[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for Dick Jones! DICK JONES!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Robo-Clarence-2.jpg (83 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
Robo-Clarence-2.jpg
83 KB, 800x529
I work for Dick Jones! DICK JONES!
>>
Why was the first Robocop so based but the rest ended really bad?
>>
File: prototypes1.jpg (114 KB, 800x544) Image search: [Google]
prototypes1.jpg
114 KB, 800x544
You are all under arrest.
>>
>>69969229
It should be "I work for dick, Jones."

Its a hold over from the original script when robocops name was Jones Cranny. Or JC, to drive home the jesus analogy.
>>
>>69970256
The first one was a fairly original idea with a not-quite-big-enough budget that they someone managed to pull off through conviction and talent, and then it was wildly successful. They tried to re-create that with sequels and it didn't work. It's not complicated, I'm sure if you sat down and thought about it for 5 minutes you would've realized this.
>>
I fucking love Robocop, man. I might rewatch it tonight in fact.

Verhoeven can do no wrong.
>>
Would it be pleb calling this my favorite film?
>>
>>69971092
It's mine too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen objectively better films from an artistic and cultural standpoint (Tarkovsky, Pasolini, etc), but this is most definitely the one film I can just watch again and again. It's basically perfect in terms of structure, writing, visuals and accomplishing its aims.
>>
File: 600px-Vlcsnap-559758.jpg (55 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
600px-Vlcsnap-559758.jpg
55 KB, 600x325
Don't jerk me off!
>>
>>69970341

Is this why Tim and Eric exists?
>>
>>69970256
>>69970353
I loved Robocop 2. Obviously it wasn't as solid as the first one, but Kane was a great villain, a different sort of villain. All those drug lab shootouts. I mean who can really compare with Dick Jones and Clarence and the boys?

Robocop 3 was just flatout embarrassing though.

That and I don't think Verhoeven was involved with any of the sequels. So there's that.
>>
>>69971253
>I want a car that goes really fast and gets really horrible gas mileage
>>
Robocop 1 for the cheesy awesome, Robocop 2 for cheesy awesome laffs.

"You look a little out of breath, bitch!"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.