[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Okay Rey for our first lesson... wait how do you know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: LukeSkywalkerEpisode8.jpg (187 KB, 1264x933) Image search: [Google]
LukeSkywalkerEpisode8.jpg
187 KB, 1264x933
>"Okay Rey for our first lesson... wait how do you know how to use the force? Fight a Sith with a lightsaber? Mind trick people? Bypass the compressor?"

(Luke takes out his lightsaber)
>"You're a secret Sith aren't you!"

Rey then begins a lightsaber duel with Luke; killing him, after psychologically battling many months with voices of Snoke inside of her - as it turns out Rey was created by Snoke (Darth Plagueis) which explains all her knowledge of every Jedi power: i.e. the female Anakin.

>What would you think of this plot twist?
>>
>>69971046
It might be better than what we'll get.
>>
*teleports behind luke*

heh.. nothin personnel . . """"""master"""""

*shoves lightsaber up lukes ass*

and then rey became a jedi master except she also has the power of stronk womyn
>>
>>69971297
I so hope they don't follow Empire and Return with Rey redeeming Kylo at the end.

Would be so boring
>>
>>69971046

You know how I know youre 12yo? Excactly.
>>
ben realizes his sibling love for rey and kills snek at the end just like lawd vadda
>>
>>69971664
>snek
>lawd vadda
is this the new spodermon meme?
>>
>Kylo Ren
>Sith
I wish this meme would end.
>>
>>69971046
I like it :^)
>>
>>69971614
That sounds entirely like something Disney would do.
>>
>>69971046
Reminder that Rey will be stuck with Luke and probably Kylo if those leaks are true for a while.
>>
>>69971749
nah they only copied ANH in Episode 7 due to making sure it would make a big box office cos they relied on nostalgia.

Now they can choose to go in an entirely different route (they fucking better).
>>
>>69971046
Why do retards not understand that kylo ren was a fucking idiot who lost because he was an insecure loser

Rey winning doesnt mean shes this super ultra perfect jedi
>>
>>69971786
what leaks? explain anon
>>
Not going to happen. Do you know why? Because Star Wars to its core is the generic monomyth of the young hero setting out to find a mentor to teach them to take down the evil empire.
>>
>>69971614
>>69971749
I don't think Kylo can be redeemed after murdering Han.
>>
>>69971823
>Rey winning doesnt mean shes this super ultra perfect jedi
probably not... and so her knowing how to mind trick 100% with no error, how to use the force fully, how to fly any vehicle - that doesn't prove she is an ultra perfect being?

hmm

k enough sarcaism: Yes it does. It ultimately proves that she is way more better than Anakin and Obi Won and even Luke when he was young.

The only way that this will make sense is if she is A: Reincarnation of Anakin or B: learnt all about the force years ago and her memory was wiped (considering Disney likes to pick and choose from the non canon; they may choose some stuff from Knights of the Old Republic).
>>
>>69971792
>whaaaaa they copied ANH!
>Why did rey beat kylo? Thats like Luke beating vader in episode 4! Why isnt TFA MORE like the original? WHAAAA!

the cognitive dissonance among TFA haters is hilarious
>>
>>69971889
You'd be surprised. This is Disney remember so wether they wanna go "kiddy friendly" and make everyone friends at end (which would be the worst ending ever) or base it on the original version of Episode 6 which was meant to have Luke go to the dark side - and then make Rey go to the darkside or Kylo remaining dark.

I definitely would like to see Rey battling with trying to resist the dark side.
>>
This franchise hasn't done an above average film since 1980, let it die
>>
>>69971901
Both of those theories have been proven false

Youre just a dumb prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about logic and 20 years of a literal yoda school instead of spirit and belief
>>
>>69971046
very reddit-tier

i like it
>>
>>69971909
>still denying that FTA is a remake of ANH
How much longer will you deny and defend this?

This actually isn't the main problem I have with the movie. The main problem is how short it is due to JJ cutting out 30 minutes of the movie, refusing to include all this on the Blu Ray release.

The madman.

TFA is the worst edited movie I've ever seen: due to it not explaining how Rey is so advanced at everything (at least in the book it describes she took vehicle lessons which explains how she can fly the falcon BUT JJ did not include any of this in the movie).

If JJ had better directed scenes such as showing Rey read a book on force powers and the myths of the Jedi THEN the audience would NOT call her a Mary Sue as then they would go "Ohh she knows how to use the force due to reading about it".

Unless she is a reincarnation of Anakin then JJ did such a bad job at directing and writing this.
>>
>>69971046
>Starkiller Rey
>>
>>69971984
>Both of those theories have been proven false
Um no they haven't.

You call me a dumb "prequelbabby" because I want a movie that makes sense and not a "muh strong women" tale?
>>
>>69971832
More like speculation. Some set pics show a ship in damage and some think it's probably Kylo that crashed.
>>
>>69972061
Nigger do you understand the reason why people liked Star Wars in the first place is BECAUSE its fast paced and light on exposition?

If dumb fucks like you were in charge we would have cut away from the opening space battle so Luke and biggs could talk about imperial collectivization of moisture farms like George wanted. Who cares that its useless information that kills the pace of the movie? Its WORLDBUILDING and it EXPLAINS things!

We cant just accept that Rey is a pilot we need internal justification because i have autism!
>>
>>69971984

Different guy here.

Watching Luke's training was fantastic.

Watching some fucking brat shit on everyone and everything on her first try is preposterous, boring and begets frustration when one realises the lost potential. I'd much rather see her become a lost in power villain.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 500x500
>>69971909
A cute star wars whaaa baby
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x533
>>69971984
A cute dumd prequel baby
>>
>>69972196
This is why the prequels are a masterpiece.

