liked him more after his backstory was revealed.
>>
>>70010956
nigger i take it you've never been to /lit/
>>
>>70016461
I'd go for confession and fund them if I was a noble, one way to the crown is having those crazy fucks on your side
>>
>>70013418

>that image

i have summitted mount kek
>>
>>70007987
You would think Normalfags would love him. But for some reason they hate the guy trying to topple the corrupt system.

>muh 99%
>unless he's a religious man!
>>
>>70016461
Well muslims did bathe more than christians. So they were cleaner.
>>
>>70017054
>Did
Islamic culture made some incredible progress. Truly the best in the world. Then, along came Islam as we know it today, and now they are still essentially where they were 1000 years ago.
>>
it's the fact that he represents """morality""" that is actually authoritarian, narcissistic, and hypocritical

only /pol/tards with a boner for Hitler rivaling only their boner for Christianity could possibly identify with this character
>>
I fucking hate him

Someone just behead him already
>>
>>70017393
You're right except I dont browse /pol/
>>
>>70014551
>WBC
You might as well liken the New Black Panther Party to all blacks in the entire world. Next.

>Crusades
Apart from when they strayed and found themselves attacking other Christians (4th Crusade which hit Constantinople), the Crusades were extraordinarily small reactions to a massive Islamic campaign to occupy formerly Christian lands. Next.

>Constantine
A Roman emperor/general who converted to Christianity towards the end of his life, outlawed persecution based upon religion and set forth guidelines for how to worship peacefully as one religion? You're REAAALLY reaching here. Next.

>Christian persecution of Jews
I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to research every example of one group persecuting another. Probably take you to the end of your life, at which point you'll realize everyone persecuted everyone for one reason or another, or has done so at one point in history. This argument can be reversed and used against you easily. Next.

No more? Your 'sources' are garbage and so is your argument. Try again next time.
>>
>>70013980
>the peasants getting demoralized and begging for mercy after the knight slaughters five of them effortlessly
What a stupid cunt you are. Do you know how all Targaryan dragons were kill? By the same fucking peasant which were leading by religious fanatic.
>>
>>70018193

>This grammar

Good to see the American education system hard at work.
>>
>>70017942
You havent fucking taken my sources into consideration enough, you retard christcuck. Westboro is a prime example if what every christian church is deep down. The crusades were not a minor reaction to islamic invasions. That is a /pol/ mene to generate less hate towards christian degenerates. Constantine was a violent and imperical dictator, who forced rome away from their glorious gods in favor of a son of a whore chalraton. Also, jews have almost exclusivly been persecuted by christians or muslims. So shut the fuck up you brainless christtard bitch!
>>
>>70008540
>not getting that she's a mirror for hillary clinton
top lel
>>
File: EUtlpL0.gif (781 KB, 202x244) Image search: [Google]
EUtlpL0.gif
781 KB, 202x244
>>70019831
>>
>>70013018
>pink noise
the phrase is "white noise" you degenerate
>>
>>70019831
>all that blind rage
inthismomentiameuphoric.aspx
>>
>>70019608
>everyone who types in English is American

Good to see the British education system hard at work
>>
So I really think its just because, in new society, it's so dis-approved to impress your believes on others. And desu, he's nothing more than a man who has his own sins that he should be punished for. I say hang his ass.
>>
>>70021660
>Everyone who complains about America is British

Good to see the Argentinian education system hard at work
>>
>>70021820
>Everyone who complains is human
...White. I meant white. A little racist jibe ha ha
>>
>>70021820
>He thinks South America is fucking relevant

Don't reply to me in this thread ever again
>>
This guy as an actor is one of the best things in the show. That interaction he had with Jaime, all of his movements were subtle expressions and could see what he was thinking behind his words.
>>
>>70013418
>not recognizing him from Brazil above all the other capeshit he's appeared in
>>
>>70007987
>CotF create the White Walkers to kill their human enemies,end up creating an unmanageable force of entropy that overpowers them
>Cersei gives power to the High Sparrow to take down her enemies, ends up creating an unmanageable force of entropy that overpowers her

pottery
>>
Probably because he's persecuting Loras for being gay. Even though in the book Loras is being melted alive by burning oil
>>
>>70007987
He's a Rastafarian who thinks that sins have to be punished in this world for atonement, and not in the world to come.

