[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GRRM CONFIRMED BURNING SHIREEN IN BOOKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 26
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31 KB, 620x413
Where were you when bookfags got absolutely BTFO?

>During the producers’ sit down with the author in Santa Fe two years ago, Martin famously sketched out a very rough plan of how he intends to end his saga in the books.

>Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss tell EW those conversations included “three holy sh– moments” in particular.

>The first: Stannis Barathon sacrificing his daughter Shireen – which was shown during the show’s fifth season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24/george-rr-martin-3-twists-game-thrones
>>
File: YMCA.gif (873 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
YMCA.gif
873 KB, 500x281
>>69976526

Who cares?
>>
>>69976526
>The First: Shiroasting

>The Second: Hodor = Hold the Door

>The Third: Jon pulling Varys' righteous cock from the flames.
>>
>>69976526
Everything iin the show has been approved by GRRM.
>>
>mfw stannis in the show burning his daughter makes 200x more sense than book stannis burning his daughter
>>
It's literally still the same rumors that GRRM had been toying with the idea of having Shireen burned that this site is spewing as fact.

Not to mention that Shireen is at the Wall in the books so Stannis wouldn't be the one doing the burning anyway.
>>
why am I waiting for winds of winter? fucking christ
>>
2nd has to be the wall coming down.
>>
>>69976733
2nd is hold le door xD
>>
must be painfull for the bookfags to have on kick in the nuts after the other.

>have to wait for years for one book, not even the last one.
>all of a suden it gets a show
>omg they are raping the lore
>no fuck no, stop destroying my favorite characters
>they finaly have to stop the books are not done yet and they dont have any new material anymore
>what, that fat fuck wrote down all the main plot lines for the upcoming books and gave it too D&D ?? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
>FUCK NO STOP SPOILING MY BOOKS YOU SHOWFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
But how does that make sense? Shireen is at the wall and Stannis is preparing to siege Winterfell.
>>
>>69976708
HAHAHAHA BOOKFAG ON SUICIDE WATCH

SHIREEN CONFIRMED DEAD IN BOOKS

>B-book stannis would never allow his heir to be burned alive! Reeee D&D sux!!

ABSOLUTELY BTFO BY YOUR GOD GRRM
>>
>>69976526
> Hodor’s mind-bending origin story

am I the only one who didn't find that origin story clever in the least?
I mean, I understand most people don't hold it in high regard, but I'm saying it was so shitty it didn't elicit a single emotion in me.
causal loops are completely played out and simply aren't clever.
>>
>>69976759
That's exactly how I feel right now. Yes, I mad.
>>
>>69976827
Not only that, after the ToJ scene with Nedd it became so fucking obvious.
>>
>>69976759
>>69976852
I have a friend like this, and I feel bad for him sometimes. But then I remember that I met him spoiling the show for my showfag friends, so fuck him.
>>
What a glorious day. I hope bookfags commit mass suicide for their benevolent arrogance throughout the years.

Newsflash: your books aren't sacred and GRRM will end the series in a way you will hate.
>>
I bet Westeros.org is having a seizure right now
>>
>>69976865
Sure.
>>
>>69976975
umm.... how can a website have a seizure???
>>
His daughter is at the wall, book readers kinda know shes getting burned since melis is there and Jon is dead
>>
>>69976983
>implying it wasn't
>>
I watched the last ep on 2nd screen while fapping

Can someone explain the whole "hold the door" thing?
>>
>>69976526
No one ever said she won't get burned in the books. We said Stannis won't be the one ordering it.

Because he won't be. He's no where near her, and cares more about his only living heir than how cold it is outside.
>>
>>69976996
>being this obtuse
If someone used the "when pigs fly" saying I bet you'd be the moron who questioned it
>>
>>69977027
He held the door. ;_;
>>
>>69977027
HOld the doOR
>>
>>69977033
It doesn't matter you thick bookfag. The facts remain the same: Shireen will burn and Stannis will be killed off as well. I bet he doesn't even make to the last book.
>>
>>69977027
Sure thing. In the latest episode of Game of Thrones™, a character surprises the audience by in fact, holding the door.
>>
>>69976526
Si they basically confirmed the Hodor death scene is going to be the most interesting thing about Season 6?

Alright.
>>
>>69977069
old man in tree went into hodors past and made him retarded or what?
>>
>>69977090
Of course it matters. No one cares about Shireen dying, the controversy was always about Stannis ordering it.

It shows a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of his character.
>>
>>69977111
dub trips confirm

old man in tree = bran
>>
>>69977033
The article clearly says he will
>>
>>69977111
No.