They have excellent strong dialogue driven scenes as well as lots of action. Not just action.
>>
>>69971046
Is his head photoshopped to be huge?
>>
>>69971901
>It ultimately proves that she is way more better than Anakin and Obi Won and even Luke when he was young.
How? Because she beat Kylo? Obi Wan defeated a fully trained Sith Lord while he was still a padawan. Luke had learned how to use the Force with minimal training, something Rey adimittedly lacked but was instead opened up to it by Kylo.
Anakin and Kylo are very similar. Strong in the Force but full of doubt and angst. If they had focus and discipline they would infinitely more powerful.
>>
>>69972342
? that's how his head is
>>
File: 1434060015073_zpsnvu8lp2j.jpg (20 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1434060015073_zpsnvu8lp2j.jpg
20 KB, 218x265
>mfw Rey turns out to be the force itself
>>
File: 1448303907073.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448303907073.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>69972323
Youre either a memer or genuinely retarded, either way youre not worth arguing with
>>
>>69971046
Better than any "hur dur your my cousins daughter father of the gam gam side"
>>
>>69972386
One of the best stories ever written (the acting though is questionable in some scenes but you cannot deny the way the prequels are written is 10/10 shakespearean brilliance).
>>
>>69971046
I don't know and I don't care.
>>
>>69972539
-Harrison Ford
>>
>>69971889
Vader was redeemed after murdering Yenglings and blowing up a planet.
>>
Rey is a literal nobody. Shes not anyones daughter or niece nor is she a reincarnation.

Shes a normal person who embodies the true spirit and belief of the Force while Kylo Ren is the dumb idiot who thinks hes hot shit because of his bloodline (i.e. midichlorians) and this causes him to fail.

That people didnt pick up on this shows how pervasive prequel logic has become.
>>
>>69972635
This. She's the true born child of the force. Rey's midichlorians must be off the charts.

Expect for Snoke to dump Kylo for Rey in VIII.
>>
>>69972719
No you dumb fuck

Shes just a normal person who believes and that makes her strong. Faggots raised on the prequels cant understand this
>>
>>69972634

The youngling thing is retcon shit and isn't part of his original arc. And Tarkin blew up the planet.
>>
>>69972755
>Shes just a normal person who believes and that makes her strong.
So in your case: no Jedi needs to be taught anything; all they have to do is believe and they can do mind tricks with no problems, defeat a sithlord in first battle, fly any vehicle.

For fuck sake just understand that TFA is such a badly written mary sue movie
>>
>>69972823
When did Rey defeat a Sith Lord?
>>
Literally the only way to save this shitfest trilogy is to have Rey turn become the real villain. She's just too stupidly powerful to be a protagonist in a movie like this.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>69972794
>The youngling thing is retcon shit and isn't part of his original arc.
>STAR WARS EPISODE 7
>EPISODE 7
All the prequels are still canon. If they were not then it would not be called Episode 7 but Episode 5 you idiot
>>
>>69972794
>And Tarkin blew up the planet.
And Vader was okay with that. Guilty by association.
>>
>>69972823
Luke blew up the death star after getting told what the force was earlier that day and spending two minutes with the training remote

And if you cant understand the ENTIRE POINT of kylo's character is that hes an insecure loser who doesnt believe his own shit, thats your own problem. Im sorry Darth maul made you think star wars villains are all generic badasses with no character
>>
>>69972867

>Idiot

My point is when Vader's redemption was written he wasn't a child killing lunatic. The equivalent is if Kylo Ren got redeemed, then later you made a prequel where you find out he killed Han. You can't compare them.
>>
Rey is a horrible character.
>>
>>69972862
>She's just too stupidly powerful to be a protagonist in a movie like this.
THIS. You are exactly right. I cannot stand watching her be good at every single thing

>But if she was a man you would praise her
NO I fucking wouldn't! I would be questioning exactly the same WHY this person who grew up on a desert planet knows everything.

>But Luke was just as powerful as Rey
NO he fucking wasn't!! In ANH Obi Won shows Luke what a mind trick is when he does it on the guards; Luke throughout the movie is a rooki who knows nothing; not even how to properly use a lightsaber and he doesn't end up using a lightsaber til halfway through Empire when he has trained for months with Yoda.

Me as a child when watching the Old Trilogy: it isn't until the opening of Episode 6 is when I truly feel the force all through him: truly feel how masterful he has become.

It is so different with Rey: right off the bat she knows everything. It just does not make sense UNLESS SHE IS a reincarnation of Anakin.
>>
>>69972794
>And Tarkin blew up the planet.

The seven-foot-tall cyborg with more power than anyone on the station and a laser-sword stood by and did nothing while an old man have the command to kill billions.

If you think he is anything but just as guilty as Tarkin you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>69972867
The prequels are "canon" in that theyre technically part of the series but everyone in a position of power realizes how stupid they are and the new movies will never acknowledge them
>>
>>69972914
Luke blowing up the death star isn't the same as Rey knowing how to mind trick, lightsaber fighting a sith

All Luke had to do was concentrate and shoot the lazer thing which yes required force work but not as much as Rey.

Rey is still a Mary Sue
>>
>>69973012
people like you are the fucking problem.
>>
>>69972977
Not horrible. But horribly written for sure.

She better be a reincarnation of Anakin or had her mind erased which explains why she is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>69972914
Luke's one big thing in the first film is that he's a good pilot and the force helps him out a bit. He's not even amazing as a pilot, he gets shot down in the first third of the second movie.
In the first movie he gets beaten up and pretty much no-one likes him... and in TFA, Rey beats up everyone, overcomes every problem all by herself, is the bestest pilot ever and Han Solo the suavest, roguish father figure thinks she's the bestest everything ever and asks her to join him...

If the TFA script wound up on some fanfiction hub before the movie was released, every single person would decry it as the usual inane headcanon of some nobody.
>>
>>69973079
This. Anyone who hates the prequels are just brainwashed fools who have watched too many Screen Junkie videos.

