[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a turbo pleb who wants to get into entry level film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 234234234234.jpg (169 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
234234234234.jpg
169 KB, 640x1136
I'm a turbo pleb who wants to get into entry level film like Bresson, Bergson, Tarkvoskvsky etc.

Is there any good charts or lists for that?
>>
>>69980123
Golden Rules for Patrician Film:
>stop watching capeshit
>start with the 90's, then the 60's
>quit complaining about film length
>stop getting on /tv/
>>
Just work your way through the 1001 list, in random order. If a film catches your interest, watch everything else by that director.
>>
File: 1443972463136.png (343 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
1443972463136.png
343 KB, 463x600
>>69980123
>Bergson
>>
You should watch some movies by Bresson, Bergson(?), Tarkvoskvsky etc.
>>
>>69980461
that mostly seems like pop movies like batman and blade runner .
>>
>wants to get into
goddamn you people are annoying.
>>
>>69980524
told you im a turbo pleb I mean that wild strawberries guy.

>>69980550
Ive seen a few films by them and am looking for others that are kind of in that vein
>>
>>69980636
Im sorry, I dont know where else to start
>>
>>69980680
Start by watching movies by the people you mentioned. Then watch more if you liked them. Then watch their contemporaries. Read articled about them, google them to find stuff. Then figure out who they influenced, and who they were influenced by. It's not fucking rocket science.

If you didn't like them then that's fine, unless you for some fucked up reason still "want to get into them" even if you don't like them, then you should kill yourself.
>>
>>69980637
watch Pickpocket (Bresson) Andre Rublev (Tarkovsky) and Through a Glass Darkly (Bergman)
>>
>>69980786
alright Ill just look up the directors and their influences thanks.
>>
I don't know of you are still here but my advice is to start with godard. He's a bit plebby and hated here, but he is really good entry level stuff. His films are easy to watch, short mostly, and can be digested without too much external guidance. I think anyone would enjoy Breathless, you know?
>>
>>69981051
I've already watched Breathless and Le Fou and enjoyed them. Any more from him?

>>69980816
ill watch these thanks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.