[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I went and looked up the RT scores for Miyazaki's feature-length
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: hegykvvedeijj8gt44qe.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1241) Image search: [Google]
hegykvvedeijj8gt44qe.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1241
So, I went and looked up the RT scores for Miyazaki's feature-length works to compare them:

Cagliostro - 90%
Nausicaa - 87%
Laputa - 95%
Totoro - 93%
Kiki's Delivery Service - 96%
Porco Rosso - 94%
Whisper Of The Heart - 91% (yes, I'm counting it)
Princess Mononoke - 92%
Spirited Away - 97%
Howl's Moving Castle - 87%
Ponyo - 92%
The Wind Rises - 89%

Therefore, according to the above:

Spirited Away > Kiki's Delivery Service > Laputa: Castle In The Sky > Porco Rosso > My Neighbour Totoro > Princess Mononoke = Ponyo > Whisper of The Heart > The Castle Of Cagliostro > The Wind Rises > Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind = Howl's Moving Castle

Or I guess you could also present it like this:

TOP TIER:
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
Laputa: Castle In The Sky

UPPER MID TIER:
Porco Rosso
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke

LOWER MID TIER:
Ponyo
Whisper Of The Heart
The Castle Of Cagliostro

BOTTOM TIER:
The Wind Rises
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Howl's Moving Castle

To what extent do you agree with RT's scores here? Personally I think The Wind Rises, Nausicaa and Cagliostro should all be higher, the latter especially as it's up there with The Princess Bride for me as pretty much THE archetypal adventure movie.

Also, general Ghibli thread.
>>
>>69980575
holy shit that turned out longer than I intended
>>
>>69980575
Shut up autist.
>>
I like this thread, but I don't like you OP, you wasted your time.
>>
>>69980575
>supporting the r/t meme
Hey capeshitter
>>
>>69980575
>Laputa and Kiki that high
>above Nausicaa, Totoro, Porco Rosso, Mononoke
Fucking what
>>
>>69980575
Nausicaa is top 3 t b h
>>
>>69981050
Just posting what the aggregate says, man. Mononoke is my favourite personally.
>>
>>69980575
>Whisper Of The Heart
>Lower Mid Tier
delete this thread
>>
>>69980575
Thats funny

Spirited Away is my favorite movie of all time and The Wind Rises is my second favorite Miyazaki film, also in my top 10 favorites.
>>
File: Captură.png (238 KB, 751x436) Image search: [Google]
Captură.png
238 KB, 751x436
Step up, Senpai.
>>
>>69980575
Like his movies, hate him because he was a hack.
>>
>>69980575
my personal ranking:

Princess Mononoke = Spirited Away >> The Wind Rises > The Castle Of Cagliostro > Porco Rosso = Kiki's Delivery Service = My Neighbour Totoro > Laputa > Nausicaa (desu probably have just over-watched it atm) > Whisper Of The Heart > Ponyo > Howl's Moving Castle (though I do still have a soft spot for it; none of them are anything less than good-tier imo)
>>
>>69981454
okay, Kaguya is pretty excellent even if I think there's a bit of memery going on to give it 100%, but Only Yesterday? Seriously? I didn't even realise the father and the son at the farm were separate characters until, like, the penultimate scene. It has plenty of moments and a lovely art style but it hangs together pretty loosely as a film and the pacing sucks compared to Miyazaki's work. I prefer Takahata's art style but even though Miyazaki is more populist I think he has more charm and a better filmic touch.
>>
>>69980575
amazing how they still all have scores above 85%
>>
>>69981875
yeah, not bad for a directorial career spanning 1979-2013
>>
>>69981640
That's what happens when a film gets 3 reviews, all of them positive.
>>
takahata was/is better than miyazaki and its not even close either

a lot of the non ghibli anime directors too (kon, oshii, even that retard anno)

in fact the only obvious one who might be worse is otomo
>>
>>69982478
bait
>>
>>69981197
muh nigguh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.