He held the door.
>>
DABID DABID
BUT WHAT IF
HEHHEHHEHE
THE VOICE
REHEEHEH
THAT VARYS HEARD AFTER GETTING CASTRATED
HEEEEEE
WAS AKSHUALLY BRAN
>>
File: 1464104433807.png (151 KB, 329x328) Image search: [Google]
1464104433807.png
151 KB, 329x328
>>69977184
it's either this or aerys voices, or even both.
>>
>in hoghschool best hobby was making fat metalheads angry
>graduate (they didnt) this joy is lost forever
>suddenly meet Stannisfags
>they are exactly the same and equally easy to bully
>dabeed keep feeding me more fuel

I am so happy
>>
>>69977125
So you can confirm that he won't order it in anyway in the books? Have you read it?

All we know for certain is this: The shireen burning idea came straight from GRRM. Everything else surrounding it is speculation.
>>
>>69976771
How can Stannis say anything if he's gorillions away from his daughter?
The only one doing the burning is mely and no Stannis and I'm not even a bookfag well I am now but I started from the show.
>>
>>69976759
>>69976767
But we've known Shireen is kill in the books for years now. Calm down, buddy, I don't know where you got the impression anyone thought she wasn't going to be burned alive.
>>
>>69976526
stannis rèdditors on suicide watch. reminder that stannis is rèddit favourite character and all the stannisfags on here literally come from r/got.
>>
>>69976708
The theory is that Stannis lost a battle to Ramsay, who then writes the pink letter. But Stannis is still alive and have men. The ice traps work, Ramsay loses a lot of men and get back behind his walls. Stannis and whatever survivors he has go back to castle black and sacrifices shireen in desperation. Then whatever happened in the show takes place.
>>
>>69977243
Borrows LF's cellphone and calls the red woman
>>
D&D said that George told them shireen gets burned immediately after the episode aired, this news is over a year old.
>>
>>69977212
It's really plausible, and that's the worst part. I mean, it's a nice way to show some story before Robert became king, but still, it's timetravel. Even when in closed loop, it's retarded as shit.
>>
>>69977243
Smelly Sanders works directly for Stannis. The only way Shireen burns without Smelly believing it benefits Stannis is if she gets word that he's failed and died. Thus switching to ded Jon's side and then doing the sacrifice
>>
>>69977025
>Oh, so Bran might be able to influence the past
>It must be that he caused Hodor to become disabled
No
>>
>>69977069
HOOR
O
O
R
>>
>>69977049
Are you retarded?
>>
>>69977381
I could ask the same of you.
>>
>>69977150
I doubt it. It doesn't make sense character-wise or storywise. He would literally have to leave Winterfell in order to burn his daughter...in order to improve his chances of retaking Winterfell. All of this while his troops are already starving and freezing to death? Makes no sense.

My guess is they said one of the "wtf moments" was the burning of Shireen, and the author just added Stannis to the quote because it happened in the show and he assumes it will be the same.
>>
>>69976759
what makes it worse is that it started so good, it started to fall to shit after the 3rd season
>>
Is this whole thing where redditors take disappointment over plot points that were executed awfully in the show and assume the annoyance comes from the fact that the event happened and not how it happened some new meme I've missed out on
Stannis is not the one who will burn Shireen, or have any part in the decision
People who read the books aren't "BTFO" at all, if anything those who get the same story but all shitted up are the ones losing out
>>
This is what bookfags deserve after spoiling the show for everybody, fuck them
>>
>>69977408
Jesus fuck, use punctuation you absolute sperg.
>>
File: 1462217647236.png (221 KB, 363x475) Image search: [Google]
1462217647236.png
221 KB, 363x475
>>69977439
make me
>>
>>69977408
Autism
>>
>>69977399
When pigs fly is an analogy indicating something will never happen.

Saying a website is having a seizure is not the same in any way.

Go back to school. Before it's too late.
>>
>>69977318
Yeah i really hope Bran learns he shouldnt fuck around in the past quickly.

If he just stats to view the past rather than mess with it I will enjoy Bran's storyline.
>>
>>69976526
She shat and she shat.
>>
>>69977511
I dont think you quite understand the point of the post. I wasn't comparing either remark at all.

>you are literally this stupid
>>
>all this salty showfags thinking we book readers actually unironically give a shit about this stupid show the book plot
It's not about WHAT happen as much as HOW it happens
Keep enjoying the jew cock down your throats, plebs.
>>
>>69977497
shitpost
>>
>>69977539
BRAVO GEORGE TRULY THE AMERICAN TOLKIEN
>>
>>69977281
>But we've known Shireen is kill in the books for years now
Huh? Since when? Didn't the Iron Bank specifically state that it would fund her fight for the throne even if Stannis croaks?
>>
>>69977547
You clearly were.
>>
>>69977296
That's a lot of backtracking for an army, especially during a blizzard. I don't think it's possible for him to make his army take two trips between the Wall and the Winterfell, let alone three. Either he dies in that battle and Mel sacrifices Shireen on her own, or he wins, but sacrifices her when the others attack.
>>
>>69977027
>be wylis?
>bran timetravel mind rapes you
>hodor
>this makes you a retard for the rest of your life
>culiminates in you holding a door so the dumbshit can fuck off cause he played tag with the ice devil
>thanks bran
>>
>>69977562
Keep enjoying waiting for that next book that will never come out. Reminder you have yet ANOTHER book after that you have to wait for too.

