[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i like Bullshit because they're always correct they see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: Penn.and.Teller.Bullshit.S07.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Penn.and.Teller.Bullshit.S07.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
i like Bullshit because they're always correct
they see no point in making a show where they could be wrong
>>
I have AIDS
>>
>>69951226
They actually agreed that their episode on recycling was bullshit, and they were wrong...and I'm sure that's just one of many times they've said the same.
>>
>>69951336
Citation needed. The recycling one was cut and dried.

The ones that suck are the low-hanging fruit like dolphin fuckers or alien abductees.
>>
>>69951336
Would love to read a source on this. I remember when I first watched it on HBO thinking that bit about landfills being perfectly safe being bullshit. Even landfills "done right" will leak shit that inevitably ends up in aquifers and ground water
>>
I miss this show. I wish it was still on.
>>
File: Jimmy_Buffet.jpg (255 KB, 432x540) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Buffet.jpg
255 KB, 432x540
>>69951260
>>
>>69951398
And yet, they are still the best method of waste disposal.
>>
Libertarianism is a meme
>>
File: maddox[1].png (220 KB, 305x501) Image search: [Google]
maddox[1].png
220 KB, 305x501
>that episode where they shit on Maddox
>>
The gun control and vidya episodes were god tier
>>
>>69951470
what episode?
>>
>>69951461
Sure, no one's arguing that. But spreading disinfo like "landfills are literally perfect and have no downsides" is kind of irresponsible.
>>
>>69951336
This
Any time they felt they were right without explaining why or trying really came across as half assed and unfunny
>>
>>69951496

The episode about old people.
>>
>>69951470
Man talk about low hanging fruit.
>>
>>69951470
Maddox wrote a follow up to this: http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=penn_teller_bullshit
>>
>>69951440

FUCK YOU JIMMY BUFFET

YOU FUCKING SUCK
>>
File: 1458745021783.jpg (23 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
1458745021783.jpg
23 KB, 336x336
>>69951611
A MEXICAN CUTIE
>>
>>69951522
I still agree with their one suggestion, to make an entire state a landfill and just not go there anymore.
>>
>>69951569
Why use "[sic]" if you're just going to say (her typo) right after that? Are people that lazy they won't look up what "[sic]" means?

I first saw that in one of his articles when I was 14 and I just looked it up
>>
>>69951470
Well hey, you agree to be on Bullshit, you deserve it.
>>69951569
it must not have been a big deal because it took him like 8 years to respond
>>
>>69951226

They get the grade on low hanging fruit like ESP and Vaccines but the rest of the show was fucking bullocks.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 296x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 296x287
>>69951611
>hating the most chill singer on the planet who makes comfy music for relaxing on the beach
Reminder that pic related is his most patrician album
>>
>>69951776
I think he completely forgot about it until Dick mentioned how "you got annihilated by Penn and Teller" on an episode of their podcast
>>
>>69951881
"He's no spring chicken"
>>
>>69951881
I miss Dick Masterson. He should update his website.
Everything he said as a joke is true and becoming more true. Women are trash.
>>
>>69951970
He's banned from YouTube, banned from Facebook, constantly is getting his hosting revoked. Twitter and the podcast is all he really has left.
>>
It was fun for about two seasons when they had actual topics to rant about. Then it quickly turned to grasping at straws and was just embarrassing.

Also they admitted that they were full of shit in the second hand smoking episode.
>>
File: iu gropeable breasts.jpg (129 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
iu gropeable breasts.jpg
129 KB, 639x960
>>69951226

>they always correct

except for the peta episode. they made some dumb arguments against peta in that episode. They like compared peta contributing to euthanizing animals to people abusing and being cruel to animals
>>
>>69952301
You're retarded
I own every season of Bullshit and there's a lot of shitty and stupid episodes, the Conspiracy Theory one is at the top of the list, but the PETA one is fine
PETA is one of the worst organizations of all time and they deserve any and all kinds of abuse thrown at them
Stop being a pussy
>>
>>69951665
What would be the best state?

