[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martha scene from BvS explained; When Superman says “Save
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: Can Marvel do this.jpg (932 KB, 3456x2938) Image search: [Google]
Can Marvel do this.jpg
932 KB, 3456x2938
Martha scene from BvS explained;

When Superman says “Save Martha”, Batman gets angry and thinks, for a second, that he is actually a God. He knows what happened to his mother and that he didn’t do anything to save her from the killer.

When Batman finds out that Martha is just Clark’s mother, he starts seeing him as a mere human, a human that cares about others. “He is almost dead and his last words are to save his mother, he is no different than me.”

This time Bruce can actually do something and save Martha, so he doesn’t even think twice. He jumps on the ship and goes save her.

That was the whole point. Not because they share a name.
>>
File: superman-jesus-arrested.jpg (41 KB, 839x300) Image search: [Google]
superman-jesus-arrested.jpg
41 KB, 839x300
Snyder's mind works in a whole different level
>>
>>69977749
This is the most acceptable explanation I can take.

Good job at putting it together.
>>
File: BvS Martha.jpg (144 KB, 837x388) Image search: [Google]
BvS Martha.jpg
144 KB, 837x388
>>
Wow, you're a genius OP
Nobody thought of that
>>
>>69977749
Even if this were true Snyder handles his own vision like an autist handles a cat
>>
>>69977749
Agreed, well said, but also because they share a name, obviously.
>>
>>69977749
BvS is actually a good superhero movie.

In a few years it will be a classic that people will defend on the internet with 30 minute videos.

When Wayne's father dies his last words are Martha(his wife) When Superman is dying at the hands of Batman he last words are about Martha (his mom) Forced Batman to realise that Superman is as human as his father was and killing superman goes against why he became batman in the first place
>>
It's pretty obvious he's going nuts because he's about to kill someone and that person says his mother's name.

Everything else is made up bullshit.
>>
I didn't get that at first, thank you for clearing it up.
Now go and shoot yourself.
>>
I really don't get all the hate for the Martha part, I don't remember the comics ever played with the fact that their mothers have the same name, so I find it cool that somehow that was acknowledged
>>
File: 1366239054416.jpg (183 KB, 1869x1004) Image search: [Google]
1366239054416.jpg
183 KB, 1869x1004
yes they can you cinema embryo
>>
>>69977749
Batffeck realizes the justice that was due to superman for Black Zero events,was also due onto him for wreaking havoc on criminals. He realizes that Superman is not much different than Batman. A vigilante,who is trying to do good,but is revered by the society because they cannot understand him. He realizes he was in no position to judge him unless he judged himself. He realizes that he had become nothing short of a bully,he became his own knighmare. Someone who strikes upon the weak when they are down & low,no different than the killer of his parents. He is lost at words.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>>69977749
>manchildren genuienly think there's thematic weight and intelligent ideas in their mass-produced conveyer belt products marketed to little kids
>literally men in spandex hitting each other
>>
Except it makes no sense that in his final moments, he wouldn't ask batman to save his "mother" or "mom", but instead says fucking Martha of all things and need Lois (who is completely useless in this movie) to come in and explain who that is when Superman could have said it himself.
>>
>>69978278
My only complaint is that the scene would have been better without Lois Lane.

Batman needed to have a more dramatic breakdown and Superman needed to explain the situation himself.

The movie would have been better if they cut Lane altogether.
>>
>>69978452
He was dying/confused, and she is known to the world as "Martha," not "Mom," so when Batman hypothetically confronted Luthor, he'd know her name.
>>
>>69978403
I pray for an extinction event.
>>
>>69978452
He was asking Batman to save her. How would he know who mom was?
>>
>>69977749
I don't get the confusion here. Clark was making an attempt to hide his identity. He was trying to tell batman that he's trying to save someone important to him without giving away how they're related. He does that in the comics. He usually uses Martha's name when he's superman.
>>
File: 005581Capture.png (973 KB, 768x918) Image search: [Google]
005581Capture.png
973 KB, 768x918
>>69977749
>>
>>69978300
Middle left is kino.
>>
File: it's TIME to STOP REPOSTING.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
it's TIME to STOP REPOSTING.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>>69978403
>repost x 10
>anon has lost it

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/NP5NdgAvHTeCCBDVYhRrJw/
>>
>>69978850
>2 months
>Anon is still mad
>>
>>69978806
Thanks for the additional info anon.
You prove that men are still good
>>
>>69978850

This
>>
>>69978806
Maybe he should've concentrated on talking instead of throwing Iron Bat around
>>
File: kek.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>69978850
Yep, this is why people don't take RT serious anymore
>>
>>69979150
>You prove that men are still good
>quoting song titles as thanks

LOL
>>
Still makes no sense that Superman would call his mom by her first name.

If he had said something along the lines of: "Kill me, but save Martha Kent."
>>
>>69979288
>people

What people, anon?
>>
>>69979365
Not that guy but I don't take any critic's opinions seriously.

Especially not sources like RT or Metacritic that mash reviews together.
>>
>>69979288
RT is an aggregator you dumb fuck
>>
>>69979361

He knows that Bruce is Batman. He knows that Martha is Bruce's mom's name. He says Martha as a last ditch effort
>>
>>69978806
>Clark was making an attempt to hide his identity.
What would be the point? He's clearly thinking he's not going to make it which is why he's telling Bruce in a final desperate attempt to save his mother. Besides, he knows that Lex knows his identity so it's pretty much useless keeping it a secret. Unless of course this shitty movie itself for some reason shows Lex keeping quiet about all these powerful secrets that can destroy both Superman and Batman's careers.
>>
File: Godzilla v. King Kong1.png (119 KB, 984x1771) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla v. King Kong1.png
119 KB, 984x1771
>>69979475
So wait a minute, "Martha" is basically Superman saying "Uncle".