I'm jerking off to your agony.
>>
File: gendry.png (452 KB, 527x421) Image search: [Google]
gendry.png
452 KB, 527x421
Still rowin'
>>
>>69977644
It is a lot. Hence, desperation.
>>
>>69977610
>Huh? Since when?
Since it was blatantly foreshadowed a shit load with muh King's blood.

>Didn't the Iron Bank specifically state that it would fund her fight for the throne even if Stannis croaks?
Guess that means they don't have a say in this happening then, huh?
>>
>>69976759
this is why reading is for losers
>>
>>69977639
What? What purpose would that serve? My post was clearly about how obtuse that poster (or you) was being in regards to taking sayings literally. Hence why I used the pigs fly saying as another example to highlight his thickness. You can't be this stupid right?
>>
>>69977670
>implying I have expectations past AFFC
I laugh at your pseudo sense of superiority while you liking the awesome womyn empowerment le men are le evil propaganda. Get fucked.
>>
>>69977562
The show will be completed, the book will remain an unfinished work. Don't be mad that the show will supplant the books as authoritative. GRRM must feel like like Frank Baum did at one time.
>>
>>69977670
Lmao, how can one showfag be THIS anally fucking devastated
I get a well written story series to look forward to continuing in a couple of years, while going about my life in the mean time
You get to sit in your basement sweating over a tiny screen at your tropey, piss poor adaption because you're so stupid you can't read some fucking genre fiction
LMAO, JUST STOP POSTING LIKE NIGGA PLEASE YOUR POSTS ARE HARD TO READ AT THIS POINT IT'S SO BAD
kys
>>
>>69976602
nice on-topic post there buddy.
>>
>>69977832
You went full reddit, son.

>I get a well written story series to look forward to continuing in a couple of years
Haha oh wow
>>
>>69977822
>authoritative
Dabid, please tell me what to think
>>
>>69977729
So you were using it as a comparison.

Thanks for finally admitting it and apology accepted.
>>
File: lit.jpg (2 MB, 1642x2855) Image search: [Google]
lit.jpg
2 MB, 1642x2855
>>69976526
reminder
>>
>>69976526
We already knew it, it's Shireen'death who was revealed, not Stannis killing her.
>>
>>69976759

I got over it pretty quickly, actually. I loved reading the books but could never really get into the show. I saw S1 and first half of s2 before I stopped. After realizing that Fatass Martin made bank with the show, I knew there was no way he would keep writing when he sure as shit doesnt have to.

If someone took the time to get so far in telling a story only to give it up as soon as it was convenient for him, than its clear Martin doesn't actually give a shit about his content. SO I stopped caring.

I occasionally tune into these GoT threads just to see whats been happening, but honestly so much has changed or been discussed that I can't actually keep up anymore.

I'm just gonna wait until everything in the show comes to a close before reading Martin's hard work on a Wikipedia page.
>>
>>69977887
k
>>
>>69977610
We didn't know, but it was foreshadowed. Shireen has recurring nightmares about being roasted and eaten by a dragon. Also, Azhor Ahai had to sacrifice his wife to get his other killing weapon, and Stannis made the following speeches:
>I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.
>I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?
>I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty … If I must sacrifice one child to the flames to save a million from the dark … Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice
He is king by law, and possibly Azhor Ahai, either way his has the duty to save his people from the eternal dark. He'll do whatever he can to fulfill it. Hell, he believes he will die in the process and he is still going at it. Shireen will die, either by fire, or by his sword, but she will die.
>>
>>69977648
Why do all the Stark children suck so much?
>>
>>69977822
>Don't be mad that the show will supplant the books as authoritative.
I really am not. Showfags think I am, it's hilarious.
>>
CLOSE THE LOCK!

CLSE THE OCK!

CSE TH OCK!

CE T OCK!

CEOCK!

COCK!
>>
>>69977722
Edric Storm was the one who was almost gonna get burned not Shireen.
>>
>>69976827
It's really dumb when you think about it for more than a second.
>>
>DUDE I HAVE A HORN THAT WILL MAKE THE DRAGONS BEND TO MY WILL LMAO
And I thought the plot contrivances in the show were bad.
>>
>>69977911
>anything america above middle
kek low standards

only thing that is above mid tier is latin american, russian or japanese literature
>>
>>69977984
I thought most people agreed that horn was dubious and does not control dragons?
>>
>>69978065
Even introducing it into the story period is fucking goofy and stupid.
>>
Since ASOIAF is the reddit of fantasy, what is the 4chan of fantasy series?
>>
>>69977979
>the one
>singular
Nigga, stop going full retard.