Fast Food and NASA were decent for being part of the later seasons.
>>
>>69951665
Yeah that's a genuinely retarded idea though, for a number of reasons. The least of which being that any perceived benefits from turning an entire state into a landfill would be immediately outweighed by completely wiping out that entire state's economy. Even the smallest states in the US have economies bigger than most countries, we'd take a massive hit to GDP
>>
>climate change isn't real
>>
>>69952910
Did they really say this?
>>
>>69952778
What we should really do is wipe Puerto Rico off the map and make that a complete landfill
That'll solve all of our waste problems
>>
>>69953103
Yeah sure, let's literally haul every single piece of trash we generate in the states over barges to an island that regularly gets hit with hurricanes. That wouldn't be a complete waste of time and money
>>
>the holocaust is a lie
>>
>>69953470
>But the truth is, anyone who says there isn't a global Zionist conspiracy is A FUCKING DIRTY KIKE

Wow Penn, I know the show's on HBO but don't you think that's crossing a line?
>>
>>69952997
basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJRYnQCaqc

He tried to weasle out of saying he was wrong. Saying it wasn't climate change they were calling bullshit on but just the general Earth Day and green such shit. But nah. I've rewatched a lot of the early shit and they shit on global warming hard there.

It's a libertarian thing. They'll just barely acknowledge climate change is real because otherwise they're no different than no-evolution-science-hating-baptists but sit middle fence on it because any solution would require government stepping in and libertarians hate that.
>>
Liked the episode about exposing Africans as being intellectually on the level of retards. Especially loved the "WELL HERE'S A NEWSFLASH NIGGER" part.
>>
>>69952997
They did an episode on global warming in season 1.
Rather, they interviewed the dumbest yuppies they could find and said it might not be real
it rustled the fuck out of my environmentalist jimmies
>>
>>69953658
global warming is literally bullshit
>>
>>69953658
>Libertarian
Yeah that shit is really starting to get old for me. I saw them twice in Vegas, once in 2003 and once in 2015. The first show was great, tons of incredible tricks, them breaking down how classic tricks were done then upping the ante, they even ended it with the bullet trick.

The second time was such a letdown. They spent like a third of the whole show spewing their libertarian bullshit that no one cares about and hijacking an entire trick to shill their stupid metal pocket constitution in the gift shop.
>>
>>69953905
Yeah they're definitely not as good as they used to be
But jesus christ man, that bullet trick blows my fucking mind
There HAS to be an explanation for it but I literally can't think of anything and I've watched it a bunch
>>
>>69954003
I'm really glad I got to see it live, that was a real fucking treat. They were standing out there in the spotlight, with the curtains behind them, no one ever crossed over at any point. No idea how they pulled it off.

I remember going on forums back when I saw it, and some guy claimed to have it all figured out. I remember Penn responding to theories like that in a video, saying "even if you did figure it out, why would we confirm it?" Based.
>>
>>69953898
>Overwhelming scientific consensus
>Proven in models
>Insane amount of data corroborating the hypothesis
>Bullshit
k.
>>
>>69954254
>your post
>bullshit
Pick both
>>
>>69954417
So no real refutation of the argument, just ad hominem. Great job, chief.
>>
File: feel.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>>69951336

>tfw the proposed finale of the bullshit on Bullshit episode where they would go through all the things they got wrong never happened
>>
the JFK one was worst
literally lost every credibility

Lets ignore the fact that there was a guy bringing in a weapon shipment, being watched by the Feds for saying he was gonna assassinate JFK, was in the crowd and then had a wiretap after where he boasted how he and some other guy pulled it off.

