[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Better Bimbo Bond Option
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Karen Gillan Bond.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Karen Gillan Bond.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
I am sorry. Gillian Anderson is old. I love her. I watched X-Files religiously and liked her role in Hannibal. But if I have to suffer a gender swap of an iconic character, I don't want to worry about the actress developing osteoporosis and breaking bones during light action sequences. Karen Gillan is a far better option. Who else would you consider for the role if we had to cast a woman?
>>
No one

Cuz it won't happen
>>
>>69982142
It rather Karen Gillen was my gf than Bond tbqh
>>
i love karen but any answer other than blunt or arterton is kinda meh tbqh
>>
>>69982212
Forgot about Blunt. Would be acceptable I think. Gemma Arterton doesn't seem that different from Karen Gillan imo.

>>69982202
Well, yeah. Obviously.
>>
File: smugliv.webm (352 KB, 708x720) Image search: [Google]
smugliv.webm
352 KB, 708x720
Why does it have to be a tall woman or even a strong woman why cant we have a qt kiwi jane bond instead of a british one
>>
File: karen gillian selfie.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
karen gillian selfie.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>69982142
>First Bond: Scottish
>First Female Bond: also Scottish

P O T T E R Y
>>
>>69982423
Honestly, because we have an expectation of our Bond character to be able to withstand a certain amount of brute force. You may be able to swing a medium sized woman fighting krav maga style, but anyone who actually practices these arts acknowledges size presents limitations in force.
>>
>>69982469
holey shite
>>
>>69982469
What is this?
>>
>>69982469
Man, I miss that show. Was the only show I could watch a hot chick do anything while sitting next to my wife and she didn't care.
>>
>>69982142
>if we had to cast a woman?

I don't understand this.

Casting is an essential part of story telling, and yet you somehow think that a female, ANY female, would be appropriate for the role of James Bond? It's not. It's totally inappropriate, and doesn't fit the character at all.

Casting a female as Bond just doesn't make any sense.

Create a new character, instead, and let it succeed or fail on their own.
>>
>>69982675
Selfie. Her show last television season that was cancelled. Was actually pretty good comedy. We need more Selfie Webms.
>>
>>69982709
I agree. Most of us do.

We know that one of the intrinsic features of the character was that he was suave enough to bed any woman, something that men have to work pretty hard to do, even when we are good looking. An average looking woman can bed most single men without any real effort. A woman in the role would not be the same.

This thread was started to put some ideas in the heads of the assholes that would do such a thing so that if it does happen, it is at least a woman we would want to see.
>>
>>69982698
It was great because she was playing a hot chick that loved having sex and dressing up in skimpy outfits.

So it was bound to fail in this day and age.
>>
File: karen-gillan-39.jpg (775 KB, 1389x1745) Image search: [Google]
karen-gillan-39.jpg
775 KB, 1389x1745
>>69982929
Yeah, but it was also a story about how such a woman developing self-worth could be more successful and happy in life. If it had been allowed to run it's course it might actually have championed both conservative and SJW values, or at least some of each.
>>
>>69982469
PAAAAAAAAAARP!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.