[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Dark_City_poster.jpg (23 KB, 301x468) Image search: [Google]
Dark_City_poster.jpg
23 KB, 301x468
Why aren't there more Dark City threads on /tv/?
>>
We don't talk about movies here
>>
Because it's old, and so are you.

Just kidding, it's pretty good but messed with my head a bit when I first saw it.
>>
Because Proyas couldn't into memes like Nolan
>>
>>69973084
Oh, right.

>>69973107
I really liked it, would rate it 7-8/10. I'd like to see /tv/ be filled with something that isn't got, Marvel and DC.
>>
>>69973219

Isn't Proyas a meme now? He made pretty shit movies, like Gods Of Egypt.
>>
>>69973334
We Wuzunt Kangs got picked on because of the new uber liberal agenda, which is a shame since it was his first film in ages and he probably won't get another project now.
>>
>>69973489
movie wasnt good though, and trust me anon, I like shit, that wasn't good shit
>>
>>69972964
It's really not movie for everyone. I still don't know how to feel about it. That Kiefer tho.
>>
>>69974101

Why don't you know how to feel about it? It's not something that hard to get, it's a cool noirish sci-fi movie with an interesting twist. I need to rewatch it, found it pretty fun during the first time, and I think I might missed something in it.
>>
>>69972964
I really enjoyed this movie. I kept hoping for a sequel.
>>
>>69974453

Sequel isn't really needed, ending was a good wrap up, and I don't think a sequel would work.
>>
>>69973489
At least he got to call everyone a bunch of faggots on his way out.
>>
>>69974569
Yeah there is no reason at all for a sequel. That anon should just watch the thirteenth floor.
>>
File: question_snake.jpg (100 KB, 458x750) Image search: [Google]
question_snake.jpg
100 KB, 458x750
>>69973297
Theater crab legs?
>>
This movie was so good, it sucks no one I know has seen it. DAT Jennifer Connelly hnngggghh
>>
>>69975035

Oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgHqbJr3NFI
>>
File: 1463246579453.jpg (15 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1463246579453.jpg
15 KB, 500x491
cuz the movie is shit

>muh dark city

kys
>>
>>69975208

You tried.
>>
>why aren't there constant threads about a mostly forgotten, slightly above mediocre movie that came out when most of /tv/ was still in diapers

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>69975349

>that came out when most of /tv/ was still in diapers
/tv/ talks about much older movies, kek. Also, this movie isn't greatest of all time, but it certanly isn't just slightly above average. It was good.
>>
>>69972964
bump there are several other movies with a similar theme

matrix before it was a thing , allegory of the cave esque

dark city
city of lost children
EXisteNZ
13th Floor

there's more but I can recall any right now

IMO they are all good to one degree or another
>>
Don't talk to strangers.
>>
>>69975517

>/tv/ talks about much older movies

Dark City is the kind of movie that most people forget about if they didn't watch it when it first came out. I used to have it on VHS and almost forgot it existed.
>>
>>69975553

Thanks for the suggestions, anon. Will check them out.
>>
You know what's also a good movie? Strange Days.
>>
>>69975713

Isn't /tv/ suppose to be a place when you can find hidden gems like Dark city? Or is it mostly degenerate shitposting?
>>
>>69975745

Totally.
>>
>>69975553
>dark city
>city of lost children
>EXisteNZ
>13th Floor

These are all great
>>
>>69975745
I need to re-watch that. Haven't seen it in years and years.
>>
Because it came out like 20 years ago and isn't very good, just has a cool looking style to it.
>>
>>69976772
But it was good, not flawless, but good.
>>
File: night-of-the-comet[1].jpg (58 KB, 781x459) Image search: [Google]
night-of-the-comet[1].jpg
58 KB, 781x459
Why aren't there more Night of the Comet threads on /tv/?
>>
>>69976961

Because "muh Bane", "muh BvS is a kino masterpiece meme XDDD", and other degenerate shitposting threads.
>>
>>
>>69976961
Daddy would have gotten us uzis.
>>
>>69972964
It's a pretty terrible film. For everything it does right, it does five things wrong. While the style is great, I honestly believe the only reason people talk about it is because of The Matrix and the similarities between the two film.
>>
>>69976961
I love that movie despite that damn Cyndi Lauper song being in it.
>>
>>69977471
What five things does it do wrong? I'd say that about Equilibrium though.
>>
>>69977288

https://youtu.be/kMo2OLBigL8?t=2629
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.