[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else mad at how they basically turned him into a woman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: the-night-manager.jpg (431 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
the-night-manager.jpg
431 KB, 2000x1335
Anyone else mad at how they basically turned him into a woman beating racist in the last 30 minutes to make him seem more villainous?
>>
the last ep was dumb, too much of a fairytale ending where he turned into a dumb villain caricature. disappointing. the pilot and the final ep were bad, everything in between was awesome
>>
You know he was smuggling illegal weapons the whole show right
>>
>>69997653

It felt great, him having an outburst temper makes complete sense. I mean he smuggled weapons through refugee camps, he was beyond a bottom feeder.
>>
I loved the smug ass attitude until the last minute where he realized it really is over
>>
>>69998240
He was landing hundreds of millions of dollars for just setting shit up and being a bit careful.

The ending sucked, completely formulaic, as if they simply went and blew all of their budget on the weapons test scene and decided that that was good enough.

I also like how the main characters only motivation for stopping House, is that he was fucking some whore who got killed.
He literally spent no more than 24 hours with her, and he's so broken up about her death he'll infiltrate and destroy the guy who killed her.
>>
>>69998178
Cuddy had mob connections. The hospital administration would "transfer" unknown patients off-site to be sold into sexual slavery.

That and when Wilson found out he had terminal cancer, he started building a suitcase nuke.
>>
Is there literally any reason why Gregory House and Richard Roper couldn't be the same person?
>>
>>69998465

I said this from the beginning

Whole show can be boiled down to Much Ado About a Dead Whore
>>
>>69998465
I mean it wasn't just because some slut was killed, the protagonist used to be a soldier, he knows how fucked up the weapons roper was smuggling were

He kept on rewatching that one interview with roper lying through his teeth about his investment while being praised as some sort of philanthropist, its not unreasonable to despise the guy
>>
>>69997653
>basically turned him into a woman beating racist

You mean, like every British villain since the rise and of the nu left?
>>
Implying the woman beating was some sort of trait and not the fact he was fuckin pissed
>>
>>69998502

Combing other shows together, nice. blacklist does fit the night manager theme.

>>69998465

I never honestly thought too much about it because if you're looking for deep reasons in a story you're often going to be disappointed. People do things because they can. House corrupted and did whatever he wanted because he could, he got played into a corner. Under normal circumstances he would have bought his way out of it, his recent foibles and short sightedness ended up fucking him. It wasn't all planned either because you see at the very end that he is telling his handler subtlety to just go with it.

the more reasoning you give tom's character, the more cliche it becomes. I mean Tomorrow never dies has a similar plot in a lot of ways.

Revenge stories are many anon so if you wanted more of a complicated reasoning I could understand but the story, content was just a vehicle for a spy romp.
>>
File: 1462764849652-v.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462764849652-v.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>69998502
HOLY SHIT I'M LOLING
>>
>>69998502
When house faked his death and wilson got executed by the russian mafia he started smuggling weapons in iraq
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with smuggling weapons to sandniggers so they can kill other sandniggers
>>
That made him a hero in my eyes
>>
Wait he beat Cuddy and Foreman in the last ep??? Seriously?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.