>yo Stannis lemme burn shireen for dat sweet sweet fire god blood magic and ensure your victory in the coming battle
>you want me to burn my daughter whom I love, and on top of that my only heir? What would be the point of any of this if the Baratheon name ends after me?
>lol I don't care nigga I just want to burn the little wench because I'm pretty fucking sure you're Azor Ahai reborn
>fuck off, melly. Don't touch her. Now, OFF TO BATTLE!
>>
In order for Stannis to sacrifice Shireen, he has to win the battle for Winterfell which means DD will be BTFO.
>>
File: image.jpg (500 KB, 1000x2071) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
500 KB, 1000x2071
>>69977832
>>
>>69976759

i wouldnt even be mad if the show wasnt so shit right now. every season is worse than the last one
>>
>>69978154
why is ASOIAF the reddit of fantasy?
I'm not saying I'd disagree with that statement, I just wonder what your thought process was in coming to this excellently well thought out assessment
>>
>>69976526
mel will do it to bring jon back
>>
>>69977710
To the point where I don't see how it is feasible. Nearly half of his army died getting there. There's supposed to be a battle they'll lose which will cost him more men, then a trip back, which will undoubtedly lead to more men dying. And then another trip trough the winter desolation? Who on earth will be left? Just Stannis and Theon to watch it all? Plus, I know George likes to drag his shit on, but that seems too much even for him. From a narrative perspective it's frustrating and useless to go through the same track back and forth for the entire book. And it took Stannis months to reach that village. Two more trips will probably stack that up to a full year. Stannis reking the Boltons and summoning his family to Winterfell before the Wall falls sounds much more logical. Shireen will probably be uselessly sacrificed in a fight against others.
>>
>>69978247
>useless
>lightbringer
>>
>>69978154
/a/
/b/
/pol/
/r9k/
>>
>>69976526

Why would Stannis burn her when he's about to put that Bastard's head spike? Ramsay doesn't have his 20 good men in the books.
>>
>>69978187
quentin could do better
>>
>>69978383
>Implying
>AA already made a blood sacrifice of a loved one and got the lightbringer out of it, or should I say Drogon
>>
I just realized the only reason I ever liked these books is that I was skimming through them and not actual reading the shit prose.
>>
>>69978230
Because its essentially highly popularized genre fiction that appeals to the lowest common denominates like Harry Potter of the Hunger Games. Its poorly written yet thinks its clever in its plot but in actuality boils down to sub genre fiction trash.

"The 4chan of fantasy" would be something that is genuinely well written and sophisticated all the while being uncensored without it seeming forced and edgy like ASOIAF.
>>
>>69976759
Meh. The books turned to shit after Storm of Swords and the show turned to shit during season three. I stopped watching GoT after the Red Wedding and probably won't bother buying TWoW.
>>
File: DABID.gif (288 KB, 292x256) Image search: [Google]
DABID.gif
288 KB, 292x256
>>69977972
What cock?
>>
>>69978154
The Book of the New Sun

t. /lit/
>>
>>69976759
>must be painfull for the bookfags

Maybe they could read something good instead of trash?
>>
>>69978247
The blIzzard could just stop on the kingsroad, and fleeing is different than marching. I imagine more of a everyman for himself kinda deal.
>>
>>69978597
You do realize that all fantasy is genre fiction right? And that ASOIAF is considered one of the most important works in the genre?
>>
>>69978154
Gor
>>
>>69976759
I stopped caring about the books 3 years ago. I'm just watching it all crash, with no survivors of course.
>>
File: 1432417653884.jpg (39 KB, 700x574) Image search: [Google]
1432417653884.jpg
39 KB, 700x574
>>69978844
>And that ASOIAF is considered one of the most important works in the genre?
>>
I legitimately enjoyed reading ADWD more than ASOS.

not making this up.
>>
Maybe he should do less interviews about the book and finish the fucking book before he goddamn dies.
>>
>>69976526
>yfw 3rd twist is just R+L=J obvious shit
>>
>>69978597
>"The 4chan of fantasy" would be something that is genuinely well written and sophisticated all the while being uncensored without it seeming forced and edgy like ASOIAF.

You mean it would be shallow and full of shock value with no consistent themes or story and everyone would praise it as an incredibly ironic masterpiece whilst self-fellating about how enjoying this piece makes you more intelligent than the average fantasy reader.
>>
>>69978973
Maybe you should stop pressuring him and give him some fucking support.
>>
>>69978966
I don't blame you. I like ASOS, but the pacing of that book was straight up weird.
>>
lets kill grrm with meme magic to make bookfags even more mad
>>
#makethebooksgreatagain
>>
>>69978911
Well, regardless of your hilarious reaction image, that's a fact. It's easily more prolific than anything by Robert Jordan, Erikson, Sanderson, Rothfuss or Lynch. You can maybe make an argument for King's Dark Tower series I guess, or Terry Pratchett? Nah, not him.
>>
>>69979062
exactly.
plot-wise it was very solid, but after knowing 95% of the plot (due to being a showfag) I felt like the pace sucks and several parts weren't all that well-written.
red wedding chapter for example. DABIDs actually did it better, I'm shocked to say.
>>
>>69976526
What is that brooch on George's hat he always wears?
>>
>>69976827
You're far from the only one. The thing about it is, I don't in principle object to that shit, it's just that this is really fucking dumb. It's not like it's even some especially noteworthy event. I mean, OK, I get there's peril and Bran is running and shit, but there's really only so much at stake. And he doesn't even achieve all that much. It's just silly.
>>
>GRRM is 67 and 8 months old
>will be 69, 70+ before TWoW is released
>will have even less motivation to finish the next book once his story is spoiled, will have to deal with tying up loose ends, could even split it into two books
does anyone seriously believe at this point that he'll ever finish the series?
>>
how popular were the books before the show came out? i read all the books between season 1 and 2, before that i never heard about the series at all. were they an extremely well known fantasy series before the show came out?
>>
>>69979241
Alright, I looked it up and apparently it's a turtle that he uses as his personal sigil.