You can critique the acting for sure BUT you cannot critique the story writing of Episodes 1-3. They are absolute masterpieces.

I respect Lucas for being creative and original. Something that Disney could never do for the life of them.
>>
File: 1453820716346.jpg (224 KB, 473x1189) Image search: [Google]
1453820716346.jpg
224 KB, 473x1189
Were there any more of these?
>>
>>69973012
>will never acknowledge them
thats what you think. 5 dollars says jar jar shows up in 8
>>
>>69971046
>not knowing that Obi Wan was following her all these years as a spirit, subconsciously telling her about all his good friends.

She knows all about his good friends Evar Orbus and his Jizz Wailers, all about UURRGGHHHA the Tusken Raider that shot at Anakin, and such good friends as chairs, water and breasts.
>>
>>69971593
haha girl rapes guy

>pottery?
>>
>>69973131
Exactly this. Perfect debate anon.

>Luke gets shot down, beaten up a lot
>Rey beats up everyone, overcomes every problem all by herself

Once again: Rey = Mary Sue
>>
>>69973152
>BUT you cannot critique the story writing of Episodes 1-3. They are absolute masterpieces.
/co/, pls.
>>
>>69972995
Why are there even other characters in the movie outside the villains? Rey is better than them in whatever they do.
That one scene where she was able to mindtrick the stormtrooper though, THAT was the scene I where I knew these films were fucked. Han and Leia were captured and torture din the OT, but oh no, that sort of thing can't happen to the modern strong female character, they're always in control, and never allowed to get hurt.
>>
File: George-Lucas-Laughing.jpg (60 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
George-Lucas-Laughing.jpg
60 KB, 500x370
>>69973153
HAHA Disney BTFO

This is what all you haters get for forcing Lucas to sell
>>
>>69973217
Here's a prediction for the next film:
Someone will have their hand chopped off to "link" it with Empire, but even though the logical choice is Rey, that's not supposed to happen to young adult novel MCs, so it'll be some loser like Finn instead.
>>
>>69973348
Finn already got his back almost sliced. He will return with some metal armour that fixes his spine or some shit.

>Now what would be cool to see is Rey turn to the dark side and Finn (who actually is a Jedi) has to battle her
>>
>>69973131
>no one likes him
Where do you get this idea? Han and Leia treat him like a kid in Ep.4 but I never got the impression that they disliked him.
Luke was also raised on farm, while Rey had to take care of herself alone, and it's shown she posesses fighting skills.
The only thing that really bothers me is her use of mind trick. That should not be so easy to master. If they explain it with erased memories it would offer an explanation, but might feel like a cop-out.
As for Han, he's older and has dropped the asshole act. It's also not unrealistic that he would try and protect Rey after what happened with his own son.
>>
>>69972365
well to be fair Obi Wan was basically trained from birth by Yoda and then Qui Gon, both top-tier Jedi out of the whole galaxy.

I do think that Rey requires some kind of special origin to be believable, because even Anakin was a trainee and wasn't perfect.

Obi Wan was better than Rey but its explained why, and Maul was no bitchy Kylo.

Kylo is too unfocused, but he's clearly very powerful and a descendant of Anakin. His inner conflict makes him weak due to his straddling light and dark. His character makes perfect sense in its context. Rey's doesn't.

PS im not the guy you were replying to
>>
File: Han-Solo-lightsaber1.jpg (123 KB, 1201x600) Image search: [Google]
Han-Solo-lightsaber1.jpg
123 KB, 1201x600
Han Solo
>"Out the way Imma Jedi"
>>
>>69973432
he just needed to believe to become a jedi
>>
>>69973348
Nah, it's going to be a leg this time.

They know that people spotted the blatant retreading, but they're still going to want to milk it a bit more.
>>
>>69973059
KYLO IS NOT A SITH YOU FUCKING RETARD

HE IS A SCARED INSECURE KID PRETENDING TO BE DARTH VADER TO MAKE UP FOR HIS OWN INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND DOESNT ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN HIS CAUSE SO HE LOSES AGAINST THE GIRL WHO BELIEVES IN THE FORCE

RETARD
>>
File: 1430495732523.gif (1 MB, 240x252) Image search: [Google]
1430495732523.gif
1 MB, 240x252
>>69972375
>yfw Anakin was the result of Sheev and Plagueis ejaculating all over the force
>>
>>69971046
>a lightsaber duel with Luke; killing him
If Luke dies I get up and walk out, never to watch a theatrically released Star Wars fanfilm ever again. Luke needs to survive this trilogy. They don't need to kill of the main characters one-by-one to give legitimacy to their stories.
>>
>>69973491
he still was Luke's apprentice. That counts for fucking something, you dingus.
>>
>>69973403
I personally didn't mind that she was competent, but they never really gave her a ceiling outside of being a shit shot.

I wouldn't even have minded the mind trick had they handled it right.
It should have been a desperate effort to distract someone when she had already escaped rather than a blunt force mindrape, maybe something that made a previously inquisitive trooper either look away or forget what he was suspicious of.
>>
File: 1464094834093.png (444 KB, 1139x358) Image search: [Google]
1464094834093.png
444 KB, 1139x358
>>69971046
>killing based Luke
No
>>
>>69971046
>What would you think of this plot twist?
who are you quoting you star wars watching newfaggot?
>>
>>69973153
Did dumb fucks miss the point of this scene?

Luke couldnt lift the x wing not because he didnt have enough experience points. It was due to his own doubt in the force. If luke believed he could do it, he would have.
>>
File: NEfV5k96w49phm_1_b.jpg (45 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEfV5k96w49phm_1_b.jpg
45 KB, 600x316
>>69973403
>The only thing that really bothers me is her use of mind trick. That should not be so easy to master. If they explain it with erased memories it would offer an explanation, but might feel like a cop-out.
Exactly this. She really should not have used this knowledge that she should not possess.

