[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher got regular a modest ratings on debut: 2 mill is lo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: arsefaceheader.jpg (124 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
arsefaceheader.jpg
124 KB, 640x320
Preacher got regular a modest ratings on debut: 2 mill is low for a premiere, even more if follows FTWD finale

Is over, it´s Constantine TV show again. It will be cancelled after one season for sure.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/amcs-preacher-debuts-to-modest-ratings
>>
what did you think of it
>>
Except it's actually really good.

I was very surprised at how well it was made and how even though it's got a cliche horror/religious thing happening, it's not just reddit pandering.

Biggest positive is that it has really creative editing and cinematography. There are really no shows on television right now (besides Better Call Saul) that have interesting editing and images. It's all just point the camera at the actor shit. In this pilot episode (lets hope they keep it up) it seems like they really tried hard to keep the shots interesting, which is such a breath of fresh air.
>>
Breaking Bad premiered with 1.4 million viewers you fucking cunt faggot nigger retard cuck
>>
It's really well put together and has that quirky tinge that Breaking Bad and GTA has. But will Reddit flock to it? Just about everyone dropped BCS before season 2. Unlike that this is actually fun.
>>
>>69995289
Is not about if is good or not

>>69995305
In a time when AMC wasn´t a reference for good TV.
>>
Game of thrones is currently its competition, so yeah its gonna have a shit less amount of viewers. But it is a good show from the pilot, so if it keeps it up, and they switch to a open slot next year not against GOT then itll be more successful
>>
>>69995046
>>69995046

I'm guessing normies will hate it, which means it's good
>>
If it was just a straight adaptation it woukd be solid gokd

Instead rogaine and his pal let their egos get in the mix, wanting to make their mark on it, and turned it into 100% cartoon self-parody

The casting is bad, the acting and accents - except gilgun who is a god as in all things - are bad, and the writing is bad. They claimed they were fans of Ennis' story but have proved that they are not.
>>
>>69995046
It was pretty bad. It needs to fail and fuck Rogan.
>>
>>69995305
Breaking Bad didn't follow the most watched show on television either.
>>
>>69995046
I want this, Lucifer, and Constantine crossover as one Vertigo universe, fuck DC mainline series.
>>
i actually liked it

very well-made.

comicfags need to fuck off and die
>>
>>69996199
>fear the walking dead
>most watched show on tv
Holy fuck, how retarded are you? The walking dead might be, but fear is not. Just because something spins off from the most popular thing doesn't make it the most popular. At one point breaking bad was the most popular and look at BCS, nobody fucking watches it and the only reason it isn't cancelled is precisely because of the fact that it's a spin off of their best show.
>>
File: Preacher 001-025.jpg (549 KB, 1074x1650) Image search: [Google]
Preacher 001-025.jpg
549 KB, 1074x1650
>>69996385
capeshit needs to die, why are you adapting a comic into a show when you're gonna change all of it?

why not just make a new original ip in the first place if you are planing on alienating the comic fans

AMC's preacher is kinda like if FOX's last man on earth was the comic adaptation of Y: The last man

>changing pic related
>>
File: Preacher 065-005.jpg (530 KB, 1988x1336) Image search: [Google]
Preacher 065-005.jpg
530 KB, 1988x1336
>>69996794
>no john wayne

and unless they do something about his eyes later on we're not getting pic related
>>
File: Preacher 001-030.jpg (154 KB, 614x866) Image search: [Google]
Preacher 001-030.jpg
154 KB, 614x866
>>69996838
and did we really need an ethiopian tulip?

nig-nogs are 12% of the US pop, must we have them everywhere for the sake of muh diversity

eat shit cuck rogen and l'chaim goldberg
>>
File: 960.jpg (69 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
69 KB, 960x540
>>69996925
It really sucks, people are actually defending this. Mostly non-comic book fans and what pisses me off is that the only argument I have seen is "if you ignore the comics then you can enjoy it" then why in the holy mother of fuck call it PREACHER. It just pushes away any sort of faithful adaptation from actually happening and instead we get this fucking shit tv show.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-24-22h12m26s220.png (131 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-24-22h12m26s220.png
131 KB, 624x352
>>69997465
also, his father's a preacher now
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.