[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Network?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: tv-incarnate.jpg (509 KB, 1260x716) Image search: [Google]
tv-incarnate.jpg
509 KB, 1260x716
Just saw it for the first time. I thought it was fucking great.
>>
One of the all time greats for sure. Severely underrated.
>>
It makes me mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!
>>
YOU HAVE MEDDLED WITH THE PRIMAL FORCES OF NATURE MR. BEALE
>>
>>69994670
its good, thus thread will 404 in
>>
>>69994670
The reality show with the symbionese liberation army was the best, and amazingly prescient
>>
Gonna watch it tonight, it's been on my backlog for ages now.
>>
>>69994670
Loved it. Heard it one of PTA's favourite films and decided to watch.

A movie way ahead of its time and still relavent today. Also it has one of the best speeches in film.

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.

We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'

Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. (shouting) You've got to say: 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!'
>>
Hey, maybe this thread will be a hit after all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxqkrmkhrjw
>>
>>69994893

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sG40zsq3kI

Go to the 2:00
>>
File: GreatTelevision.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
GreatTelevision.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>
File: WoeIsUs.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
WoeIsUs.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>69994981
>>
A fucking masterpiece.

btw 1776 was a great year and one of my favs (Netwok, Rocky, and Taxi Driver, the glorious trinity of kino)
>>
>>69994962

That's fantastic, thankyou anon!
>>
File: Shekels.webm (2 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Shekels.webm
2 MB, 768x432
>>69995032
>>
lumet is a hack
>>
>>69995069
Yes, also a good year in founding documents of the US: Common Sense and the Dec. of Independence. Oh, apparently Wealth of Nations and the first volume of Gibbon's History came out that year too.
>>
Has anyone seen any of the other movies Paddy Chayefsky wrote screenplays for?
>>
>>69995069
>Netwok
I never thought a movie about a Chinese cooking show would be so compelling
>>
File: 1464144966609.jpg (29 KB, 214x226) Image search: [Google]
1464144966609.jpg
29 KB, 214x226
>>69995510
>Marty
aged like diet milk

>The Catered Affair
okay

>The Hospital
good

>Altered States
bad

>Middle of the Night or Paint Your Wagon
seen soon
>>
Network and All the President's Men were two of the greatest films of 1976. (So was Silent Movie, but that's a comedy)
>>
>>69995813
I wouldn't exactly call Altered States "bad" but I had heard that Chayefsky hated what Russell did with his script.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.