The writers entirely fucked up her character arc. She has no growth.

I wonder what JJ said to Daisy when he directed her.

>"Now Daisy Rey is a very strong women who knows all about the force and has lived alone for many years and is a strong fighter."

>"Yes I understand that she is a strong fighter for having no parents and being brought up alone but why is she so powerful with the force and how come she can do mind tricks so easily?"

>"I cannot tell you that."

>"Why not? I must make sense of the character who I am playing."

>"Who cares? Just act with what I tell you to. The next director will work out something for Episode 8".

>"Why would you just make something up? Tell me please why she is so knowledgeable with mind tricking people if no one ever taught her?"

>"You know Daisy... can you just shut the fuck up please."
>>
>>69973403
It's really annoying I have to explain this over and over again... the problem isn't a lack of reason for Rey being the best there ever was, it's that she IS the best there ever was. It doesn't matter why people like, it matters that everyone DOES like her.

The why is immaterial, the simple fact is that she's so goddamn overpowered it makes everyone else in the movie redundant. One of the reasons I liked Finn so much is that he's got nothing going for him but, damn he's going to try anyway. Little Miss Perfect has everything handed to her on a plate, to the point where I just stopped caring about her because once she freed herself, I knew straight away there was nothing that was ever going to be a threat to her... there was no tension left in regards to the character, and nothing she did was impressive.
Finn repeatedly fighting people that outmatched him and getting his ass kicked was way more engaging than Rey beating everything herself, regardless of what convoluted reasoning there may be.
>>
>>69973403
I think Han's attitude towards Rey is important. Han has given up on his son completely, while Leia holds on. When Han meets Rey, she's everything good and fills the void his son left.

Because of his liking to her, he fills the void in a caring parent that she didnt have.

When Kylo sees this in her mind, it enrages him with jealousy. He's pissed his dad has basically replaced him with this little girl. Which makes him even more pissed when he realizes how much stronger she is.

I think Kylo was sonewhat actually ready to go with Han, but seeing Rey up on the balcony and the star disappearing brought him back to speed and he realized what they were there to do
>>
>>69971046
>ending TFA awakens on a cliffhanger
>open next movie with suprise twist that continues the scene

i would literally throw feces at the screen for having to wait two years for a continuation
>>
What I'd Kyle's mind meld gave her knowledge of his training?
>>
>>69973152
Lucas is a dumb hack who got lucky. If you read his treatments for empire the dialogue is just as stilted and robotic as the prequels. His original cut of Star wars was amateurish until paul hirsch richard chew and marcia lucas saved it

If you know anything about star wars' production you wouldnt be pretending hes some kind of sole creative visionary
>>
>>69973580
Kek
>>
>>69973582
>One of the reasons I liked Finn so much is that he's got nothing going for him but, damn he's going to try anyway.
Very true. I loved seeing Finn try his hardest at using the lightsaber despite him not being that good. He was TRYING.

Rey on the other hand didn't need to try because she is the literal Force God.
>>
File: 1462782566419.jpg (97 KB, 1461x925) Image search: [Google]
1462782566419.jpg
97 KB, 1461x925
>>69973580
>implying Ridley cares for anything this nerdy
unrealistic desu
>>
>>69973421
Yeah, there has to be an explanation to Rey's power. It was established that she's strong in the Force in Kylo's conversation with Snoke though.
I also don't like that these threads often are reduced to power level discussion when that has never been the determining factor in who wins.
>>
>>69973612
Doesn't fix the movie the problem is that right now there is literally no conflict for her in the movies to come. She has already defeated the strongest villain (aside from snoke maybe) in the current Star Wars universe with no training whatsoever.
>>
>>69973611
>open next movie with suprise twist that continues the scene
There are rumours the first scene will be Luke staring at Rey exactly how it ended.

Basically the opening will be like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOasSwfZcjc
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>69973689
>Yeah, there has to be an explanation to Rey's power

Thats prequel logic

Why is it so outlandish that the hero is good at the Force because she is a true believer and is a good person? Luke's heritage only became important when Lucas retroactively made the series about Vader because he sold the most toys
>>
File: 1441818311385.gif (17 KB, 325x351) Image search: [Google]
1441818311385.gif
17 KB, 325x351
>>69973724
Man, I would kill for that fake leak to be true.
>Rey, you are my father
>>
>>69973704
Kylo is going to grow alongside Rey in a dark inverse of the hero's journey

What you dumb shits dont understand is that the villain is at the beginning of his journey, not the end of it like Vader. He was still unsure of himself and not fully formed. Kylo is a different character than Vader, which you guys all willfully ignore so you can complain that the movie is structurally similar to the original
>>
Tell that to Han's punctured torso!
>>
>>69973765
>Why is it so outlandish that the hero is good at the Force because she is a true believer and is a good person?
it makes a shitty protagonist.
>>
>>69973611
This is the problem with Force Awakens.

Every other Star Wars movie has an almost standalone ending.

>Phantom Menace - all at peace
>Attack of Clones - Anakin at peace with Padme
>Revenge of Sith - Vader has risen, the fait of the twins has all been taken care of
>A New Hope - Death Star has been destroyed, celebration
>Empire Strikes Back - Luke got a new hand, is all taken care of

Wheres Force Awakens is the only one which has such a cliffhanger which makes the movie feel incomplete.

And yeah having to wait 2 years to know the continuation of a cliffhanger is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>69973805
>Going to see Episode 8 in Decemeber 2017
>Watch opening title crawl
>Watch camera pan down to a planet - shows mountains as then it cuts to close up of Luke's face
>Watch Rey reaching out her hand to give Luke the lightsaber
(repeat of the exact same ending that you saw 2 years).

