[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (369 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369 KB, 1000x1500
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
>>69996957
Too patrician for /tv/ tbqh familia
>>
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 1000x1500
>>69996987
you could say that about a lot of films senpaitachi.
>>
>>69996957
A charismatic cast with great banter, and a well written gay guy for once if you care about that.

I honestly can't remember a thing about the story (watched it less than a year ago) but I enjoyed it and will watch it again
>>
I watched it because of delicious Shannyn Sossamon

RIP
>>
>>69996957

Great movie that I can watch any time of day.

>Val Kilmer shoots bad guy with his 'faggot gun'
>"Oh thank GOD you had a gun in there."
>"What?"
>"I dunno... I thought it was like a 'gay' thing you guys could do."

RDJ's comic timing is spot-on in this one. Fucking based.
>>
>>69997801
>You put a live round in that gun?
>Well yeah, there was like an 8% chance
>EIGHT? EIGHT? WHO TAUGHT YOU MATH
I rented it in 05/06, and basically watched it every day that week
>>
>>69997961

>YOU! STOP MULTIPLYING!

Kilmer makes me grin like an idiot every time.
>>
>>69996957
I love it. I hope TNG is as much fun. Trailer seems to indicate as much.

Shane Black is great. He should be tied to a desk and forced to churn out buddy flicks for those with no time to develop friendships.
>>
>>69996957
it's basically become "reddit: the black comedy."
>>
>>69997732
She ain't dead, nigga.
>>
>>69996957
Great comedy, one of my favorites.
>>
>>69998420

She died in the movie.
>>
it has like five shitty beginning scenes and five shitty ending scenes but the actual meat of the movie is 100% gold
>>
>>69998369

You're thinking of Soul Plane.
>>
>>69998480

>five shitty ending scenes

The part with Elvis and Lincoln had me cracking up.
>>
>>69996957
after watching The Nice Guys, I realized why I was not impressed with Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: The stories for both movies are needlessly complicated, too many jokes are beaten to death to the point of becoming a nuisance (Val Kilmer is gay hahaha, Ryan Gosling screams like a girl hahaha), and he constant whiplash between goofy buddy comedy and gritty serious drama which made my head spin.
>>
>>69998420
She might as well be
>>
>>69996957
Mid '00s garbage. Totally forgettable. To Millennials, it's a work of genius because it came out when they were about 15, and all movies are "awesome" when you are 15.
>>
>>69998585

>hating on based Shane Black

I bet you don't even like Lethal Weapon, you massive homo.
>>
Haven't seen it a while but remember it being pretty hilarious. However the story just didn't matter.
>>
>>69998555

I get where you're coming from, but to be fair Shane Black is more or less making love letters to shitty pulp novels from the 50's and 60's - which if you've ever read those, you know can be kind of one note and repetitive.
>>
>>69998771
Lethal Weapon ain't that great. IT has a couple good scenes but ultimately there are better buddy cop movies. Like Lethal Weapon 2
>>
Iron Man 3 is Shane Black's best movie that he directed. There I said it and I mean it.
>>
>>69998838

Shane Black wrote Lethal Weapon 2. It was his idea to make the villains from South Africa.

>>69998908

It's my favorite MCU movie for the sole reason that it actually has a specific director's feel and signature. Any problem that movie has ties directly back to the suits at Marvel. Black wanted the Mandarin to be more true to the comics but Marvel refused to risk upsetting the Chinese corporation who funded Iron Man 3.
>>
Aren't this and "The Nice Guys" the same movie?
>>
>>69999051
I don't think that's true anon. I believe he wanted a female villain originally but the pelrmutter guy didn't allow it. I think it was his choice to not make Mandarin comic accurate.
>>
File: bane.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
pro gay kike propaganda. belongs to reddit.
>>
>>69999225

At face value? Absolutely. Once you've seen them both, they're actually pretty different.
>>
>>69999302

>>>/pol/
>>
>>69999225
same director but different overall.
>>
>>69998771
Comparing Lethal Weapon to this piece of shit. Who is the homo, friendo?
>>
>>69996957
Michelle Monaghan was hot as fuck in this. Waifu material tbqh.
>>
>>69999051
>>69999266

Black spends a good chunk of this interview apologizing for Iron Man 3.

http://uproxx.com/movies/shane-black-the-nice-guys-iron-man-3/
>>
>>69999787
Great interview he's not apologising for Iron Man 3.
>>
>>70000558
he shouldn't, it was great.
>>
Not bad, I liked it, but it could have been a lot better with some tweaks to make the different plot-lines more connected. Half of the movie felt inconsequential.
>>
File: kDhytbq.jpg (15 KB, 640x269) Image search: [Google]
kDhytbq.jpg
15 KB, 640x269
One of my favorite movies
>>
>>69998585
I watched it last week, thought it was pretty good, fuck off.
>>
>if you look up idiot in the dictionary you know what you'd find?
>a picture of me?
>no, the definition of the word idiot, which you fucking are
>>
Comfy and great to watch with pleb friends.
>>
>>69996957
Comfy as fuck
Great banter and acting
Basicaly love letter too 60s pulp novels
>>
>>69996957
reddit fucking trash

armond white told me shane black is a hack
>>
>>69996957
comfy

Val Kilmer and RDJ have great chemistry
>>
>>69996957
Funniest movie of the millennium. Go watch The Nice Guys. It's a less dark and less funny Kiss Kiss Bang Bang but it's still really good.
>>
>>70004444
quads confirm
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.