[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like GRRM doesn't like the show anymore. And that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: grrmbuttmad - Copy.png (36 KB, 863x288) Image search: [Google]
grrmbuttmad - Copy.png
36 KB, 863x288
Looks like GRRM doesn't like the show anymore.

And that's not how Hodor's name origin will be revealed.

I can't determine if I'm more or less buttmad.
>>
well good, because the warg within a warg thing made no goddamn sense
>>
>>69956756

Has he realized normalfags ruined the series?
>>
>>69957379

what was there to ruin

the series has a peak with the red wedding and everything after that is so padded with shit-tier filler that it's barely worth it
>>
>>69956756
>Looks like GRRM doesn't like the show anymore.

Seriously, how could he at this point?
>>
>>69957447
basically this
>>
>>69957447

d00d the latter half of book three is the best part, not the Red Wedding

tyrion's story climax (which the show butchered) blew out anything relating to the Starks (aside from Jon's groovy wall battle, maybe)
>>
>>69957447
nothing that happens has any fucking context like in the book either it's not bad, it's fucking terrible
>>
I want all the worlds resources to be devoted to creating a 8 movie long series in 4 years of every book in the Malazan series by steven erikson

That will be epic
>>
>>69958092
The books are shit, the show never had a chance to not be shit anyway.
>>
>>69958167
Documentation of a pen and paper roleplaying campaign isn't creative writing. You may as well ask for an adaptation of a video game.
>>
I'm kind of mad myself

Don't say this isn't a great reveal, I knew right away D&D didn't come up with this
>>
>>69956756
>Looks like GRRM doesn't like the show anymore.

Is that based on anything more than the perceiveed tone of his responses to show related questions?

I don't know what I hate more, journalists that make up stupid shit or the people that read it.
>>
Benioff: "I think people will be surprised how hard it hits them emotionally. It’s always interesting when we do the death calls; the Hodor one was particularly tough … [The Hodor twist came] from one of our conversations with [author George R.R. Martin]. This is one of his ideas that he told us in Santa Fe. We thought it was f–king fantastic.”
>>
>>69956756
There's a new sample chapter?

Who is it?

I've read the Arianne Theon and Tyrion chapters he put out.

Who did we get recently?
>>
>>69959649
your mom
>>
>>69959649
patchface
>>
>>69957939

What? Dany doing nothing, Sansa doing nothing, Everyone doing nothing.

Fucking fillers everywhere.
>>
>>69956756
>He joked about how jealous he was of Stephen King's writing speed.
Why joked?
>He did defend the show's writer's need to make major cuts to the books.
So he admits some of his writing is pointless?
>>
File: got gotta finish book.png (163 KB, 694x421) Image search: [Google]
got gotta finish book.png
163 KB, 694x421
>>69960017
>So he admits some of his writing is pointless?
Are you being actively stupid anon?
>>
File: 1403338361454.png (1 MB, 1200x836) Image search: [Google]
1403338361454.png
1 MB, 1200x836
>>69956756
Thing about GRRM is that he is a great character writer but is a shit when it comes to plots. He can write a captivating character arcs with complex motivations, surprising developments, ambivalent morality etc. but he is completely helpless when it comes to actually writing an overall story. His method of plot writing is entirely based on exponent: more characters, more locations, more macguffins, more timelines, more magic to explain previous material. Understnadably this snowballed out of control and he is unlikely to ever finish the books.
>>
>>69959898

battle at wall
oberyn vs mountain
stannis saving the night's watch
tyrion blowing out daddy
littlefinger wrecking lysa

what r u on about m8
>>
>>69956756
TOO FUCKING BAD YOU HAD 6 FUCKING YEARS OF HEAD START YOU AFT BASTARDDJSJDJ
>>
>>69960280
lol?
>>
>GRRM will not even start writing Dream of Sping
>A novelization by D&D will be the official book ending
>>
>>69956756
>doesn't actually say he doesn't like the show
>only 'the tone of his responses'
>aka projecting my opinions on GRRM
>/tv/ falls for this

for being bookfags you faggots sure can't read for shit.
>>
>>69956854
it was more of a warg within a green dream
>>
>>69965034
>'the tone of his responses'

desu I suspect there was a tone, but probably more along the lines of "I'm a fucking novelist, please stop asking me about this TV show that I actually have quite limited interaction with" etc.

Rabid fanboys forget that GRRM has a lot of experience writing for TV, it's where he first found genuine success and so he's uniquely placed to appreciate the necessities of adaptation.
>>
>>69965691
GRRM is quite unique as far as authors of adaptations go in that he actually has quite a fucking lot of interaction with the TV show, or at the very least he did in the early stages, he even wrote a few episodes in season 1 for instance.

If there was a tone, then I don't doubt it was a combination of "I'm not the one to blame for this" and "you're right this isn't quite up to par and I would hopefully like to fix this within the next decade but probably won't"
>>
>>69966586
>I don't doubt it was a combination of "I'm not the one to blame for this" and "you're right this isn't quite up to par and I would hopefully like to fix this within the next decade but probably won't"

See? Rabid fanboys.
>>
>>69956756
>unironically posting reddit
>>
>>69957447

Killing Cat was the worst mistake he made. I don't think he realized it at the time, but it unglued the series and left it a lot of pieces that couldn't be put back together. So he treads water and the books take longer and longer to finish, the plot gets stretched thinner and thinner.

And, really, wouldn't it have been a more genre-defying twist if the ultimate "hero" of the story was a middle-aged (well, she was about 35, but that was middle-aged by Westerosi standards), widowed, mother of five?
>>
>>69957447
/thread
>>
>>69966846
>Liking Catelyn
>>
>>69957447
>Reek chapters
>shit-tier filler
>not fucking amazing

Kill yourself.
>>
>>69966846
Cat is alive in the books, you moron....
>>
>>69967856
LS and Cat aren't quite the same person so it's kind of half-and-half.
>>
File: wut.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>69967856
>Not comprehending that killing a character and killing a POV are completely different
>>
>>69968294
Nigga talked about character, not POV.
>>
>>69959420
It is still beter then GoT
>>
>>69956756
Well him coming off negatively towards the show is simply because he is butthurt that this season is revealing all kinds of shit that are in upcoming books, a big one being Jon Snow coming back to life. Maybe his anger will motivate him to write faster. I mean he has known for years this would happen if he didn't hurry, but now that the time is actually here and he sees fans react to new revelations from the show rather than his books, it might make him realize how much he actually wants to hurry and finish. The story will be told on the show before the books finish though. No way the 7th and rumored possible 8th book will be done before the show ends. He let greed blind him and sold the rights to a series he hadn't finished writing, so its his own fault if he is upset this day has come where the show gets ahead of the released books.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.