Let out a loud
>"Are you seriously fucking kidding me?"
>>
File: 1457016888705.jpg (34 KB, 400x191) Image search: [Google]
1457016888705.jpg
34 KB, 400x191
>>69973892
Empire's the best one and it's ending was fucking nothing but setting up jedi.
>>
>>69973881
Im sorry youve been raised on modern subversive edgy media and think Star wars should be anything but a morality play about the hero's journey in space

Go watch the prequels if you want hamfisted iraq war commentary
>>
>>69973950
Empire is much more of a cliffhanger than TFA you dumb shit
>>
File: 1460924469560.jpg (44 KB, 485x700) Image search: [Google]
1460924469560.jpg
44 KB, 485x700
Man, daisy scored with star wars
>ugly
>can't act
>gets to play in one of the biggest movies ever
I just don't understand
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>69973965
It had least has a comfy ending and no "having to wait 2 years for a cliffhanger resolution".

Also the idea that Luke only had 30 seconds of screen time (something that I predicted months before the release date) was such a stupid decision to not even have him say any lines... and his name appears in the first listed in the end credits.
>>
>>69972061
>due to it not explaining how Rey is so advanced at everything
More fucking clunky exposition is needed in movies... nah m8
>>
>>69973847
>Kylo is going to grow alongside Rey

Irrelevant as Rey already overpowered Kylo last time after Kylo trained basically his whole life. The only way this would work were if Rey somehow has a problem with learning the force, which would be forcing a plothole down the movie.

>He was still unsure of himself and not fully formed
That doesn't explain him getting beat by a girl who learned about the force a day earlier. You seem to gloss over the fact that Kylo has been trained by Luke as his life as well.
>>
>>69973977
What? I just want to see a relatable protag encounter challanges and having to learn to overcome them.
>>
File: LandisMarySue.png (240 KB, 587x651) Image search: [Google]
LandisMarySue.png
240 KB, 587x651
>>69974044
see
>>69974079

idiot
>>
>>69973582
so likeable = bad character?
also she does fail twice against Kylo, first when she's stunned and afterwards put to sleep by him, and second when she's forced pushed away and leaves finn alone in fighting kylo
>>
>>69974050
She's partially copying the "style" of acting you see in the original trilogy. Which I like.
>>
>>69974087
see
>>69974124
>>
>>69974050
>ugly
>Can't act
>>
File: original and clone.jpg (119 KB, 1536x550) Image search: [Google]
original and clone.jpg
119 KB, 1536x550
Rey is one of the many clones of Anakin, the original Darth Vader, and Kylo is jealous of Rey who has the power of the original and much more, while he as a biological descendant has only a fraction of what most Jedis or Sith have.
>>
>>69974094
You mean if Kylo has a problem with learning, which he does. Way overly emotional and has a master who probably is holding back.
>>
File: jonathan-guzi-lone-tower6.jpg (588 KB, 1920x949) Image search: [Google]
jonathan-guzi-lone-tower6.jpg
588 KB, 1920x949
>Because Disney didn't have a high enough budget to make something as epic as pic related

Instead what we got was another desert planet, a CGI Star destroyer (no model), a CGI moving falcon, Starkiller base which looked fucking amazing as an entire planet having a death star build deep in its core - but JJ decided to blow it up when we didn't even get to fucking see much of it in the first place (way to fucking go).

Also the insane stupidity of being able to blow up an entire planet reactor by just pressing a button to turn off the shields and planting some grenades in a basement.

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DEFEND THIS FUCKING MOVIE!?
>>
>>69974094
Vader was literally space jesus and the most powerful sith ever. He kicked Luke's ass in ESB and lost in RotJ despite luke not having any more formal training. Why? Because he was full of conflict in having to fight his son who was trying to pull him back. Emotional conflict making you weak is a real thing in star wars. Quit pretending its about experience points and power levels
>>
>>69974158
We can only hope that this is exactly what Episode 8 will tell us about her.

The only thing that will explain why she is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>69974094
>Irrelevant as Rey already overpowered Kylo
He was badly injured and being arrogant. Finn showed that when he nicked his shoulder.
>That doesn't explain him getting beat by a girl who learned about the force a day earlier. You seem to gloss over the fact that Kylo has been trained by Luke as his life as well.
It does explain why. A Jed or Sith is most powerful when they are focused. Kylo was torn over killing his father, and again injured.
He also didn't finish his training with Luke, neither has he finished his training with Snoke.
And don't make this into a powerlevel competition. Star Wars has never been about that.
>>
File: sue_star trek.jpg (239 KB, 1363x765) Image search: [Google]
sue_star trek.jpg
239 KB, 1363x765
You know what makes it all worse? Rey is a BIGGER mary sue than the original Mary Sue.

At least the original Mary Sue from that Star Trek fanfiction had professional training and genetic leverage for being respected by other characters. Rey, on the other hand, had no reason to be as skilled and intelligent as shown. She was a basic scavenger that never held a gun, never went off-world, and had no mechanical expertise.
>>
>>69973892
The ending to Clones was that proto Deathstar reveal and you can't have a cliffhanger on episode 3 with 4 having been made decades before. 5 sets up 6 and 6's ending was just weird.

And 1 never existed.

So new hope had a great ending
>>
>>69974317
>Because he was full of conflict
bullshit
>>
>>69974403
Dude, did you even watch Return of the Jedi?

>I feel the good in you...the conflict. You couldnt bring yourself to kill me before and i dont believe you'll destroy me now

TFA haters confirmed for having not even seen the OT
>>
>>69974289

um, no. it wasn't budgetary issues, mate. it was a conscious decision to mimic the settings and beats of A New Hope so as to give audiences something familiar yet with a new story/narrative. not saying the film succeeded even with that, but TFA was not different for the reason you posit. plus, it's fucking Disney. they have all the fucking money in the world.
>>
>>69974400
>And 1 never existed.
>STAR WARS EPISODE 7
yes it does exist and it is such a comfy great film

>wanting to pretend the podracing never existed
go and fuck yourself
>>
File: Scrn_092.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Scrn_092.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>69974460
Worst fucking decision ever by them then.