Also that's a lot for the audience to infer, because it implies that Clark actually did any research on Bruce.
I dunno, man. The concept isn't bad, but the way they did it just threw me square out of the movie.

Maybe the Snydercut will fix that. Tell me if it pans out.
>>
>>69979684

Dude, Superman can see through his mask. He knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne. Bruce being an orphan isn't a secret.

Idiot
>>
Oh we fucking get it alright. The dumb broad that snuck in drinks and got wasted during the movie got it.

We're still saying it's retarded. Dialog's retarded, Batman's character's retarded, the fight was retarded.
>>
File: you never go fullretard.jpg (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
you never go fullretard.jpg
100 KB, 400x400
>>69980274
>>
>>69980350
If only someone said this to Snyder before production started.
>>
>>69979361
He does say Martha Kent

>Left foot on Superman's throat.
>Batman going for a kill, leans back, rises the spear, his weight shifts to his right foot
>Close up of Superman with boot to throat "You're letting him kill Martha-"
>Change to Batman lowering the spear, the weight of the left boot goes back to crushing Superman's throat."-K-f, kff-"
>Change to Superman "-ent".

Barely audible and ends with a grunt.
>>
File: Stop Invincible Slut.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Slut.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69977749
>>
File: 1464019753402.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1464019753402.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>69980547
>>
>>69980484

Closed Captioning when
>>
>>69980224
And that means he knows his mom's name, asshole?
Is it written on his forehead, Joker-style?

Even if Bruce Wayne is super famous and may I remind you Clark didn't even know what he looked like, that doesn't mean his fucking moms name is common knowledge.
Do you know what Trump's mom's name, do you know Bill Gates'?

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>69980880
>i'm killing this guy, better trust whatever he spouts to stop the fight
>>
I honestly wonder if these "capekino" idiots are being serious or are just falseflags meant to make DC fans look like idiots
>>
I thought he was begging Batman to save her after he killed him. It's still almost tornadocide, with it being a good idea handled poorly. Although I didn't think it was meme worthy, the email scene was very much meme worthy.
>>
>>69980880

Are you fucking dumb you faggot? If Clark looked at archives, it would have the Wayne killings all over the newspapers. Wayns were the most famous people in Gotham.

Numbnuts
>>
>>69980274
Why would you sneak drinks there is a bar in the lobby?
>>
>>69978300

cinematography of a soap opera.
>>
>>69978452

Lex repeatedly said Martha when blackmailing Supes. It's a nice detail of how he got in his head
>>
>>69981251
Are you really that fucking stupid, that you don't even remember my previous post?
>Also that's a lot for the audience to infer, because it implies that Clark actually did any research on Bruce.
>Maybe the Snydercut will fix that. Tell me if it pans out.

You are the dumbest faggot in this entire thread and that's saying something?
>>
>>69981915

What makes you think a reporter like Clark would not do research?

Idiots like you who need to be spoonfed everything is the reason why we are in this state of world.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>69982011
>Says the namefag too dumb to get a trip.

Do you have any idea how storytelling in movies works?
Clearly you don't. Clark researching Batman is a vital bit of development that shouldn't be omitted. Because everything else is just conjecture on your part. And at that point you can just hack up the entire script and throw everything out that isn't an action scene, because fuck it, the audience can just assume that they have some kind of conflict of interests.

Stupid fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>69982368

Wahh wahh, please spoonfeed me everything! Please say your name every 2 minutes because I am a dumb fuck!
>>
>Captain America: Civil War

-Villain is an ordinary guy with no super powers
-Villain manipulates people using deception to cause heroes to fight each other
-Movie is all about the human consequences of a previous film
-Movie is used to set up a new franchise.

>Batman vs Superman

-Villain is an ordinary guy with no super powers
-Villain manipulates people using deception to cause heroes to fight each other
-Movie is all about the human consequences of a previous film
-Movie is used to set up a new franchise.

Partisan faggots utterly and completely BTFO
>>
>>69978058
You must be an idiot to have not put it together yourself
>>
>>69978548
I kekd
>>
>>69981251
>Wayns were the most famous people in Gotham.
Why didn't Clark know about that before the party? This is what happens when you get a job as a journalist just by fucking a reporter.
>>
>>69978452
Superman's final words
> Save my mom. She's going to die in like 20 minutes.
Batman
> Dumbass didn't even tell me her name.
Batman then stomps on Superman's head and crushes it
Anon
> Makes sense to me
Wew
>>
>>69977749
WoW anon! WOW your so smart! You're )opinion is so intelligent!!! I say DING DING DING to you! your so itneligent i'm glad someone finally made this clear too me, indeed this movie is just too clever for me :( the word sylable for little mind like marvel cucks xDDDD

Martha!!!!! so dip Do you bleeed? you're will xdddd!

Marvel kecks BFTO!! Lord Znyder is the true hero of capecino
>>
>>69982539
>-Movie is used to set up a new franchise.
que?
>>
>>69983612
I meant for Civil War
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.