[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has capeshit gotten better or worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 3249-.jpg (342 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
3249-.jpg
342 KB, 3000x2000
Has capeshit gotten better or worse?
>>
It fluctuates.

Watchmen and BvS are the two best capeshit films ever made.
>>
The good to bad ratio is better, but the movies don't have their own distinct tones. They're figured out what people like and are sticking close to it.
>>
Spiderman 2= best spiderman movie, actor, suit, and villain. The new ones with Andrew Garfield are fucking awful, I expect homecoming to be decent at best.
>>
With some exceptions, probably better. BvS elevated the genre to new heights.
>>
>>69998466
worse. just this picture reminded me of how much i enjoyed the first two spidermen movies. the plots seemed important and the movie seemed to flow in a way that entertains and captures. civil war felt hollow. i can't explain why, i'm sure it's been analyzed by some sperg already, but civil war seemed to just move along, it was exciting and fun don't get me wrong, but i didn't care for anything going on and it felt like i was participating in apathy somehow. batman v superman was good, i liked it, it was flawed and felt choppy, but i wanted more dialogue from superman other than him defending himself or being angry, or more scenes with clark kent.
>>
>>69998466
Better, since marvel started to get their comics made into films, we all where craving for a shared universe, so many rumors about that, and years later we got it, and its great far from perfect but entertaining enough, everyone complains that cape is too much, that is a dying genre, but at the end is just amazing fun, if you dont like it dont watch it, but it has gotten really good and everytime is bigger i cant wait to see a future where they made 5 movies per year to build this shared universe
>>
>>69998466
Probably about the same.

There are some new duds like BvS, along with some old ones like Batman and Robin.
>>
File: Stop Invincible Slut.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Slut.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69998533
>>
>>69998533
I don't get why redditors love Watchmen so much
It's just a darker capeshit
>>
File: 00iX2.jpg (67 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
00iX2.jpg
67 KB, 800x599
>>69998533
>>
>>69998535
i like how you said this. the good to bad ratio is better, but the good in my opinion feels like it's coming off a conveyor belt or out of a template. and when something like BvS comes out, we're all subconsciously biased on some level to expect it to be similar to what we've been fed, it's hard to see it for what it is, which is a different kind of superhero movie that had flaws.
>>
Watching Spider-Man made me feel old, it doesn't seem like that long ago.
>>
>>69998708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo
>>
File: 1424755753791.png (130 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
1424755753791.png
130 KB, 354x363
Its gotten better if you're a comic fan and have comic like expectations that were never possible before, its probably gotten worse if all you know about the characters is these movies and you expect standalone stories that sometimes barely resemble what they're based on at all. Civil War delivered on what Iron Man promised almost a decade ago, I feel like its all better.
>>
The real superheroes are the nigger-killing cops
>>
bestbroooooook
>>
>>69999666
W I T N E S S E D
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.