At this point the government didn't have to do anything except cover it up
>>
>>69954494
They've been talking about rebooting it for a while now but no stations want to air it or even get near it
>>
>>69954254
>No sources for any of these claims
Bullshit
>>
>>69952301

Penn also went vegan for a time in order to lose weight and avoid taking blood pressure medication
>>
the idolatry one (Mother Teresa, Dalai Lama, etc.) was great.
>>
>>69951226
The recycling one was retarded.
The dieting one was retarded.

Stopped watching after that.
>>
>>69954652
>in order to lose weight

i might be wrong, but in the obesity epidemic episode, didn't he try to say BMI was an innacurrate measurment because according to it, he's obese? like he's not obviously a fatty?
>>
>>69954582
That was the first episode I watched and what got me into the series
But I agree with you
I said it earlier but the Conspiracy Theory episode is the worst because it's a slap in the face and basically just says "YOUR GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIE TO YOU, TRUST THEM COMPLETELY"
It's just braindead

>>69954658
My nigga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4

More people hating Mother Teresa is what this world needs
>>
>>69954603
The overwhelming majority of scientific literature surrounding climate is in line with what I said. The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence that refutes this well established theory
>>
>>69954735
After the series ended he gained a lot of weight to the point where he was a fatty mcfatster
>>
>>69954603
https://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm
http://www.bbc.com/news/10370955
http://www.skepticalscience.com/docs/Guide_to_Skepticism.pdf
http://thecontributor.com/why-climate-deniers-have-no-scientific-credibility-one-pie-chart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
go to bed pen
>>
File: 1463964264791.png (28 KB, 499x322) Image search: [Google]
1463964264791.png
28 KB, 499x322
>>69954254
>proven in models
literally the opposite of the truth
every model of the 21st century made between 1990-2000 has been hopelessly wrong
virtually every model of the historical temperature record has been debunked
nigger
>>
>>69954758
and the Dalai Lama too. not that he himself is actually that bad, but it points out that Tibet under the Lama system rule he represents was basically a theological slave society where they tortured dissenters and did the same pedophilia alter-boy shit the Catholic church gets so much crap for.
>>
>>69954840
These non-scientific non-peer reviewed news articles are not valid sources
>>
>>69954844
I'm talking about the greenhouse effect. Earth's atmosphere traps in heavier gases like CO2. The heat from the sun's radiation gets absorbed by these gases when it would normally escape our atmosphere. Burning coal, natural gas and oil produces large amounts of CO2 and Methane. Thus a warming effect.
>>
Anyone else think there needs to be a /tv/ guide to this show? Similar to the Twin Peaks one I've seen, where it will list the quality of the episodes. Like what episodes genuinely make a good argument, what episodes are kind of mediocore and low hanging fruit, and others that are just plain bullshit.
>>
>>69954991
Be the change you want to see anon. Make some fresh OC.
>>
>>69954991
The Cheerleader episode is great and really goes into how corrupt that shit is
>>
>>69954912
Welp I'd give you a more specific individual sources but you're just trolling and denying everything so there's some decent overview and evidence within those links if you would look. What in particular about climate change do you deny so that I might spoonfeed you the specific evidence you need?
>>
>>69955028

It's been so long since I've watched these, and I'll need to have some different voices into the mix because I don't entirely trust my own, but I can give it a start.

Maybe I can take in some discussion and do this one season at a time. Here are the episodes for the first season:

Talking to the Dead
Alternative Medicine
Alien Abductions
End of the World
Second Hand Smoke / Baby Bullshit
Sex, Sex, Sex
Feng Shui / Bottled Water
Creationism
Self-Helpless
ESP
Eat This!
Ouija Boards / Near Death Experiences
Environmental Hysteria

I think it's generally agreed that the second hand smoke and the environmental hysteria ones are bullshit. Is the one about dieting bullshit too? I forget.
>>
>>69955272
my fav episodes are video games
vacation bullshit and the catholic church who forced them to remove that ep of the dvd
>>
>>69955375
oops I mean vaccinations
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.