Is it autism?
>>
>>69979407
Considering George is just an old neckbeard, i'd say it is autism.
>>
>>69979241
Looks like something the natives of Southwest would make. They work with turquoise. Dude lives there.
>>
>>69978154
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orcs:_First_Blood
>>
>>69979439
He's the OG neckbeard
>>
>>69979488
At least he's not a wizard.
>>
>>69979384
He'll go the Jordan route and pass it off to someone else in a couple decades.
>>
>>69979547
he's said multiple times that if he doesn't finish it the series dies with him, his wife will burn the notes
>>
>>69979398
It's most popular with men-children who can only stomach reading fantasy, but don't want to be judged for reading children's books.
>>
File: lafnachoo.png (999 KB, 1208x904) Image search: [Google]
lafnachoo.png
999 KB, 1208x904
>>69978597
>"The 4chan of fantasy" would be something that is genuinely well written and sophisticated all the while being uncensored without it seeming forced and edgy
>>
>>69979581
Shit really? I liked the books much more than the show so I hope this isn't true
>>
>>69979207
I dunno about that Dabid, but RW was very well done in both in my opinion
>>
>>69979384
>tying up loose ends
Ha. If he cared about loose ends, this series would have been wrapped up three books ago. GRRM gives zero shits about tidying up this sprawling clusterfuck.

Every "important" character in the East will end up with Dany and sail back to Westeros for a final showdown with dragons and white walkers. It will be lame and everyone will be disappointed that GRRM couldn't think of an interesting ending.
>>
>>69979777
Part of me hopes that le fat man has a masterplan in mind for the ending. He obviously doesn't though and I have no idea how he could possibly finish the series smoothly in two books.
>>
>>69977296
>Then whatever happened in the show takes place
Brienne isnt in the north in the books so theres no way shes killing stannis
>>
>>69979581
He's said he doesn't think his wife will allow anyone to continue the series after he's gone. He's made no solid decision on whether to pass it off himself, all he's said is that no one else will write ASOIAF, or any published works about Westeros, while he's alive.

Which we've already seen compromised with the series.
>>
>>69979384
I'd be more than satisfied with a Princess and the Queen styled summary of the rest of the story at this point.
>>
>>69978521
its not a blood sacrifice if theyre already dead mate also aa is just the story of blood magic
>>
>>69976759
I'll be mad when it happens in the books. Until then nothing is confirmed, and the guy who wouldn't tell a dying man how the books end giving it all away to D&D is improbable.
>>
>>69977911
>faulkner
>anything other than shit-tier

top kek
>>
>>69980671
He did die by her hand dude.
>>
File: 1464098380862.png (49 KB, 222x201) Image search: [Google]
1464098380862.png
49 KB, 222x201
>>69977911
>catch-22
>low tier
>>
File: thats hillarious.jpg (101 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
thats hillarious.jpg
101 KB, 682x600
>>69978597
>"The 4chan of fantasy" would be something that is genuinely well written and sophisticated
>>
>>69977514
Lmao he can't change the past shit for brains
>>
>>69980889
he did it in the show
>>
File: 1463642084784-tv.jpg (22 KB, 383x455) Image search: [Google]
1463642084784-tv.jpg
22 KB, 383x455
>>69977911
>ayn rand

Kek that's funny
>>
>>69980902
Someone explain to this moron how this time loop works. I'm done trying to explain this shit. You nigger kill yourself
>>
>>69979581
he's said this multiple times.
he hates the idea of someone else fucking with his work.

