[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no more god-tier kinos what the fuck, is there anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: high and low.jpg (117 KB, 452x640) Image search: [Google]
high and low.jpg
117 KB, 452x640
>tfw no more god-tier kinos
what the fuck, is there anything comparable to the shots made by Kurosawa?
I mean post 90s
>>
>>69972475

I just watched this last weekend.
>at first expected the cop to be be criminals in disguise
>mild disappointment

Great movie though. I've only seen Kurosawa's period films otherwise, what other Kurosawa movies in a contemporary setting would you recommend?
>>
>>69972962
ikiru
stray dog
drunken angel
>>
>>69972962
>>>at first expected the cop to be be criminals in disguise
I had literally expected the same, but it would have been too unrealistic desu

>Great movie though. I've only seen Kurosawa's period films otherwise, what other Kurosawa movies in a contemporary setting would you recommend?
I have been told to watch stray dogs and drunken angel, but I have yet to

I have seen the bad sleeps well, and of course the shots are again REALLY good, but the story is quite boring
>>
>>69973134
>>69973015

Thanks for the recs, gonna grab em for the weekend.

Have you seen "I live in fear" and would you recommend it?
>>
Kurosawa never did "twists" as far as I can remember; a fact that is quite jarring to those more familiar with post 1990 cinema. The moment where the kidnapper asks Gondo for a light I was certain it would be revealed they had conspired together. Amusing how the lack of a "twist" was the biggest twist of all.
>>
>>69974310

It's refreshing compared to how a lot of movies feel the need to have a twist.
>>
File: captcha.jpg (9 KB, 123x71) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
9 KB, 123x71
>>69972475
Definitely my favourite Kurosawa.
>>
a twist in a kurosawa movie would be in something happened
>>
>>69974310
Especially in Rashomon which almost seems designed to have a twist given the unreliable nature of the narrative. The only "twist" is that the woodcarver a nice guy
>>
>>69975987
*if
>>
>>69975987
Pleb
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.