[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was better as a Movie: Tommy or The Wall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: pink-floyd-the-wall-1979.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pink-floyd-the-wall-1979.png
164 KB, 500x500
Which was better as a Movie: Tommy or The Wall?
>>
bump for interest
>>
The Wall
>>
ALLLL AND ALLL YOUR JUST ANOTHER
>>
>>69970875
BIG GUY FOR SMALL
>>
File: Quadrophenia_movie[1].jpg (38 KB, 274x400) Image search: [Google]
Quadrophenia_movie[1].jpg
38 KB, 274x400
Pic related

Musically AND kineographically superior to either of babby's first concept album movies
>>
>>69970079
Tommy was absolute shit tier. Townsend messed with the soundtrack by putting synths over everything, plus having the band members as characters was a bad decision. Also the actual plot of Tommy was pants on head retarded. The Wall is better in pretty much every way.
>>
>>69970079
I haven't seen the Wall yet but Tommy is actually good.
>>
>>69971728
Come on now, it's fine to like the Wall more but Tommy isn't bad.
>>
>>69972296
It's super cheesy tho
>>
File: More_(film).jpg (181 KB, 525x705) Image search: [Google]
More_(film).jpg
181 KB, 525x705
>>
Both are shit but I prefer Tommy which tried to have fun with it instead of the Wall's pseudo intellectual pretentious garbage
>>
>>69972296
Don't get me wrong, musically the album is great but it just did not transfer to film well at all. Quadrophenia on the other hand was much more suited to it, I've rewatched that one many times but only seen Tommy once. I even went through a phase of wanting to be a mod, got the parka coat and everything
>>
>>69972614
Mods are fags
>>
>>69970079
The Wall. If not just for the animation sequences.
>>
>>69972815
Mods > Rockers
>>
Quadrophenia is technically the best, The Wall is more fun though. Tommy is pretty boring and not really worth watching.
>>
>>69970079
Tommy is a fucking mess, the music is awful on the movie. Even if the original album is 10/10 they completely fucked everything up, where's Townshend's acoustic guitar holding everything together? Instead we got a bunch of synths and Jack Nicholson "singing"
>>
I haven't watched the flicks, but the album ranking goes like:
Quadrophenia > Tommy = The Wall
>>
>>69970079
the wall just for including When the Tigers Broke Free
>>
>>69974086
AND THAT'S HOW THE HIGH COMMAND
>>
THAT ONE LOOKS JEWISH! AND THAT ONES A COON!
WHO LET ALL THIS RIFF-RAFF INTO THE ROOM?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.