They could have literally made Jakku look like the second level of Halo.
>>
File: revan.jpg (81 KB, 444x596) Image search: [Google]
revan.jpg
81 KB, 444x596
Rey = Revan.
Search your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>69974473
The phantom menace has a lot of problems but it at its core still feels like star wars due to following the same structure as ANH. It doesnt have the insane tonal and visual problems of the other two prequels

The anti cheese edit is actually an enjoyable flick.
>>
>>69974614
It had a lot of actual sets instead of purely green screen.
>>
>>69974460
At least Lucas was never scared to experiment: all the worlds that he created for the prequels: and you get fucking dickheads who call him a hack and wish his work never existed...

You have to be fucking insane to not appreciate all those worlds, planets, vehicles he and his design team made. So much superior than what we saw with Disney's Episode 7.

Sure the starkiller base was an amazing idea BUT destroying it in the first movie when they could have made it like the Halo ring from the Master Chief game series where Rey/Finn etc need to explore many segments on the giant planet - containing its own weather conditions on many areas.

NOPE fucking Disney decided to just destroy it and the way it was destroyed such as stated here
>>69974289
Is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>69974317
The powergap between luke and Vader was way less than it was with Rey and Kylo. Also Luke was full of conflict himself too. It doesn't matter that Star Wars isn't about powerlevels, the whole thing just doesn't make sense in building a character in movies.

>>69974338
So what is the use of basic training and everything then? Just believing in the force gives you all the experience and knowledge you need apparently. Why does Rey even need to find Luke then?
>>
Yoda failed Dooku.
Obi Wan failed Anakin.
Luke failed Ben.
Three of the greatest Jedi to ever live all failed their apprentices. How does a single franchise achieve this level of poetry?
>>
All this Mary Sue talk will never go anywhere.

Rey at the end won't be Skywalker or a Solo. Can't wait to see those salty fanboys on suicide watch.
>>
>>69974473
If there was some way for Lucas to either v remaster Jar jar out of existence or actually make him relevant a la evil Jar jar theories I'd be all for PM returning to our time line.
>>
>>69974655
No it didn't.
>>
>>69974533
She will turn into the dark side as well. Those with very close ties to the Force are very easy to unlock it's full potential.
>>
File: ZZ66708660.jpg (89 KB, 635x428) Image search: [Google]
ZZ66708660.jpg
89 KB, 635x428
>>69974655
very true

You can tell Attack of the clones was way more rushed than Phantom that was better carefully planned.
>>
>>69973551
>Luke couldnt lift the x wing not because he didnt have enough experience points. It was due to his own doubt in the force. If luke believed he could do it, he would have.

And the reason why older people have problems getting taught is because they have already been shaped by the world around them and have a firm grasp on reality.

Rey is a terrible written Mary Sue character, Luke isn't. That is the key difference.
>>
>>69974655
Check out this minuature
>>
File: 4wbGWhjv5ys.jpg (22 KB, 604x353) Image search: [Google]
4wbGWhjv5ys.jpg
22 KB, 604x353
>>69972323
>the prequels are a masterpiece
>>
File: 1444525024380.png (374 KB, 877x868) Image search: [Google]
1444525024380.png
374 KB, 877x868
>you live in a world where you actually find your self defending the prequels.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's strange but time has shown us this happens. Hell America is actually arming Vietnam to fight communists, this time almost all of Vietnam wants us to help them instead of just the south.
>>
File: Mos_Espa_Grand_Arena.png (3 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Mos_Espa_Grand_Arena.png
3 MB, 1920x816
HOW can anyone not love shots like this from the prequels?
>>
>>69972794
>>69972634
Vader killed Obi-wan and froze Han in carbonite, yet he was redeemed.
>>
File: TPM 2.png (2 MB, 1920x814) Image search: [Google]
TPM 2.png
2 MB, 1920x814
>>69974900
>>
>>69974900
Episode 1 was super cumfy and Pod racing was arguably the best part of that movie.
>>
For a 1999 film, the CGI + half miniature work has aged really well
>>
>>69974970
>literally Hitler in Paris
BRAVO GEORGE
>>
>>69974970
What video game is this?
>>
File: 1450803113536.jpg (61 KB, 571x719) Image search: [Google]
1450803113536.jpg
61 KB, 571x719
>praising the prequels
I will point at you and laugh
>>
>>69974944
The difference is that Kylo Ren killing his dad was a firm rejection of redemption. It was a direct inverse of Vader saving Luke. He chose his path.

I think he can remain a tragic antagonist but i dont want another redemption arc
>>
>>69974738
If you applied it to the original trilogy you'd have
> farmer
> flying car mechanic
> womp rat hunter/exterminator/sniper
> space pilot extraordinaire
> master of disguise
Etc etc

"It's soo unfair mom, I can't do everything the MC in my fantasy/sci fi movies can" -Mary Sue Finder Generals
>>
File: 1443916519925.jpg (59 KB, 513x599) Image search: [Google]
1443916519925.jpg
59 KB, 513x599
>>
>>69971593
this made me laugh
>>
>>69974693
i agree with you that there's an evident lack of creativity when it comes to locations/settings, and a whole lot of other things, in TFA. Star Wars is a Disney franchise now. don't expect anything other than family-friendly fodder.
>>
File: 125621621367.png (1 MB, 1402x903) Image search: [Google]
125621621367.png
1 MB, 1402x903
The Phantom Menace has aged so much better compared to the Force Awakens crap CGI
>>
>>69975162
fucking smug cunt
>>
>>69974693
>and you get fucking dickheads who call him a hack and wish his work never existed...
It's all the remasters and reboots and broken promises.

