[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only just found out that people actually hate this guy. He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: RamsayBolton.jpg (233 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
RamsayBolton.jpg
233 KB, 1252x1252
I only just found out that people actually hate this guy. He's easily one of the best characters on the show.

He's like a smarter, less whiney Joffrey.
>>
Joffrey was more relatable because he got all of mommy's good boy points yet staying /mischief/. Ramsay was too naughty to daddy
>>
newfag here. Did people on this board like joffrey when he was still on the show? It wouldnt surprise me if they did
>>
>>69962566
/tv/ doesn't like anything

maybe tormund and the "bad pussy" girl but thats it

maybe tywin
>>
>>69962566
>implying /got/ likes anything at all
>>
Ramsay is a edgy autist who managed to kill some of the top 50 best ironborn fighters dual-wielding daggers with no armour. Like Brienne he gets everything handed to him with no repercussions, e.g Rickon.
>>
>>69962487
He's supposed to be ugly as sin

He's supposed to be barely competent at anything other than being a sneaky sadistic fuck
>>
File: 1463387672545.png (2 MB, 1063x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463387672545.png
2 MB, 1063x1080
>>69962487
>rating Ramsay
Easiest way to detect a reddit showfag

Ramsay is supposed to be Roose's fat bitch not-named-walda. Literally a side character as inconsequential as the butcher's boy that gets killed. Wouldn't be surprised if he craps himself to death like the beta male he is.

But D&D the little faggots they are literally worship Cock as their god, so they read the idea of somebody cutting off a cock as having to possess supernatural ability, charm, and wit. Who else could stand against the almighty Cock? And don't you just love Ramsay, and cock? Here's a cock for you taking valuable screentime. And the Kingsmoot? Nah forget it, we're having a Cocksmoot, where Euron Cock's-Eye makes his daring reveal.
>>
>>69962581
Im surprised. The bad pussy girl is like the worst character on got
>>
>>69962487
>one of the best characters
I assume this is bait. There is literally nothing to him besides

>Look at how deranged and cruel I am!!
That's it. Honestly dont even understand how he has gotten away with the shit he has done.
>>
>>69962487
>le invincible plot armour man

Poorly written, he'd have been killed off ages ago if the writers weren't trying to force an edgy chaacter with absolutely no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>69962487
That's exactly the problem.

Joffrey was endearing because he was flawed. Most of his problems he created himself, he fucked up as much as he succeeded, and he began as a whiny mama's boy trying to fill daddy's boots and developed into a full blown psychopath.

Ramsay just starts as a deranged maniac and he's flawless in everything he does. It gets boring watching ten minutes of Ramsay just doing the same shit over and over every episode.

And he is smarter than Joffrey (a rock is smarter than Joffrey), but he's not actually smart at all. He's just lucky because plot armour. Him being shirtless with a knife taking on fifty ironborn with two guards and some dogs doesn't make him smart, it's just dumb. Littlefinger handing him Sansa doesn't make him smart. His outwitting of Roose doesn't make him smart, just makes Roose dumb. Smalljon handing him Rickon on a plate doesn't make him smart. He might as well just call himself the Snow Snake at this point.
>>
>>69962566

i hated him in s1 but then i started ironically liking him just to be edgy, and then when i saw what a massive cunt tommen is i started missing him
>>
>>69962750
This is going to turn out to be D&D's attempt at a plot-twist by making the bad guys win at the end.
>>
>>69962487
>I only just found out that people actually hate this guy.
That's a good sign his acting is pretty good.
Then again, it's the only good actor on the show.
>>
>>69962663
he's definitely competent in the books, but his psychopathy means he just falls back on terrorism.

his character is GRRM making the point that under shitty enough circumstances being a psycho is at least as effective as subtlety, just like the Martells being betrayed in the books will be about how sometimes an entire country decides they don't want leaders who make cautious expedient decisions but just want to chimp out en masse and do something totally counter-productive.
>>
>>69962867
>he's definitely competent in the books
No he isn't. All he's done is made people more wary of House Bolton and made them more likely to rebel when the Northern Conspiracy cracks.

Everything gained in the name of Bolton has been gained by Roose. Ramsay's done fuck all towards it.
>>
>>69962829
Nice try manlet
>>
>>69962487
I hate him because he's written to be the end all, be all, ingenious, sadistic and psychotic (but with self control ;) villain with a wicked, nihilistic sense of humor who is just like the Joker.

He's shit.
>>
>>69962867
>>69962487
what has he done that's smart ever? he attacked stannis in the open field losing riders when there was 0% chance of losing by just waiting out a siege. he also mistreated salsa leading to her escape, and killed his own father, running his house into the ground.
what has he done that's talented in any way? brainwash some pussy and fend off some of the ironborn, the useless niggers of westeros
>>
>>69962788
>i started ironically liking him just to be edgy
*tips fedora*
>>
>>69962566
I wasn't around here back then, but I think he was one of the best actors in the show. Or at least definetly the best of the younger ones. He had a complicated role and I think he accomplished very well.
>>
>>69962566
Yes.