next time you're at a convention with him, ask what he thinks about fan fiction.
>>
>>69976526
To be quite honest, famalot, I don't even remember what Shireen is, the last book came really long ago and I read the rest even longer back.
>>
>>69980807
ignore the pic
it was made by /lit/ faggots who sit around with their community college degrees discussing greek pedo writers.
>>
File: 1390109841240.jpg (10 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
1390109841240.jpg
10 KB, 200x179
>>69976526
how the fuck is hodor's story a plot twist or a 'holy shit' moment? I mean who gives a fuck? It may have been a strong scene, but it doesn't change or explain anything. The biggest thing this series is origin of white walkers and nobody seems to give a fuck about that. I mean what's up with that you autism-ridden turboplebs? REEEEEEeeeeeeee
>>
>>69980986
the real reason he hates fanfiction is because it opens him up for a lawsuit if someone guesses his plotpoints before a sequel is released

stuff like this has actually happened in the past and GRRM has specifically described one of those incidents
>>
File: 6ZF4CVD.jpg (260 KB, 1800x1013) Image search: [Google]
6ZF4CVD.jpg
260 KB, 1800x1013
>>69977702

Know the feeling
>>
>>69981322
>it opens him up for a lawsuit

what? how the hell can fanfiction open a writer, who has nothing to do with it, up for a lawsuit?
>>
>>69976759
I'm not even gonna buy the new book, there's better shit to read anyway like WoT and TFL
>>
File: GeorgeRRMartinCW98_wb[1].jpg (88 KB, 800x558) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeRRMartinCW98_wb[1].jpg
88 KB, 800x558
Why doesn't he just crowdsource the novels? Some of the stuff I read on here is great
>>
File: ugh.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>69981399
>WoT
>>
>>69981378
they write a story about something that hasn't happened yet, author can claim he stole it. They won't win but they can still litigate
>>
>>69976759

I used to be invested in the show, but it's just so shit I can't take it seriously. It's basically fan fiction now, so it's good for a laugh. I don't have HBO, I just watch the cringy shit on youtube after you all make a fuss about it.

I've already accepted that GRRM's fat ass will never finish the series. I got to shit on all you showfags with Jon is dead for a couple of years and now you get to return the favor. I don't even have to suffer through listening to Emilia Clarke's awful voice thanks to you. It ends up working perfectly.
>>
>>69981497
ahhhhh
>>
>>69976526
>"bookfags btfo"
>talking about a show that is 90% based on the books
>showfag logic
>>
File: 1464121998798.png (368 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1464121998798.png
368 KB, 640x629
>>69976526
>>
>>69977911
>atlas shrugged and great gatsby god tier
>alice in wonderland not
>>
>>69977911
Literally high school tier selection of works
>>
>>69977911
>atlas shrugged

lordy
>>
>>69980784
that morning tho not on the pyre at night plus he was comatose with a horse soul at that point anyway
>>
File: 1449386483795.png (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449386483795.png
137 KB, 640x480
>>69977911
>Ayn Rand
>god tier

Your entire list was invalidated before it even began. And what's with this pleb-tier list of books? Did you just pick up your 8th grade reading list and try to sort it?
>>
>>69981230
im a gay show-watcher and i dont have a fucking clue what these children of the forest are
would wanna hear more about them and their war against man before i hear about how they created the white walkers but o well
>>
>>69979207
>red wedding
I have to disagree there. Show Robb was an asshole, show Cat was a prop, and Talisa is probably one of the shittiest character in the show yet. Their deaths didn't affect me one bit. Plus the directing was weird and a bit funny.
>walk into the frame, stab, walk out of the frame
>walk into the frame, slit throat, walk out of the frame
In the books, Robb and Cat were relatable, well rounded characters it was easy to care about. We knew many of the bannermen who were lost during the massacre as well, which made the whole thing even more traumatizing. And Cat's mental breakdown was a pure horror show. What she did was shocking, yes, but it was her inner monologue which elevated the whole thing in its mad heart break and tragedy.
>"It hurts so much", she thought. "Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting…" The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. "It tickles." That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, "No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair." Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.
Nightmares for days. The show was going for shock, as usual, hence the wedding was happy and fun. In the book however, it was a slow buildup of dread. That's up to personal taste, but I preferred the build up and the tension.
>>
>>69983304
I did like the Arya parts on the show more though. Her trying to release Grey Wind, her witnessing Robb's desecration. Granted, the logistics of it are a bit weird. Either Freys got on that shit really, really fast, or the Hound stuck around in the middle of the massacre for way too long, but the scene itself was 10/10.
>>
2 or 3 more fucking books to go and he only has 3 'HOLY SHIT' moments?!

Only one left we haven't already seen.

I dunno sounds pretty boring desu.
>>
>>69977911
>Atlas Shrugged anywhere near the top

You got me
>>
>>69979172
Prolific =/= important
>>
>>69976771
>AUTISM SPEAKS
>>
Why the fuck would you hint that Stannis is azor ahai if you're just gonna kill him after his daughter is sacrificed.

Robb and catelyn i can understand, their demise could be seen miles ahead but Stannis dying is really lame. i get the feeling gurm wrote stannis into a corner and now needs to find a way to tie loose ends
>>
>>69976526
I've never understood the people who read these books.
I read through the first 4 after it got a show, because I was now mildly curious about it.
After the umpteenth time something "shocking" and important happened I just couldn't understand what people saw in the soap opera tier writing.
Its not well planned or thought out its just, how can I surprise people.
This does not for a good story make.
>>
So is Stannis dead in the show or what?
Why would they cut away and not show his death if he is actually dead?
>>
>>69976526

Not gonna happen.

