[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Love & Mercy good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is Love & Mercy good?
>>
>>69991112
yeah
>>
>>69991112
Not really. Cusack is good in it though.
>>
It's fantastic.
>>
>>69991132
Cusack might be good innit, but Dano is just...

CLASSIC
>>
>>69991132
that's backwards

it's good, cusack isn't. john cusack's brian wilson was literally john cusack, he didn't even try.
>>
>>69991140
Say that again...
>>
I liked it a lot
>>
>>69991214
it's a classic
>>
Yes, especially if you're tired of typical bland "tortured genius" musician biopics, this one has a better, much more enjoyable structure
>>
John Cusack's parts were 6/10.

Classic Paul Dano's parts were 10/10.
>>
Old Brian should've been cut out entirely, his story was boring and cliched
I'm not Paul Dano btw
>>
Cusack's portrayal was actually fairly true to Brian's behaviour/mannerisms around that time. Judging from interviews anyway
>>
>>69991368
How was his story boring and cliched? Is there a lot of musicians that spend like a decade under an influence of a crazy psychologist?

I also thought that it was pretty nice that for once woman in a biopic is somebody who saves a main character instead of standing in his way. I guess it's easier because that shit really happened
>>
I was actually expecting a meme thread, and someone posting "C". You dissapointed me, /tv/.
>>
The 60s stuff was pretty amazing and the 80s stuff was pretty boring with a few good moments... just like Brian Wilson's music.
>>
Excellent movie. Dano was great. Elizabeth Banks was surprisingly good.
>>
it sucked like all biopics. Dano was too "Golly Gee I want to make great music". cliched as fuck.
>>
NIGGER RUN
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.