He's like Tywin or Roose. You wouldn't want to be friends with the guy but as a character in a story he's fantastic.
>>
>>69963266
suck up to his papa to get legitimized

raid stannis' camp

actually keeping theon alive but making him into a dummy to do his will like opening the gates of the citadel
>>
>>69962487
The problem is Ramsay doesn't get anything with skill, he gets everything because of luck and because the plot demands it

>gets Sansa handed to him so he can fuck her every day even though it still doesn't make sense why Littlefinger did that since Roose and Ramsay left Moat Cailin undefended
>defeat Stannis because he's a hindrance to the storyline when Tommen an heroes later this season? Ramsay's got it
>gets close to Roose the moment he finds out he has a legitimate child? Yep Ramsay does it easily and kills him
>none of the men revolt immediately after their liege lord is dead? Of course not for Ramsay
>Ramsay easily executes Fat Walda and her child and Walder Frey and the other Bolton soldiers do nothing? Of course, fuck the Freys, no one likes them or remembers them, so no one will care, not even Walder
>Lord Karstark doesn't run the fuck away the moment he finds out Ramsay is an unhinged psycho? Nope, he'd rather ride it out with Ramsay than leave him to die
>Lord Umber walks right up to him and gives him Rickon Stark and his dead direwolf? Of course, once again someone needs to kill Rickon so Sansa can have Winterfell, fuck the minor character

And now the plot demands Ramsay to die, so HIS FIRST FUCKING MISTAKE THAT HAS CONSEQUENCES is leaving Moat Cailin undefended, that's it, after pissing off and fucking over so many people, Ramsay will die because for some reason he left the 2nd most important fort in the North undefended

Also Ramsay is going to die because the autist in the Vale was tricked into ordering him to die by CIA, after fucking over so many people, the autist in the Vale who never met the guy and who was never harmed by him is the reason he's finally going to bite the dust
>>
>>69963593
It's poetry that a guy who got everything because of luck finally has his luck run out.
>>
>>69963884
Dying because he left Moat Cailin undefended isn't running out of luck, it's shit tier writing
>>
>>69963944
He is just incompetent and has been lucky to get his way up until this point.
Now his incompetence will get him killed because he is shit out of luck.
>>
>>69962788
Yea I sort of miss joffrey just because tommen is a pushover faggot
>>
>>69962829
Iwan Rheon is a good actor.

Ramsay is poorly written. How much f this comes from GRRM and how much from d&d I don't know.

It's hard to tell whether the show is just making him their shitty psycho Bond villain, or whether they're just condensing storylines that GRRM produced for time.

Ie, Davos gets Rickon back, gives him to the Manderlys, and they either give him to Ramsay or he takes him from them.
>>
>>69962705
>>69962581
i'm sorry but the bad pussy girl is by far the hottest character they have
except margaery who's kinda hot but looks like she has downs

i like littlefinger too tb h
>>
>>69965196
robb's waifu was pretty hot but no tits
>>
>>69965196
Doreah was by far the hottest character on the show.
New red priestess is the hottest among the living.
>>
>>69965270
Dat ass, tho.
>>
There's nothing smart about him
He just gets away with shit because of plot armour
>>
>>69962487
Ramsay is a fucking faggot

Game of Thrones in general struggles with bad guys. Ramsay and Joffrey are both so one dimensional that everything they do is so predictable, boring and shitty. Atleast Ramsay isn't a mommyboy, but he's still uninteresting as fuck. They never should've killed off his lover, it's the only chance they'd have to make Ramsay a worthwhile character that doesn't just kill everyone that is not cooperating.
>>
>>69962566
I liked Joff as a character because he didn't have any plot armor
>>
File: e2e[1].jpg (72 KB, 680x671) Image search: [Google]
e2e[1].jpg
72 KB, 680x671
>>69962487

Let me guess he's just like you, intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
At least Joffrey had some endearing traits and felt like a real person. He would talk a lot of shit and stomp all over whatever insects were in his way when he had the power to do so, but he was a coward at heart and shut down whenever it was clear that he couldn't get his way. Plus, he was shown to be a massive Targaryen fanboy and seemed happy to be able to nerd out while lecturing Margaery on the history of the Iron Keep.

Ramsay likes torturing people. That's it. And unlike Joffrey, he somehow gets away with doing whatever the fuck he wants. Everyone in the Iron Keep opposed everything Joffrey did, but had to do what he said because he was the King. No one seems to give a fuck what Ramsay does at all.
>>
>>69962487
The acting is good like with Joffrey.
But unlike Joffrey this guy has absolutely everything going for him.
The only thing that worked against him was Sansa escaping, but she got instantly replaced with Rickon.
>>
File: tumblr_m8akxbX8dW1qg8l3bo1_500.png (219 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8akxbX8dW1qg8l3bo1_500.png
219 KB, 500x433
He die to save her Nigger girlfriend foverer
>>
>>69962487
Meme character. Oh look at this horrible thing you totally just expected, now zoom in on my face. So deep
>>
File: Stannis lives.jpg (70 KB, 572x863) Image search: [Google]
Stannis lives.jpg
70 KB, 572x863
Reminder that Stannis burning his daughter was also part of the books:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24/george-rr-martin-3-twists-game-thrones
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.