[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS THIS THE TRUE POWER OF ANIMEKINO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: latest[1].jpg (4 MB, 5000x7000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
4 MB, 5000x7000
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-23/fullmetal-alchemist-manga-gets-live-action-film-in-winter-2017/.102420

>Fullmetal Alchemist Manga Gets Live-Action Film in Winter 2017

>Warner Brothers officially announced on Tuesday that a live-action film adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga is in the works and is slated to premiere in Japan in winter 2017. Filming is scheduled to begin in Italy at the beginning of June, and wrap up in Japan in the second half of August.

>The film will star Ryōsuke Yamada (Hey! Say! JUMP member and live-action Assassination Classroom's Nagisa) as Edward Elric, Tsubasa Honda (live-action Blue Spring Ride's Futaba) (pictured top right in image to the right) as Winry Rockbell, and Dean Fujioka (live-action Happy Marriage!?) (pictured bottom left in image to the right) as Roy Mustang. Other cast members include:
>>
make it stop
>>
I hope they make Alphonse a woman and it's played by Scarlett Johansson because apparently, even though she's shit in everything she has ever done in her life, she can do no wrong.
>>
This is fine, the manga is ass. Just cool people doing cool things, no substance at all. The ending is fucking awful in particular.

The original anime series, which is actually really good, remains unhamed.
>>
File: 1464143718663.jpg (51 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1464143718663.jpg
51 KB, 625x626
>>69996171
>>
>>69996115
NOPE

http://fusion.net/story/306067/fullmetal-alchemist-japanese-cast/

>No white people will star in the ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ movie, and that’s a beautiful thing

/pol/ BTFO
>>
>>69996203
It's true. The manga is shounen. The author baits you into believing there are themes in the first twenty chapters, and then stomps all over them. Every time something interesting or edgy happens, it turns out that it actually didn't. There are no bad people in the manga. Homunculi don't have souls so they don't count. Scar and Barry dindu nufin and are forgiven for all the murders. Themes from the start are stomped the fuck over. Additionally, a shounen will not translate well into a live action, because it simply can not if it doesn't want to come across as Power Rangers, so you can rest calmly knowing that there is literally no way this could be good.

The original anime, however is seinen. It has tight story, and no filler, with each element and character introduced for a reason and having something to contribute to the main theme. It actually deals with the ideas established in the beginning in the manga, examines them, and reaches a conclusion on them. There is a lot to fuck up there, if you adapt it.
>>
>>69996444
Nope.
>>
>>69996171
I prefer the original anime also.

And now that this film is being made, no one can complain about American GitS having a white people as the lead.
>>
>>69996444
Shonen and Seinen are not genre's, they are demographics.
>>
>>69996609
>no one can complain about American GitS having a white people as the lead

The fuck I can't. I still plan to never watch that movie so long as Scarjo is starring and will shit on it on every opportunity I can. Motoko is Japanese.
>>
>>69996278
I thought full metal alchemist was set in Europe?
>>
>>69996917
>I thought full metal alchemist was set in Europe?
Fuck you and your common sense and logic.

The story is from Japan.
So all of the characters must be asian.
Fucking duh.
>>
>>69996609
I am going to forever complain for hollywood ruining GitS
>>
>>69996010
>animekino
>[blank]kino
>kino
>Kino
>KINO
That stupid word has made y'all retarded.
>>
>>69996626
That's cool, but they affect the writing, which is the point. Brotherhood is meant for kids.

>>69996917
The original anime was set in an alternate world version of Germany. The movie is set in real world Germany in the late 1930s. I still don't very well understand why that's not what they adapt, since it's got gypsies and jews and racism is a pretty big theme, you'd think that would be big in the producer's eyes.

The country is named Amestris in the manga though, which from a bunch of stuff you can figure out is meant to reference America.
>>
>>69996917
Its set in a fictional universe. The movie sequel isn't canon.

FMAB is the real canon anyhow, its better than the original series.
>>
File: 1298127492235.png (13 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
1298127492235.png
13 KB, 300x350
>>69997143
>The country is named Amestris in the manga though, which from a bunch of stuff you can figure out is meant to reference America.

Amestris references several European countries from architecture to government. It's not really based on anything in particular. Nothing about it outwardly American.
>>
>>69996010

>gook actors

Irrelevant
>>
>>69996897
autistic retard
>>
>>69997304
I meant the sand people calling them Ammies, mostly. Seems like a dead giveaway. That aside of them being people in uniforms fighting sand people to begin with. You could make a Britain colonies argument, I guess.

More importantly, as far as Japan is concerned, Europe doesn't really exist. West is America. Bradley is called Fuhrer because they think it sounds cool.
>>
>>69996444
checked
>>
>>69997472

it's pretty obviously Europe, not America
>>
>>69996897
>Motoko is Japanese.
In a robot body. So it doesn't fucking matter. Stay triggered
>>
>>69997472
You don't know shit.
>>
File: armstrong.gif (1017 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
armstrong.gif
1017 KB, 500x277
>>69996010
>>69996278
>japanese actors playing european, middle eastern, and chinese characters
>they will resort to face painting to create the ethnic differences between cast members
>other option is to gloss over the themes of racism, ethnic cleansing, and cultural genocide

OUT-RAAA-GEOUS! THE NOBLE TALES OF THE ELRIC BROTHERS DEMAND THE FULLEST ATTENTION TO DETAIL!