Like from the get go it was meant to be IV, V, VI, then I, II, III then VII VIII IX. But he tried to milk it too much!

And really he's the worst when he does something bad. Either really great or really bad.
>>
File: DesolationOfJUST.png (421 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
DesolationOfJUST.png
421 KB, 720x405
>>69975048
What game is this?

>Picture from The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
>>
>>69975207
Go look at the gungan city "set" and tell me that movie aged well
>>
>>69971046
>Darth Plagueis
Stupid prequel poster.
>>
File: Gungan_society.png (3 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Gungan_society.png
3 MB, 1920x816
>>69975321

um what's so wrong with this?
>>
>>69972634
Yenglins? O you mean younglings.
Padawan, jedi stuff.
>>
>>
Anyone else remember the first deleted scene when Obi Won/Qui Gonn and Jar Jar arrive at Naboo but their ship almost goes off the edge of a waterfall as they make their way to safety?

I swear I was it in the theatres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cFOJX4ch_U
>>
>>69975162
cant wait till everyone hates her as much as they hate jlaw

that forehead with dimples is bothersome
>>
>>69973217
Because of all the dumb fucks complaining reys gonna be beaten to a pulp In the next movie and then all the sjws are gonna complain. No one's gonna be satisfied
>>
File: Daisy-Ridley-y-John-Boyega.jpg (166 KB, 1964x1324) Image search: [Google]
Daisy-Ridley-y-John-Boyega.jpg
166 KB, 1964x1324
>>69975634
she looks like a 12 year old feminine boy.
>>
File: 1457234085674_zpscazznegv.jpg (665 KB, 1997x3000) Image search: [Google]
1457234085674_zpscazznegv.jpg
665 KB, 1997x3000
>>69975238
>>
>>69975827
now she looks like Kiera Knightly
>>
>>69972228
Looks like Daisy Ridley
>>
>>69975634
why would anyone hate a shitty Brit TV actress?
>>
>>69975744
I don't know how to feel about that...
>>
>>69975476
I thought mars quo was bigger?
>>
>>69975162
look at the top of her... nah forget it
>>
File: 1448545342880.png (404 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1448545342880.png
404 KB, 500x457
>>69975634
>cant wait till everyone hates her as much as they hate jlaw

Never gonna happen
>>
>>69975634
She's not even in JLaw's level.
>>
>>69976001
Did I just sexually frustrate you?
>>
>>69971046
I'd pay money to see that...
>>
>>69975162
a cute
>>
You guys are forgetting this is disney. Rey will eventually fall to the dark side, killing kylo ren and the nog will turn to the force and save her with power of love or some shit. This is most realistic option imo.
>>
File: Twelvy.png (583 KB, 1356x1356) Image search: [Google]
Twelvy.png
583 KB, 1356x1356
>>
>>69976077
Me too and then laugh at all the butthurt nerds seeing their beloved character die in the first 5 minutes
>>
>>69976031
>n-never g-gunna habben

yea ok its already starting to happen though
>>
>>69973611
Well GoT did it with Jon so you can expect the same
>>
File: 1447600873884.gif (844 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1447600873884.gif
844 KB, 200x150
>>69976177
>wait 30 years to see Luke have a 30 second cameo at the end of Episode 7

>wait 2 years to see Luke get killed by Rey in the first 5 minutes of Episode 8

Imagine that
>>
File: Ghkkkgdd_zpsg3ya7f9j.jpg (37 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
Ghkkkgdd_zpsg3ya7f9j.jpg
37 KB, 600x568
>>69976070
Is there a name for this type of thing?
>>
>>69976267
Pedofilia
>>
>>69976267
yea its called being a faggot
>>
>>69974693
lucky for you based RIAN and his umbrelliankino will change all this
>>
>>69976267
yeah, mental illness
>>
>>69973584
I've never thought about it like that.... Good analysis, anon.
>>
>>69976267
>>69975744

Reverse trap?
>>
File: 1463505924567.gif (1 MB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1463505924567.gif
1 MB, 184x141
>>69976248
>got disappointed with prequels
>get disappointed with sequels
like pottery, it rhymes
>>
>>69976316
But she doesn't dress like a boy.
>>
File: 125216327.png (872 KB, 1145x478) Image search: [Google]
125216327.png
872 KB, 1145x478
>>69976267
poor anon will never be the same again
>>
>you aren't ready to take on nu emperor yet
>but i just defeated nu vader
>o-ok
>deus ex machina
>post credit teaser
>>
>>69975207
Now post a picture of jar jar interacting with live actors and tell me it aged well. I fucking double dog dare you.
>>
>>69976267
Sexually attracted to a girl because she looks like a boy.
>>
File: REYBB8-e1452683052879.jpg (55 KB, 800x514) Image search: [Google]
REYBB8-e1452683052879.jpg
55 KB, 800x514
>>69976339
But she has no tits, and with what she's wearing, she looks like a boy ready to be taken to soccer practice by his mom
>>
>>69976369
>Rey in order to destroy the death star you need t-
>I bypassed the patriarchy, the death star is destroyed!
>huh
>Roll credits.
>>
>>69976468
still a cute
>>
>>69976325
The reason why you were disappointed by TFA is because you never actually looked at the original trilogy from a critical standpoint, you were conditioned to like it as a kid.

