[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are opinions so polarised between critics and audiences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why are opinions so polarised between critics and audiences? I thought it was a great film, I can get that it might not really be "horror", but calling it boring? What the fuck are people on about? seriously does everyone have the attention span of a 7 year old?
>>
Film's The VVitch btw
>>
Normies went in expecting Paranormal Activity 12, and they got atmospheric horror so they thought it was boring.
>>
Critics look at a film objectively.

View look at a film subjectively.
>>
>>69979238
/thread
Any horror that depends on the imagination of the audience to be scary will experience this.
>>
>>69979339

>Criticism
>Objetive

Pick 0n3
>>
>>69979339
>Critics look at a film objectively

Top fuckin bait right there
>>
Because audience members are stupid now and obsessed with their cell phones.
>>
Paid reviews, pal reviews, or just dick-sucking
>>
>>69979189
Critical and audience reviews don't significantly diverge that often, and when they do it usually amounts to "audiences found a good movie boring".
>>
>>69979189
I cant think of any movies that audiences like more than critics that are any good
>>
>>69979189
because the general movie going audience are fucking retarded cows shoveling popcorn down their throats who think something jumping into screen and making a loud noise is "horror"
>>
>>69980146
/thread
>>
Critics have a wellspring have references that orient the movie--Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby, other atmospheric and heavily visual movies. Modern audiences don't know how to watch movies like that, and thus think that it's bad.
>>
>>69979189
It's Christian propaganda. No one wants to listen to that garbage.
>>
File: rockbottom.jpg (31 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
rockbottom.jpg
31 KB, 512x384
>>69980634
cant tell if bait or youre retarded
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.