If you read the books, you are aware than Winterfell will fall to Stannis. Ramsay is done. The Manderlys, the Karstarks and the Umbers will rebell and fight with Stannis.

>The North remembers

Plus, Shireen is at the wall.
>>
>>69976526
You misspelled "Stannisfags", for some reason adding two Os, a B, and a K instead of his proper name.
>>
Started reading GoT recently. Kinda liked it, got bemused by narrative differences with the show, like, for example, Ned and Cat's totally opposite reaction on Robert's proposition to become his Hand.
>>
>>69976526
>GRRM CONFIRMED BURNING SHIREEN IN BOOKS

We've known about this since right after that episode aired cause D&D told us GRRM told him to do it.
>>
>>69976759
this, because the tv show completely eradicates the existence of a book and I'm a massive fucking idiot.

I browse /tv/ 24/7 btw.
>>
>>69977511

The autism is real.
>>
>>69976526
If Stannis is the one who orders to burn his daughter, the books can fuck off too.
>>
>>69978187
4 is pretty melodramatic, if this effect was desirable is debatable. For me it falls pretty flat, even if it's supposed to paint Darkstar as a tryhard edgelord. 6 is strange because I don't recall the word butt being anywhere else in the works, quite a stylistic break. Would be fine i it said arse. 7 is bad writing, causes you to stall, even if the repetition is deliberate.

I see no problems elsewhere. Anything else is a matter of personal preference.
>>
>>69979035
Right on.
>>
>>69979407
The Turtle is the nickname of a telekinesis user in one of his sci-fi novels.
It's his most famous self-insert.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>bookfags
>spends year spoiling shit
>now the show ruined any surprises that will come in future books
>>
>>69979891
Also AWOIAF
>>
the hodor scene marks a change in brans character in which he can influence the past. So time travel powers. The sad part of hodor is that bran basically highjacked his whole life in that small moment, putting his mind in a paradox of his own death. Its a fantasy story i see nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>69987566
Time travel is the most cancerous thing a plot can have
>>
>>69977511
>specially abled individual detected
>>
>>69977832
>well-written

Confirmed for never reading any real literature
>>
GoT discussion goes in the /got/ general thread.
>>
>>69988658
>GoT discussion goes in the /got/ general thread.
>discussion in /got/
wewlad
>>
>>69976602
living the dream
>>
>>69977816
haha what a faggot.
>>
>>69976759
Bookfag here.
Every season since the 2nd one has felt like increasingly worse fan-fiction. Especially the Salsa parts.
>>
File: 1464033947287.webm (1 MB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
1464033947287.webm
1 MB, 640x362
Reminder that zero (0) pages of TWOW have been written specifically for the book.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/grrm-has-no-pages-1750057530
>>
>>69976759
As far as I'm concerned, the series ended when it got too popular and GRRM started taking it too seriously.

GRRM had already written 14 books and 24 TV episodes, and created and edited the Wild Cards series for 15 books over two decades before he started this. He had no reason to expect that this work, of all things, would become THE thing he was known for.

This is a series about fucking with the reader, about setting up expectations and smashing them down in abrupt and unsatisfying ways, about mocking familiar fantasy tropes. It's inspired by the experience of a fantasy fiction lover going to read actual medieval history: something will sound like the setup of a heroic epic, then the key figure just dies of a bladder infection or falls off a horse or something, and you want to throw the book at the wall.

In other words, it's a shaggy dog story. He lampshades it with one of the Stark children naming his dire wolf Shaggydog.

The first three books were written according to the original plan, then the money and fame changed his situation and his attitude toward the work too much. With everyone paying so much attention to it, he didn't want it to be the big joke he originally meant it as, but what should he do with it? Now it's a lot harder.

I want to read what he was originally going to write. We're never going to see that. So the series ends for me with the third book.
>>
File: galaxy quest hey alright.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
galaxy quest hey alright.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>>69989813
>I want to read what he was originally going to write.
No you wanted the subtext you wildly misinterpreted to be true.
>>
>>69990128
Dude, A Song of Ice and Fire is dead and buried. He's alternating between procrastinating and flailing.

It's not because he had no plan for it when he started, it's because it got way more popular than anything else he had done, and he no longer was comfortable with following through with that plan.
>>
>>69989813
>DUDE ASOIAF IS ONLY ABOUT BEING SUBVERSIVE
>DUDE THE SERIES WAS GOING TO END WITH THE WHITE WALKERS KILLING EVERYONE LMAO
>>
>>69976526
You just listened to the commentary now? Old news moron.
>>
File: 0wGQnLC.jpg (89 KB, 2048x1173) Image search: [Google]
0wGQnLC.jpg
89 KB, 2048x1173
>>69990306
>DUDE THE SERIES WAS GOING TO END WITH THE WHITE WALKERS KILLING EVERYONE LMAO

I actually want this to happen tho
>>
>>69977670
What do you care if some people like the books better than the show? Show Stannis is awful, book Stannis is much more interesting. There are plenty of other things about the show that I enjoy more than the books as well, I think most real fans enjoy both.
>>
>>69990306
Please
>>
File: 1462124936106.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1462124936106.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
>>69976526
Sitting on the toilet pooping
>>
>>69990496
It would make sense if they just took the part of Westeros north of Dorne for the winter, then retreated in the summer.