BUT FEAR NOT!
PLAY WRITING AND FILM CASTING ARE ARTS THAT HAVE BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!
>>
Animekino
>>
>>69997707
This brings back memories
>>
>>69997029

Whitewashing never followed logic. Why should we start now?
>>
File: 1289128634199.gif (1 MB, 264x150) Image search: [Google]
1289128634199.gif
1 MB, 264x150
>>69997472
>You could make a Britain colonies argument, I guess.

Now you're using that noggin of yours.

>West is America. Bradley is called Fuhrer because they think it sounds cool.

He's called Fuhrer because Amestris is a military republic, at least it is from what I remember. Run out of Central City.

After Bradly's death, the country governance was handed over to non-military officials.
>>
This is just some live action cheapo shit, not a Hollywood production or even a real movie.
>>
SnK had a jap cast too. No reason to get upset now.
>>
>>69996010
There is only one anime that's Kino
>>
>>69998104
I concur.
>>
File: 1460235689253.gif (2 MB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
1460235689253.gif
2 MB, 640x272
>>69998104

I agree
>>
>>69997811
>>69997472
It's a thinly veiled reference to Nazi Germany.
>all the blonde people
>they have a fuhrer
>ethnic cleansing with human experimentation
>quick better change those blue eyes to yellow
I mean the worse anime was super overt about it, but the better series made it equally clear. There are details alluding to other countries mixed it, but the big one is Nazi Germany.
>>
>>69996010
>The film will star Ryōsuke Yamada (Hey! Say! JUMP member and live-action Assassination Classroom's Nagisa) as Edward Elric
YELLOW WASHING
>>
I can't wait to see SJWs bitch and moan when most of the characters are cast as white people when the story takes place in a sort of fictional central Europe with most pre-WWII tech and politics.

I guess some characters could be argued to be asian but it'd be a stretch (with the exception of the obvious chinese characters who should remain Chinese).
>>
>>69996171
Agreed you weasle fuck.
All the newfags brought in by the remake will meme at you as a replacement for downvoting you but know that you aren't alone
>>
There is no anikino.
>>
>>69996010

Are they doing this because YA adaptations are now dead and they want to compensate with something else or are they doing this as a way to infiltrate the anime and manga industry with SJW nonsense?
>>
>>69998253
Berserk's gud, but the manga is better.
>>69998202
Haven't seen Utena, but i know Anno and Ikuhara are pretty homo for each other (tho Anno has a wife).
>>
can someone tell me what the fuck does kino means?
>>
>>69998458
>or are they doing this as a way to infiltrate the anime and manga industry with SJW nonsense?
not possible, it may be consumed in the west but it comes from the east. If japs start pandering to them then its all over
>>
The Japaense film industry operates at about the level of your average Asylum film.

Pass.
>>
>>69998491
its when a movie has boobies, but they are fancy and art like so you don't touch yourself
>>
>>69996444

I can see what you are talking here. FMA 2007 has a focused theme so it actually matters to you, and the conspiracy FMA:B didn't satisfy you because it doesn't have a structured character that somehow you want them to be more related to the main concept (which didn't exist in the first place).

I had great moments with FMA:B, but once again, I understand you clearly.
>>
File: fooly_kino.gif (996 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
fooly_kino.gif
996 KB, 500x345
>>69998104
that much is true
>>
>>69996010
This be cool if the Japanese weren't doing it. After AoT and Death Note, they don't know how to handle their own material.
>>
>>69999068
better than eva tbqf
>>
>>69996171
Nah. The entire manga had the theme of friendship. But only certain chapters dealt with government conspiracy, immigration, sibling rivalry, what it means to have a soul and many more subjects.

First anime sucked. Fantastic voice work and a great score. But the change in characters was off and felt odd. It could be my manga bias.

Second anime was great. Pretty much just the manga but in anime form.

Both movies sucked.
>>
File: HARRYYY - Copy.jpg (90 KB, 1120x600) Image search: [Google]
HARRYYY - Copy.jpg
90 KB, 1120x600
>>69996010
>http://fusion.net/story/306067/fullmetal-alchemist-japanese-cast/

>Implying gooks can act
>>
>>69996171
>>69996444

>>69998727

I think it all comes back to people's personal taste whether they prefer the original run or brotherhood (which I think, as some posters have mentioned above, is shit).

Both stories go to shit halfway through. In the original run you can tell when it started to deviate from the manga since it became overly grimdark, depressive, or whatever other similar buzzword you can think of.

On brotherhood it went full shonen which was even worse. I think both adaptations have their faults but the premise of the show (in my plebeian opinion) fits more with a darker tone which masked a lot of the flaws the story had. The original story/brotherhood lacks this and it makes it seem overly "childish".

I'm drunk and it is kinda late so my shit might not make sense. I apologize
>>
>>69999742
literally fucking why
>>
>chink/gook cast
dead on arrival
>>
>>69996010
>WB gonna ruin one of the few only good animes

Aren't they already satisfied by ruining batman and supes?
>>
File: FMA-FML.png (743 KB, 537x671) Image search: [Google]
FMA-FML.png
743 KB, 537x671
>>69999742
>http://fusion.net/story/306067/fullmetal-alchemist-japanese-cast/

>they all look the same
>Did somebody blink?
>>
>>70000594
fuck
>>
>>70000594
>an effeminate Ed

Ugh. Fucking Japs.
>>
>>70000594
It never stops being so offputting how completely different anime characters and japanese people are. Japs are the last thing you should cast as animu.
>>
>>70000563
I think all anime to live action is doomed to fail unless in the right, competent hands.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.