[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if /tv/ existed when the star wars movies came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: darthvader-design[1].jpg (68 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
darthvader-design[1].jpg
68 KB, 1024x768
Reminder that if /tv/ existed when the star wars movies came out, it would shit on it the same way it does with 'cape shit' today. Star Wars was basically viewed as the capeshit of its time when it came out.
>>
Thanks for that painfully obvious observation. What's next? Water is wet?
>>
I don't understand Star Wars fans at all. I like Star Wars the most because of the videogames. I hated Episode 7. I really liked that comic where Luke and Mara Jade get married. I liked Jar Jar and the Ewoks. Episode 1 is my second favorite in the saga.
>>
>>69968458
We would remember it fondly years later, after the movies of the future went full retard.
>>
Why of course. People who like Star Wars only do so because they grew up with them. They're movies for children.
>>
>>69968557
Exactly. Would you say it's bad to like things for children like Star Wars when you are an adult though?
>>
>>69968458
So you mean /tv/ hates everything that is popular ?

Shocking
>>
dtar wars is gay too lol. the old one are even worse than teh new ones my man
>>
>>69968538
Me too. I didn't hate Ep. 7 but I liked it less on 2nd viewing.
Never bothered with books or comics though. From what I read things got Dragon Ball tier crazy.
>>
>>69968538
"Star Wars fans" is a very broad category. Those that are genuinely fans of the lore to the point of autism hated E7 for being bland as fuck. Those with "muh childhood" syndrome loved it, since it was marketed specifically as a movie for them to enjoy.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (159 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
159 KB, 621x621
>>69968538
>>
People shit on Star Wars OT all the time here.
>>
>>69968557
I think they tried to market Ep 7 for adults though (stupidest idea they ever had). Kind of like when Lego made the Simpsons set.
>>
>>69968694
that's because /co/ niggers shitpost here all the time
>>
>>69968710
>(stupidest idea they ever had)

Tell that to the 2 billion dollar gross and unanimous critic and fan praise

Disney doesnt care what you, an anonymous sperg on the internet, thinks of their marketing machine when its clearly been shown to work
>>
>>69968458
*if /tv/ HAD existed...

Basic grammar, dude
>>
>>69968458
Basically true

People bitch and moan about the "fast pacing" of TFA and how it didnt EXPLAIN enough through exposition when that was literally why the original film was so loved. It was action packed and didnt waste time with bullshit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.