[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people browsing this site right now who think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1463919690599.jpg (195 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1463919690599.jpg
195 KB, 500x650
>There are people browsing this site right now who think Lex's plan and motivations didn't make sense.

>As long as you accept the underlying motivation and existential crisis (something that tech billionaires are strangely prone to), you can follow the logic and reasons behind Lex’s actions and see the careful planning and execution required. You can see how he had fall backs, contingencies, and ways out. You can see how he course corrects and keeps to his ultimate motive even as circumstances change. He isn’t a random force of chaos, except to the extent that he accepts Doomsday as the final say on power on Earth (and that’s only an internal interpretation; add what he learns about Darkseid and beyond and his reasons likely come into focus even more).

http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
File: 1443984527558.jpg (131 KB, 928x946) Image search: [Google]
1443984527558.jpg
131 KB, 928x946
>>69969551

>http://www.manofsteelanswers.com
>>
>>69969551
best part of the film, wished he had more screen time though. Same paternal issues Bret Easton Ellis likes to give his characters
>>
So he always intended on Bruce to steal the kryptonite and fight supes?

He always knew Clark Kent was really superman?

He started planning this scheme of his directly after MoS happened?

He knew superman would show up at the capital building?

He knew Wheels would be OK killing himself for no reason just because he has no legs?

I liked BvS, but Lexs plan gets shittier and shitter the more I think about it. And let's not even mention his endgame when he created doomsday. Literally if batman would have killed superman according to his plan, doomsday would have still been born and murdered everything and everyone, starting with Lex.
>>
>>69969701
>He knew Wheels would be OK killing himself for no reason just because he has no legs?

Come on son, he sacrificed wheels and Mercy for the chumps they were, they had no idea about the bomb.
>>
>>69969768
how retarded can you be? of course wheels knew about the bomb
>>
>>69970080

>of course wheels knew about the bomb

Based on what?
>>
>>69969768
>he sacrificed wheels and Mercy
did he sacrifice her? didnt she leave before the bomb exploded? wheels or superman looked back and noticed she was gone and then he exploded
>>
File: 14734723883328293.jpg (1 MB, 3293x2618) Image search: [Google]
14734723883328293.jpg
1 MB, 3293x2618
Reminder
>>
I'm one of those dumb Marvel drones who doesn't understand BvS, maybe someone could help me understand Lex's actions, here is what I got so far:

1. Despite superman saving the world and also rescuing lots of people, Lex wants to kill superman because of daddy's fist and abominations proving that God is evil, therefore superman is evil

2. Lex needs a shipping licence to bring recovered kryptonite into the US to make an anti-superman weapon

3. Lex initially is not allowed a shipping licence but by using special bullets in an African civil war + blowing up a senator, he makes other senators more worried about superman, so that he gets the licence and the white Portuguese brings the kryptonite

4. Now this is where I start to get a bit confused. Did Lex deliberately let batman steal the kryptonite? How did Lex know batman wanted to use it to kill supes? Literally how the fuck did he know this? If he didn't know, it doesn't make sense. He was trying to make bats angry with supes by sending supes anonymous polaroids of dead people. Really? That's a pretty slender thread.

5. OK so whatever, bats has the kryptonite and Lex knows he will use it to fight supes. But why create doomsday? On what fucking planet does it make sense in any way, shape or form, to offset perceived risk of threat from superman by creating another, BERSERK AND UNCONTROLLABLE super-being? What was his endgame. A flattened wasteland? It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>69969551
>people think Lex's plan was idiotic
Okay fine

>dude zemo was great
Fuck off

Both their plans were idiotic and based on chance . At least Lex's plan worked
>>
File: 2109421439.jpg (15 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
2109421439.jpg
15 KB, 368x657
>There are people on this board right now who actually enjoy watching capeshit
>>
>>69970287
>didnt she leave before the bomb exploded?

No, you can see her looking around like where the fuck is Lex
>>
>>69970756

Zemo went around in person, getting the shit he needed to break up the avengers. No powers, no infinite wealth. What he DID have was an actual motive for his actions, unlike lex who still has absolutely no clear motive for wanting to kill superman or make doomsday.

Both plans were crap, yes, but at least Zemo was a more interesting villain.
>>
>>69970610
>5. OK so whatever, bats has the kryptonite and Lex knows he will use it to fight supes. But why create doomsday? On what fucking planet does it make sense in any way, shape or form, to offset perceived risk of threat from superman by creating another, BERSERK AND UNCONTROLLABLE super-being? What was his endgame. A flattened wasteland? It just doesn't make sense to me.

And what makes it even dumber is that it seems that Lex would have released doomsday regardless of who the winner was between batman and superman.
>>
dude you have to read playdoh and the bible and greek mythology and neitzchse this is zathura speaking lol dumb marvelcucks
>>
>>69971019
>playdoh
>>
>>69970840
good. maybe we'll get a white mercy in the next one. was yellow mercy actually named in the film at all? if she was then maybe they can pretend thats just a codename for his bodyguard
>>
>>69971245

I guess she was named in the credits same as CIA agent James Olsen but otherwise I don't recall Lex ever saying her name, honestly need to give it a rewatch
>>
>>69971326
well she was completely and utterly pointless. absolutely no reason to include her and just kill her off. so they better fix it by giving us the real mercy and actually making her effective
>>
>>69971499

She was his PA man, she did PA shit, see how she got Zod's body tucked away nice and neat? I guess blowing her the fuck out would appeal to the Chinese market
>>
>>69971595
the chinese dont like women. give him a male chink PA and give him a white female bodyguard
>>
>>69970912
>at least zemo was interesting
Nope

He existed to move a dumb plot along (and even then he wasn't needed as the main plot was about the accords)

The part where tried to off himself was interesting, that was about the only time we got any "character" out of him
>>
>>69970544
Pseudo intellectual drivel in its most obvious form.
>>
>>69969551
>http://www.manofsteelanswers.com
haha oh shit dc cucks have a whole website to rationalize how this movie can be anything but bad
>>
>>69969603
it's one line about his dad in the whole fucking movie. Pontificating fucktards, jesus kek
>>
>>69969551
Fuck me, I hadn't noticed the A Streetcar Named Desire reference in Lex's dialogue.
>>
>DINGDINGDINGDING
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69972395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQg_IRx8ruM
yeah that was weird. i have no idea why they fully had lex parody this video. kind of clashed with the tone of the rest of the movie
>>
>>69972164
>one line about his dad

almost every scene he's in he references his dad, are you dense?
>>
The number one most retarded thing in the entire movie was that anybody would be dumb enough to believe Superman would shoot people with guns.
Explain that.
>>
>>69975173

That wasn't the issue, the issue was that the terrorist group led by the guy Superman put through a wall performed retaliatory attacks on surrounding villages, basically the argument is that Superman can swoop in and save a reporter but where the fuck was he when those people were getting slaughtered.
>>
File: 1419506502108.jpg (62 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1419506502108.jpg
62 KB, 395x401
>>69969551
>there's an entire website dedicated to explaining the plotholes of Snyder's garbage
This droning knows no limits.
>>
>>69969551
>There are people browsing this site right now who think Lex's plan and motivations didn't make sense.
Scary thought, isn't it?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.