[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 800x600
Is it worth watching it all? I've almost finished season 2 and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot.

I've heard it gets really shitty later on, did they have a problem with writers or something and just make stuff up?
>>
Every episode ends on a black screen with.

When you get to the episode that, shockingly, ends on a white screen, just stop watching it.
>>
It's not that bad, it was just a disappointment at the time. It's still worth watching all the way through.
>>
>>70001870

season three is a slog until the end...

after that you might as well quit watching and make up your own headcannon to finish the series... seriously. no matter how unimaginative or dumb you are, it will be better than the rest of the show
>>
>>70001870
>just make stuff up?

They do that throughout the entire series. Just create a bunch of mysterious stuff and explain that with more mystery.

You should keep watching until the very end and be disappointed by it to get the full Lost experience. Even in the later seasons it's still pretty good and even when the story goes bonkers, you still like the characters and want to see what happens to them.
>>
>I've heard it gets really shitty later on, did they have a problem with writers or something and just make stuff up?

It's a little bit of both. JJ Brahms wrote the pilot and the final episode, but nothing in between. They had to concoct a way, through the series, to explain how the characters went from Point A to Point Z. It's really strong, but at some point they realized that they couldn't bullshit their way through it any more, and the tone and pace of the whole ordeal shifts to fit the deadline. Even actors on the set had no idea what their characters were doing from episode to episode.

The guy playing Sayid said outright that he has no idea what is happening, in a show where he is a central character. Like, not going to lie, he is absolutely instrumental to the final season, and during that time he had an interview where he's just "I don't know what the hell is happening." That's not a good indicator of writing.
>>
>>70001870
Once ABC set an end date for the show, the writers made Seasons 4, 5 and 6 more streamlined and story-focused, as opposed to the kind of laid-back, character-driven Seasons 1, 2 and 3. Also, the show changes in several dynamic ways, which as you can see with some of these responses didn't sit well with some of the audience. To each his own, I loved the show the whole way through.
>>70002034
>JJ Abrams wrote the final episode
Absolutely not, Abrams had little to do with the show outside of the first season or two. He may have come up with a vague idea with Lindelof and Cuse of how it should end thematically when the show started but that's it. He gets way too much credit for his time on the show; it was mainly Carlton and Damon
>>
Best thing about this show: The characters and their backstories, those parts are all very engaging and you can't say you didn't feel for some of them all the way through.

Worst thing about this show: The answers to the mysteries, everything that happens in the final season.

If you don't watch the last season at all, it's exciting. You have all this stuff to speculate about and form theories about why it's happening, and I promise you that your theories will be much more interesting than what the answers really are. This thing inspired countless debates and ARGs and conspiracy theories about the Dharma Initiative and stuff like that. It's all really cool when you take it by itself, but like >>70002001 said no matter how dumb or unimaginative you are, you'll come up with something way better than what it really was.

The finale was so full of itself, it basically sums up to "wasn't this show great? You spent five years watching this. Go ahead, cry a little. It's over." But if you cry, it's not because the finale was good, it's because you spent those years watching it and talking about it with your friends.
>>
>>70002205
>Absolutely not
Maybe it wasn't the final episode, but it was certainly everything happening in the church at the end. That was how it was sold to me, anyway, by Lindeloff and what'shisname.
>>
>>70002743
do you have a source? I'd really like to see where this came from since I've never heard that once since the finale aired
>>
>>70001870
Don't listen to the spergs, the neding really isn't that bad and it's still a show with the best characters.
>>
Writers strike is what made lost bad. Look it up. Same with heroes. Strike happened during S2 fucked over a lot of shows
>>
>>70001870
Everything gets worse where Jew Jew Abram is involved.
>>
>>70001870
The ending was shit. I loved the show a lot. Mostly the twists and Ben's manipulation. You will love it more if you enjoy watching time-travel shit.

The entire show spins round and round.
>>
File: The_Man_in_Black_from_Lost.png (121 KB, 307x324) Image search: [Google]
The_Man_in_Black_from_Lost.png
121 KB, 307x324
His name is Barry, in case if you would be wondering what his name was.
>>
>>70002743
I looked up the source of this; its from an analysis someone made who claimed to work at Bad Robot while Lost was airing (though he didn't work on the show itself). His comments about "JJ's ending" and the church scene being written in Season 1 are pure conjecture and unconfirmed. Plus, his analysis has several contradictions and inconsistencies towards what actually happened on the show and what Cuse and Lindelof have said concerning the show's creative process. It's not in any way reliable.
>>
>>70001870
There is still no show that can match the characters and gets you so invested in them. In a way binge watching this show is even better then watching it week to week
>>
>>70003325
I don't know man, going on the internet right after an episode dropped and reading through all the crazy theories and things that you missed in the episode was something that I have yet to experience in any other tv show.
>>
>>70003251
Jacob and Barry. Huh. I thought it would be a little more symbolic or something.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (40 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
40 KB, 250x350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8SJQ6kr9E

Fuck man, the feels in this show.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.