That's the problem.
>>
>>70008892
fucking made me laugh
>>
I seriously want the guy who cut off Jaimie's hand to get his just desserts, what the fuck how is this never referenced again
>>
>>70010700
>Ten Ramsays
>TWO-HUNDRED GOOD MEN

DELIVER US
FROM EEEEEEEEEVIIIL
>>
>>70018193
>dragons killed by peasants
Citadel Scroll Defense Force go and stay gone
>>
>>70010490

Why? it's not like they live in post enlightenment Europe. It's very possible the 7 do exist
>>
File: 1463944404960.png (1 MB, 978x647) Image search: [Google]
1463944404960.png
1 MB, 978x647
what about this?

https://youtu.be/hjvBiJa12sg
>>
File: You.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>70013989
Edgy. This post actually deserves a fedora, unlike 80% of the posts which are given fedoras.
>>
>>70007987

Show watchers don't get why the king doesn't just order his men to kill him and his cronies. In the books he has actual Knights guarding him and most of the city backs him.

In the show he has a homeless people with clubs. Thank you D&D.
>>
>>70016197

but that only happens to faggots, faggot
>>
I enjoy the High Sparrow scenes
>>
>>70024594
>Show watchers don't get why the king doesn't just order his men to kill him and his cronies.

That's because they're retarded. There have been multiple scenes dedicated to pointing out just how much of a following the High Sparrow has and how badly it would end for everyone on both sides if the king just ordered him killed. I actually prefer the way it's presented in the show, it's a lot more menacing in this sort of Fight Club-esque "We are the poor, we outnumber you 100 to 1, if you fuck with me this city will become a bloodbath on all sides" sort of vibe rather than just "I have knights so your knights simply can't kill me." It's not that the king can't send a single knight to just go chop off the Sparrow's head with ease (he's even shown that he'd just let it happen), it's that he has to balance that against the consequences of essentially waging war on the entire city in exchange for that kill, which is clearly not worth it to the king.
>>
>>70023783
I'd even say probable. Expect some proper miracles as the world becomes more magical.
>>
>>70008210
He looks like this pic related faggot a lot, and talks bullshit like him either.
inb4 tips fedora
>>
>>70025347
>tips fedora
>>
File: 5597-suck-it.jpg (34 KB, 272x304) Image search: [Google]
5597-suck-it.jpg
34 KB, 272x304
>>70025388
>>
>>70025064
Agreed. He's basically the only great character left. Well-acted with genuine and plausible motivations.
>>
>>70007987
He's completely unlike the book character. This version is only concerned with vices and sins while the High Sparrow actually had some good points about commoners being exploited.
>>
>>70025948
not true at all. we just get more time with the characters in the books with which to learn these things.
>>
>>70008108

kek
>>
>>70016365
The final battle happens in the Riverlands, probably on the Trident.
>>
>>70008125
underated post
>>
>>70019831
All Westbro does is troll people and then files a lawsuit against anyone who gets angry for their trolling by trying to stop them. Westbro is still harmless compared to any terrorist group out there. They don't harm people but their feelings. As for the Crusades, are you honestly joking? The Muslims were constantly invading Europe before and after Crusades, and their campaign didn't end until the downfall of the Ottoman Empire. And, honestly, do some research, Christians are the most persecuted country in the World, especially in the Middle East and Asian countries, such as China or N. Korea.
>>
Is that the guy that was Sam Lowry from Brazil?
>>
>>70007987
he dies next ep rip in piss
>>
I don't watch this show anymore, but people really hate the high sparrow?
>>
File: download.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1 MB, 1280x720
its so obvious that tyrell forces are gonna get rekt... look at that horde of gullible peasants behind their soldiers
>>
>>70028627
HAS ANYBODY SEEM SAM LOWREY?
>>
File: 1434653673753.gif (1 MB, 198x252) Image search: [Google]
1434653673753.gif
1 MB, 198x252
>>70019831
>>70014551
>>70014119
>>70014003

you are so retarded omg
>>
>/pol/ are basically muslims that are too beta to fight the gubment
>>
File: 20160525_194322.jpg (73 KB, 318x262) Image search: [Google]
20160525_194322.jpg
73 KB, 318x262
>>70030450
BREE-OOH
BREE-OOH
>>
>>70007987
>Is it the fact that he represents some kind of religious moral authority
Yup
>>
>>70007987
It's funny when people posting on 4chan of all places get so uppity about "degeneracy" when you consider how this place is like. The High Sparrow is a total nofunallowed loony who'd ban all kinds of entertainment because it's "sinful", i.e if this the modern times in the show he'd declare tv and internet regulayed to remove "offensive" content.