When you think of it, it's bizarre that the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms wouldn't have his seat in Dorne, when the rest of it can freeze over and produce no crops for up to a decade at a time, on an irregular and unpredictable schedule.
>>
My theory is that with Jon dead and the letter claiming stannis and his men lost meli has a vision of burning shireen to raise Azor Ahai as his nyssa nyssa but since it's fabricated that Stannis died and or jon being the true Azor raised him instead causing Meli to switch allegiance to him regardless of stannis fate which could potentially drive him mad and make him an antagonist to Jon but since d&d couldn't associate such an evil thing to their MC they attributed the burning to stannis since it was done for him in the first place. Either way it ends his line when he dies.
Stannis is a good character tho desu
>>
>>69978844
I guess angry birds must be one of the most important videogames in history then.

And that Britney Spears music must be top notch compared to the likes of Bach, Beethoven, Gershwin etc
>>
>>69976526
His editor accidentally tweeted that episode that he does it when the wall falls to save the kingdom
>>
>>69989813
I'm okay with this. The first three books are amazingly satisfying. They are even better the more time you read them.

The 4th and 5th books seem out of place and are a chore to read. I've ended the Matrix series after the 1st movie and this is comparable.
>>
>>69976526
We already knew Shireen was going to die and considering that Melisandre is around the odds of her becoming a crispy critter always beat the spread.
>>
>>69981587
>It's basically fan fiction now
And the worst kind of fanfiction. The self-righteous, sanctimonious, mary-sue loving kind of fanfiction.
>>
>>69976759
Read all available books in 2007 or so.
Never watched a single episode of GoT, just read some spoilers here about the newest season, just to satisfy my curiosity. Ain't even mad cause I will read books anyway.
I used to be mad about my precious song of fire and ice becoming popular but I think I grew up from that. And I got my father into reading these books, so I'm kind of happy overall.
>>
>>69981629
>90% based on the books
Please, David, go back to sucking off D.B.
>>
File: EMA preorders.jpg (52 KB, 311x500) Image search: [Google]
EMA preorders.jpg
52 KB, 311x500
>>69977911
>Lord of the Rings, Alice in Wonderland, Wuthering Heights and Huckleberry Finn in shit tier
>that entire fucking low-tier
>Jane Austen in anything other than shit tier
>The Trial and Grapes of Wrath that low
>1984 not mid-tier
>TAO FUCKING LIN IN HIGH TIER
>THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO AND ATLAS SHRUGGED IN GOD TIER
>Nothing by Flannery O'Connor, Truman Capote, Thomas Wolfe, James M. Cain or Thomas Mann, Goethe
>No Catcher in the Rye or any of the other important American novels
>No representation of any foreign literature other than the most well-known works

I would say that /lit/ was trying to trick me to death but then I remember /lit/ really is this fucking awful
>>
>>69977184
IT WAS HIS COCK TALKING
HIS COCK IS RHLLOR
SCREENCAP THIS
>>
>>69978187
These pics critiquing GRRMs writing abilities always remind me of the ways I used to think about things when I was a teenager.
>>
>>69992516
>I remember /lit/ really is this fucking awful
they also have a seething hatred for ayn rand

this is obviously a ruse
>>
>>69976614
what if bran wargs into varys' cock and speak to him from the fire?

or maybe he is rhllor
>>
>>69976759
who cares the show was shit after 1st season
>>
File: GRRM0354654.jpg (202 KB, 1377x843) Image search: [Google]
GRRM0354654.jpg
202 KB, 1377x843
>>69976656
>Everything iin the show has been approved by GRRM.

If by approved you mean; “I, GRRM allow HBO to do whatever the fuck they want with my story in exchange for this suitcase of cash and promise not to bitch about it afterward”?

Then, yes.
>>
>>69994362

George RR Martin is like the Anti-Santa Claus
>>
>>69978187
>all this cock
>all this nipple
>constipated fat man

What the fuck
>>
>>69979581
What a fucking moron
>>
>>69993828
"...in the darkness I would eat your heirs." was AMAZING. It captures the enormity of her betrayal: she's cuckolding a king to put a product of incest on the throne, ultimately disrupting the line of succession and plunging half the world into war on the brink of a decade-long winter. She is this utterly disgusting, selfish, horrible monster, and this line captures it perfectly.

It's the kind of raw fucking poetry that made these books popular in the first place.
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.