TFA has the exact same strengths and weaknesses of the OT. Much of what people bitch about in TFA are just as applicable to the originals. TFA IS star wars for better or worse
>>
>>69976305
thanks senpai.

i didnt either until this thread
>>
>>69976034
yea shes worse than jlaw

just because she hasnt expressed her fem views and her liberal agenda doesnt mean she doesnt have one

its just a matter of time til she gets comfortable enough to say what she thinks and have it bite her in the ass

remember when jlaw first made it big?
yea this is her just starting to get recognized

>i boipossed tha compressah i did i did ol' 'an solo
>>
>>69976509
Actually I didn't watch Star Wars until I was maybe 18 or something like that. I think the whole franchise is mediocre as hell.
>>
>>69976435
>because she looks like a boy
So, a faggot?
>>
>>69976507
>still a cute

any guy who likes girls because they say they are "cute" is a humongous faggot LOL
>>
File: giphy.gif (315 KB, 320x199) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
315 KB, 320x199
>>69976542
>>
>>69971593

Luke has a really strong orgasm, then he dies.
>>
>>69976562
>LOL
back2reddit
>>
>>69976560
>>69976562
Liking a girl because she looks like a boy doesn't make you gay.

Liking a hairy muscular man - now THAT is gay
>>
File: 1459178678662.gif (493 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1459178678662.gif
493 KB, 160x160
>>69976577
No it's true. I probably watched some of the sequels here and there when it's been on TV but didn't actually sit down and watch all of the movies until ~18.
LotR is unfathomably superior.
>>
>>69976562
well memed.

KYS
>>
>>69976542
it is mediocre unimaginative plagiarized drivel
there is really no merit in the star wars franchise if you actually are read and arent looking at the movies through rose tinted glasses
>>
>>69976596
>>69976604
>>69976648
butthurt faggots in deep denial about their homosexuality lol

>g-get out of my s-secret club

how about you faggots kill YOURselves
>>
>"Luke come out of the cave I wanna show you something."

(Luke inside)
>"Nahh I am fine inside. Let me just make a call to Leia and ask what the fuck is going on". Crazy people like you is the reason I left everything behind."
>>
>>69975048
The Phantom Menace (videogame)
Out now on Playstation 1, Playstation 2 and Xbox.
>>
>>69976705
>That heavy breathing
ACTING
>>
>>69976692
so im not allowed to find cute a girl like rey? or in this case daisy? fucking scrublord

>haha gay le trol xdxddxxd

KYS
>>
>>69976280
Literally how?
>>
>>69976725
>Out now on Playstation 1, Playstation 2 and Xbox.
You faggit it was never released on Xbox.

I wish it was remade and release though
>>
File: 1464052904403.jpg (345 KB, 1169x1082) Image search: [Google]
1464052904403.jpg
345 KB, 1169x1082
>>
>>69976751
Daisy is a feminine twink girl whilst some prefer muscular girls.

All a preference.
>>
>>69976784
>Widescreen editions
Kill yourself
>>
>>69975951
No way! He is my wife's son.
>>
>>69976751
>i like "cute" girls because im a pedo who likes little boys

yea ok butthurt fag LOL
>>
So what exactly is Rey's ambition? She's not gonna wait for her family anymore and I doubt she'll want to be a Jedi.

Han's lifestyle seems to fit Rey perfectly.
>>
Rey a shit
>>
File: 1462372127086.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1462372127086.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>69976876
>i like "cute" girls because im a pedo who likes little boys
>>
>>69976892
You actually are not wrong

>She takes over Han's spot in the falcon
She actually may become a female Han

>And in 20 years time we will see her become a hardcore smuggler but with Jedi abilities
10/10 would watch
>>
>>69976954
so basically a female Kyle Katarn?
>>
File: 1463444279909.jpg (174 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463444279909.jpg
174 KB, 682x1024
>>69976928
you obviously dont know that when people say daisy is "cute" its code for
>she looks like a little boy that i could over power or coerce into butseks

yall niggers gay

forehead with dimples reporting in!
>>
>>69976928
>I like girls but find boys hot but am not gay and am straight because I find Daisy hot who is like a boy
yeah this generation is getting more weird anon
>>
>>69976985
no rey is a female daisy ridley
>>
>>69977040
so a xenomorph?
>>
>>69977009
JJ be like

>"Put on your Star Wars costume Daisy."

>"But why filming is over?"

>"Because I like how you look in it"
>>
>>69976908
Mark my words Ridley will be the next Sarah Conner.
>>
>>69976769
Yeah me too.

And please...dont you never ever again call me faggot/faggit, please.

You can call me Barbossa thoug.
>>
File: 1461029778794.webm (332 KB, 1078x808) Image search: [Google]
1461029778794.webm
332 KB, 1078x808
>>69977059
Too bad the Women of Dragon born couldn't handle the role and had to quite... kek is running around and saying lines really that hard to do?
>>
>>69976954
Yeah, she doesn't seem the type to stay in one place. She only stayed at Jakku for her family but now she's out of there Rey will want to explore more planets.
>>
>>69975634
>>69976183
>>69976518
She hasn't been a raging cunt in interviews yet or tried painfully hard to be ohsoquirky and "just one of the guys".

Until that happens, she's nowhere near JLaw, who is obnoxious on an level nobody else can reach.
You're looking at a seed and immediately declaring it to be a Redwood.
>>
>>69977059
well, she can't be worse than Emilia Clarke
>>
>>69977062
I am very sorry Barbossa thoug.
>>
>>69977059
Really? Bets are on then.

Also, where's Darth Plagueis the Wise when you need him?
>>
>>69977118
your waifu a shit
>>
>there will never be a grey force user who balances emotion and control, using both sides of the Force in tandem
I thought Ahsoka would be that when she reappeared in Rebels, but nah, just unofficial Jedi with the same skill set
>>
>>69977143
Its okay, its only Barbossa, anon.
>>
>>69977113
Kelly C queen of burgers is still better looking that that little boy forehead with dimples
>>
>>69977180
kyle katarn
>>
File: QueenofSomething.png (690 KB, 1148x481) Image search: [Google]
QueenofSomething.png
690 KB, 1148x481
>>69977215
I disagree with you
>>
>>69977215
You seem to have something against Ridley, anon. Did she point and laugh at you?
>>
>>69977278
I agree with you
>>
>>69977303
she gave me herpes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.