In short, I hate him because he's a totalitarian fuckheap that blind sheep like you would support as long as you think he supports "your side" (hint, he doesn't unless you want to live like an Amish person) but would denounce immediately if you saw him as a symbol for your opponents(i.e SJWs)
>>
>>70019831
You seem upset.
>>
>>70008892

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before walking off the plank?
>>
>>70030892
You tell those goyim
>>
>>70030892
He hates the rich ruling class and he's trying to bring about social revolution.

The man is trying to do away with an archaic monarchy and class based society where the rich nobles have everything and the poor have nothing and you call him a totalitarian? He just wants equality anon.
>>
File: High Sanders.jpg (3 MB, 1524x2615) Image search: [Google]
High Sanders.jpg
3 MB, 1524x2615
>>70013663
like high sparrow, high sanders is incapable of wrongdoing
>>
File: 1405186380303.jpg (42 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1405186380303.jpg
42 KB, 500x353
I stopped watching GoT when CIA threw that lady out of a hole in the ground.

Is it worth picking up again just to see this character in action?

He seems interesting from what I've read ITT.
>>
>>70012140
It would be excruciatingly immortal.
>>
>>70031020
>poor have nothing
Once the poor rob the rich, the wealth is going to slide again into the hands of a different set of robbers. There will always be dirt poor people in a society but it's most often their own fault. This is the middle ages(although fictional), education is rare and thus you don't need expensive schools to get a head. Even a poor faggot can become a craftsman and make a living for themselves if they aren't lazy. It's the fugging capital, there's bound to be work around.
>>
>>70007987
Because they represent false gods you fuck nut all the gods with interesting stories lord of the light Azor azai jon snow shit or what ever, the drowned god with the greyjoys and shit, the faceless man all have interesting stories this group is as powerful as my left nut, Tommen should destroy them after taking his bae Margaery for no reason other than what was rumoured what was she even tried fo? her brother being gay? the only reason they have her is to have power over the king they aren't a religious faction they are a cult. all the good god shit is happening with the lord of the light you plebs...
>>
>>70007987
>Being tolerant of religious nutters usurping power

Yeah, okay, OP.
>>
>>70031020
He is like Bernie fucking Sandals that's why I hate him so much. fucking filthy communist..
>>
File: Bernie Fixes It.jpg (2 MB, 1274x2125) Image search: [Google]
Bernie Fixes It.jpg
2 MB, 1274x2125
>>70031321
butthurt classcuck
>>
Jonathan Pryce is far too good to be in GoT and that triggers me. Also he was qt pi tier in Brazil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wh2b1eZFUM
>>
>>70013859
You just described Daenerys
>>
File: Day 1.png (2 MB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
Day 1.png
2 MB, 1600x899
>yfw high sanders takes america
>>
>>70010800
The King is a bitch, that's why they're able to do it. Joffrey actually would have been a much better king in this situation since killing/arresting them all is the right thing to do.
>>
>>70007987
His plan is stupid.
>Demolish the royalty
>???
>PROFIT!!!
If Cercei was right about anything, it's that he has no plan to build once everything is ruined. He has nothing to replace the government with.

That, plus his religion doesn't even appear to be real. Except for the fact that people have faith in it. But beyond that, what is there?

He's a proven liar too. He borrowed material from scripture to try and impress Margaery. When he was caught, he casually tried to put a spin on it, to make the story his own.
>>
>>70031645
>too scared to stand up to fat black chicks or Hillary Clinton
>going to take on the most powerful people in the world
I don't understand how smug Sanders supporters are, he's lost by a landslide and they're acting as though they're already running against Trump.
>>70032634
I think his plan is some sort of theocracy, something like Iran.
>>
>>70007987
You've answered your own fucking question and it was obvious as fuck, what the fuck did you try to do with this thread...
>>
File: laughing topless Asuka.jpg (76 KB, 1037x1555) Image search: [Google]
laughing topless Asuka.jpg
76 KB, 1037x1555
>>70031215
>>70012140
>>70009437
>>70008892

Baneposting is the only thing worth coming on to this board for anymore.
>>
>>70012541
Fuck that sounds great, even if he isn't an actual jewkike.

Was it good? Was HE good?
>>
I reckon it's mainly because he likes to check my 3
>>
>>70033533
:O
>>
>>70031257
>the poor can just help themselves

Spoken like a true classcuck

The High Sanders will set you straight

Wealth is evil! Poverty-I mean Equality for all!
>>
>>70033500
Yes. I enjoy anything put on at the Globe. They put on Shakespeare the way it's supposed to be seen - with plenty of wit and laughter and taking appropriate liberties with the script, even with the tragedies. Pryce was excellent and really brought everything he had to the role, the comic and the tragic aspects. His irl daughter Phoebe Pryce played Jessica, his character's daughter in the play, which was a nice touch and worked really well. The Globe is a fucking riot, I suggest you pay a visit if you find yourself in London, if you haven't already. They want to emulate a bawdy Elizabethan theatre as best they can, so it's very informal and you can enter and leave whenever you want and bring in as much food and booze as you like. A great way to spend a summer evening
>>
File: albaghdadi.jpg (136 KB, 2400x1349) Image search: [Google]
albaghdadi.jpg
136 KB, 2400x1349
>>implying he's not pic related

Also death to the infidels who worship the old gods
>>
>>70007987
Can somebody tell me what Margaery has to atone for? She comes from a rich and noble family and her only sin was trying to keep her brother from being tortured by these fucking nuns. The High Sparrow goes on these rants about his sick parties, but he wants Margaery to just have this moment of clarity in a cell and not want to wear shoes the rest of her life? Seems like he's got other agendas, probably taking down the hierarchy and making everyone useless bums.
>>
>>70007987
>2016
>not worshipping the lord of light

The night is dark and full of terrors
>>
>>70007987
Probably the fact he's able to keep an entire empire at bay with 20 faggots in robes and a very tall nun.
>>
>>70007987
Because the character (and storyline) came out of nowhere and basically only exists to fuck shit up in King's Landing. Not only that, but it's being dragged out and is straight up illogical. It's as if the producers were like "we need to make sure nothing big happens in KL while all these other storylines progress. I know let's have a religious zealot suddenly come into power and kidnap everyone!"

>We can't storm the church because they'll kill Margaery.

And Cersei cares???? Suddenly, she has no power because her uncle is in charge? Before, she had dozens of people loyal to her and got her way all the damn time. It's shitty writing.
>>
>>70033448
who is this
>>
>>70019831
I love when retards have to being up shit that is centuries old when discussing how evil Christians are. You know the difference between Christians and muslims? Muslims to this day are still doing all that horrific shit that ancient Christians did. They didn't evolve. The westBoro Baptist Church holds signs that hurt your precious feelings while muslims throw bound and tied faggots off of buildings and throw acid in women's faces.
>>
>>70010896
>le bookfag superiority

The books are inherently better by merit of being more coherent and filled with content. Not some 'Kill a few characters every other episode to forcibly move the plot and simplify everything for an audience that can't keep track of more than 6 characters that GOT has turned into now'. Instead we get an overt attempt to turn every single main female character into some retarded Tumblrina Female-Power characters instead of realistic characters with flaws and their own unique quirks. Shae, Cersei, Brienne, Daenyrs, Sand Snakes, etc. We can't just have a character like Shae that might just be a whore who fucks Tyrion for money, instead the show has to turn her and every other female into some tragic character to appeal to Feminists.

What exactly do the shows have that is superior to the books? Content? Nope. Character development? Nope. Acting? LolEuron. World Building? Not so much anymore.

What made the shows so good in the first place is that they were more like the books and not like TV shows: Characters, regardless of how well-liked, may die. Be willing to waste tons of time world-building and developing characters. Plus the best parts of TV with high-production values, actors, and generous amounts of dialogue borrowed from the books. And I say this as someone who thinks the books were just 'okay'.

Season 6 is far more cliche and rushed, and even the die-hard TV fans can see it, even if they don't want to admit it.
>>
File: 8168165168.png (231 KB, 540x724) Image search: [Google]
8168165168.png
231 KB, 540x724
>>70008125

S H O E S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeKGMuDl6Kg
>>
I can't stop thinking of him in brazil

maybe GoT is one of his dreams
>>
I wonder if it upsets him that he's better known for being Governor Swan than for Brazil
it upsets me
>>
>>70030397
Rekt? When based Mace got the plume on?

You best be joking friend
>>
>>70014423
This
>>
File: 1464226041325.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464226041325.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
It is because, like all Game of Thrones characters, he is merely a vessel through which Bran Stark is enacting his will. All is Bran and Bran is all.
>>
>>70031084
really I'm that Sanders isn't winning just because the Sanders = Sparrow Cersei = Hillary thing could've made for some top tier memes
>>
>>70019831
>every church is WBC deep down
All WBC does is say mean things
Nice try #notallmuslims faggot
>>
>>70008151
hey man not cool
>>
>>70010700
>liking ramsay lord of manlets
Kill yourself reddit showfag
>>
>>70008316

He's describing transcendence in his cultural frame. It's good.
>>
>>70007987
I can't wait to see Frankenmountain rip this asshole in half.
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.